[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
Very few people are willing to admit this sort of thing, but IDGAF: I was ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE Bron would be a bust.

I mean... I was living in Ohio, LAUGHING at people talking about his greatness. "Of COURSE you think so: you're a fan! In his home state! A-dur! But once he starts playing grown men... Ben Wallace, Shaq, Timmy, KG... he's not going to be flying through the air in the NBA, I'm telling you. You'll see."

"You'll see", I said.

laugh.gif

HAVING SAID THAT... I still saw that he was an uber-talent among regular talent. I just denied that his uber-ness would culminate into NBA uber-ness.

But there's no one in this class I'm seeing as an uber-talent among regular talents.

That's the difference in the lack of confidence. With Bron (and Melo), we saw the dominance. Some denied that it would continue, but there was no question that Bron was an all-around stud and Melo was a buckets magnet. No one in this class exudes that confidence in people.

Then you see my point. You can't really say 2003 was a special class, when you were iffy on 2 of the 4 parts.

This class may not have a Bron-Melo, but they could have 3-4-5-6 Wade-Bosh type hits, which is perfectly fine.

As I've asked for, even a couple Paul George type come ups would be welcome, both to us, and the NBA as a whole.

drafts always have and will continue to be crapshoots imo. so many variables as to how a player will develop

Last edited:
Very few people are willing to admit this sort of thing, but IDGAF: I was ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE Bron would be a bust.

I mean... I was living in Ohio, LAUGHING at people talking about his greatness. "Of COURSE you think so: you're a fan! In his home state! A-dur! But once he starts playing grown men... Ben Wallace, Shaq, Timmy, KG... he's not going to be flying through the air in the NBA, I'm telling you. You'll see."

"You'll see", I said.

:lol:

HAVING SAID THAT... I still saw that he was an uber-talent among regular talent. I just denied that his uber-ness would culminate into NBA uber-ness.

But there's no one in this class I'm seeing as an uber-talent among regular talents.

That's the difference in the lack of confidence. With Bron (and Melo), we saw the dominance. Some denied that it would continue, but there was no question that Bron was an all-around stud and Melo was a buckets magnet. No one in this class exudes that confidence in people.

Funny you mention this.

In 96, I never heard of, or knew who this Kobe Bryant kid was. But I heard 6-5 high schooler, and as you remember, KG was the rage of the league comin straight out, but he was a legit 6-11.

At the time, I thought no way this Kobe kid will make it, it's one thing when you're 7 feet, it's another when you are a guard.

This is pre draft, pre Lakers, just him announcing he was coming to the NBA. I automatically went "bust".

Then, I watched an interview shortly after the draft with Roy Firestone and Jerry West, and West was practically giggling on tv, and said point blank, this kid, at 18, could star in the NBA RIGHT NOW. Roy checked him, made him repeat it, and West without hesitating, RIGHT NOW. 'He will be special'

I couldn't believe it.

Took me less than a month into the season (even with low minutes as a rook) to see it. Yeah, Jerry got this one right. :lol:

Funny you mention this.

In 96, I never heard of, or knew who this Kobe Bryant kid was. But I heard 6-5 high schooler, and as you remember, KG was the rage of the league comin straight out, but he was a legit 6-11.

At the time, I thought no way this Kobe kid will make it, it's one thing when you're 7 feet, it's another when you are a guard.

This is pre draft, pre Lakers, just him announcing he was coming to the NBA. I automatically went "bust".

Then, I watched an interview shortly after the draft with Roy Firestone and Jerry West, and West was practically giggling on tv, and said point blank, this kid, at 18, could star in the NBA RIGHT NOW. Roy checked him, made him repeat it, and West without hesitating, RIGHT NOW. 'He will be special'

I couldn't believe it.

Took me less than a month into the season (even with low minutes as a rook) to see it. Yeah, Jerry got this one right. :lol:

I was.....11 at the time.......

I remember thinking Camby was going to be a special player. :lol:

Def did not expect Kobe to get his MJ on. :smokin

these old jokes are getting old... like the old people the old jokes are aimed at

*insert picture of xzibit here*

Lotta funny ************* in here ain't ya?

You could say thank you as I kindly placed the softball on the tee for you clowns. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom