[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
Non Issue
He explained it on IG back in January.

New twitter system. YOU are in charge of building our community. I will pick the first 5 to follow. They will then dm me who to follow next (1xperson) at the end of the week. We add the next five and then THEY will do the same at weeks end.. I’m capping it at 500 then I will reset and start over again #keepitfresh #BSFollowsuggestionwillgetuMUTOMBOED . I will reset tonight and pick my first 5 community leaders in the am #beglobal #beentertaining #besmart #dontbully #havefun #lakernation #mambaarmy #2manyhashtags mamba out.

Dude was just bored and came up with a follow "system" :lol:

Last edited:
I found some great stuff from this morning's discussion.

PRE 2003 Draft Rankings-mocks, etc. By none other than John Hollinger. (currently working in the Memphis front office)

9 NYK SG Dwyane Wade Marquette 6'4" 200 21
Consider this one a placeholder. If Kaman and Lampe are both gone by the time the Knicks pick, one has to think they'll try to deal this pick to a team that fancies Wade in return for some frontcourt help. They're too scarred from the Frederic Weis disaster to take a chance on Russian giant Pavel Podkolzin.

4 TOR PF Chris Bosh Ga. Tech 6'11" 220 19
The Raptors are so thin at so many spots that they're basically looking at the best player available, and Bosh certainly fits the bill. Speaking of thin, Bosh is built along the lines of Joe Smith, but will have to play right away because the Raptors' bench is nonexistent.

Hardly ringing endorsements for either player. (Wade to the Knicks, man if I posted this in there right now, they would drink all night long. :lol: )

Now, after the draft analysis by Chad Ford, the Mel Kiper of NBA drafting.

Chris Bosh | PF | 6-11 | Georgia Tech

Ford's Take: The Raptors tried to trade this pick, but couldn't find any takers. Bosh was the next best player on the board. At his size and with his skill set, his upside is similar to a Tim Duncan or Kevin Garnett. The Raptors have to be patient, but he'll be worth it. He exceeded expectations during his freshman year and several NBA GMs think he'll do it again. He's already gained 15 pounds of muscle since he left his school. Once he gets stronger physically, I think the Big Three of the draft will be the Big Four.

Notice how he says "Big 3 of the draft", as in Bron, Darko, Melo? And the Raptors tried to trade the pick, before settling on Bosh.

Dwyane Wade | SG | 6-5 | Marquette

Ford's Take: The first big shocker of the draft. Pat Riley really wanted a player who could contribute right away. Wade can play in the backcourt with Eddie Jones. He's got a good handle and can play point at times. He's got a great first step and is a solid defender. He's one of the most mature players in the draft. The biggest issue? The Heat desperately need a good shooter in the backcourt. For all of Wade's strengths, he isn't a good long range shooter. Interesting pick. Obviously, by passing on Chris Kaman and Maciej Lampe, Riley doesn't like projects.

So yeah, Wade wasn't exactly Bron-Melo level goin in. One guy had him goin at 9, IF the Knicks couldn't get Kaman, and the other guy had shock at Wade going in the top 5. Again, not really ringing endorsements for Wade.

Here's my favorite part tho. THIS is funny.

David West | PF | 6-9 | Xavier

Ford's Take: Not a bad pick. He's kind of a shorter version of P.J. Brown. But why not take a flier here on Brian Cook? Cook is taller, a more well-rounded player, and could help stretch defenses with his perimeter skills. West will be a solid player. But at No. 18 you could get so much more.

Wait for it.....

Brian Cook | PF | 6-11 | Illinois

Ford's Take: Great pick for the Lakers. His ability to play inside and outside reminds me a lot of Robert Horry. He needs to get stronger, but he's got lottery-type talent in his overall game. With Horry likely hitting the free-agent market, Cook really lands in a good situation.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Anyone remember Brian Cook? :lol: :lol:

Obviously they wiffed on some stuff, but they largely viewed this as a 3 man draft + Kaman was nice, Bosh had a nice ceiling.

They will wiff on some guys in 2014 too, and certainly there will be some busts, but this draft has as much potential as 2003 and 1996. Just depends on those players workin their ***** off, and who wants to be great? (and also where they land)

If Bari or Embiid or even Wiggins decide against coming out, then the draft certainly takes a hit. But if they ALL come out, this class can be just as fun as the last two great classes, even with 03 lookin a little top heavy years later.

Brian Cook. :lol: :lol:

team tank might need to have ambulances standing by closely tonight for potential heart attacks after we beat the kings

Last edited:
boo-this-man.gif

So potentially the Lakers could start the 2015-2016 season with:

Exum

Bryant

Carmelo

Love

_______

or

_______

Bryant

Carmelo

Love

Embiid

with PJax as coach

pimp.gif

Thanks for all the advice guys. Bout to head down to Staples to cheer on the guys! I'll be team tank on the inside. :pimp:

laugh.gif
gonna be a nut house in here if the kings lose
Not sure why you think this considering that we all know the kings are going to lose.

But if the kings win.....

Nba world champions 2010 celebration in this *****
smokin.gif
There's not enough Kings fans to celebrate like that.

It would just be me, you
grin.gif
 and like 3 other Kings fans Chris Bosh champagne showering each other 
laugh.gif

Some interesting tidbits by fran frascilla..who has seen exum live.

Q: How did you get to study Dante Exum?

FF: I got to see him at the Nike Summitt in Portland with Parker, Randle, Wiggins, and I got the chance to really study and watch Exum in July in Prague when he represented Australia in the World Championships. The U.S. won that tournament with Marcus Smart, Aaron Gordon, Jahlil Okafor and those other good American stars, but Dante was in that tournament with Australia and he was just brilliant.

Q: Having watched Exum, what does he remind you of?

FF: He's a guy that can play either spot (PG/SG). He looks (physically) like a Wesley Johnson, but he's just way more skilled in everything. I hate to say this because I'll get destroyed, but he reminds me of a young circa 1982 North Carolina, Michael Jordan. He's not going to be as great as him obviously, unless I'm wrong. But he reminds you of a young colt just about to run his first claimer race and you're looking at Exum saying: "this guy's going to win the Kentucky Derby someday."

Q: Who do you think should be the players in the Top 3?

FF: In some order... Embiid, Parker, Exum.

Embiid - because he could be the next great big man.

Parker - because he's a safe pick, he's NBA ready and you can plug him in on day 1 and he will get you 18 points his rookie year... but he's going to have issues guarding, that his defense is an issue, he'll give you 18 but he may also give up 18.

Wiggins - I love Wiggins, I've seen him more than anybody in the Big 12, but he has some make-up issues, some more things he could learn, he's too nice of a kid.

Exum - he has great basketball instincts, as Chuck Daly used to say "what will the player do when the play breaks down?" You need a guy that can give his team a chance because the play will break down, and Exum can do this.

I think there are 2 transformational players and that is Joel Embiid and Dante Exum.

I agree with 90 percent of what this says.......

Back
Top Bottom