[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
Farmar's defensive numbers are pretty good. Not elite level, but can't ask for much better out of a backup.

Absolutely, but Exum at 6-6 is absurd for a PG, and could be a huge weapon. (IF he cares about defense at all)

Combo guard as well so you can definitely give

Exum start, Farmar gets his minutes, even give Marshall minutes to help jump start offense with Exum rolling to the 2 and taking a good amount of Kobe's backup minutes

The more I think about it...
Exum, Kobe, SF, Love, Bosh (need Exum to become an elite defender, sign a 3D SF (Lance? :nerd: ) and Bosh could help)
... this core is BEAUTIFUL.

If that SF were Lance, we would not NOT win the next eleventy championships after that roster was put together.

I will now be actively cheering for this.

Just doing my part. :D

It would certainly be an upgrade.

Window would be short with Bosh and Kobe, but 2 years would be helpful. Exum, Lance, Love carrying on thereafter would be a solid start.

Mix in Xavier, Farmar, Marshall, Wes, Sacre and Kelly (all cheap, young, still improving (minus Wes)) and that's useable. Would need to get 1-2 of those cheap vets that come free, the Grangers, the Davis, Butlers, Jimmers, etc that become cheap and easy pick ups. Fill a couple of those correctly, and we'd be in the hunt, then it would depend on Exum and Lance reaching a ceiling we hope for, and Love flourishing with a more talented roster to really reach a next level.

Farmar's defensive numbers are pretty good. Not elite level, but can't ask for much better out of a backup.

Absolutely, but Exum at 6-6 is absurd for a PG, and could be a huge weapon. (IF he cares about defense at all)

Combo guard as well so you can definitely give

Exum start, Farmar gets his minutes, even give Marshall minutes to help jump start offense with Exum rolling to the 2 and taking a good amount of Kobe's backup minutes

Very plausible.

can Exum shoot?

That's the key.

Reports say eh, but he CAN improve, and we would obviously need him too. It might take him 2-3 years, but that's why we'd need him to be a gym rat, and learn from his idol hopefully.

Again tho, getting Bosh, Lance, Love in 2015 AND either Exum or Wiggins, is quite a lot of ifs.

Not to mention IF Kobe can come back, etc.

And IF Mitch and Buss aren't just selling tickets for Kobe's farewell tour, and not really worried about rebuilding within a 2 year stretch. They might be thinking to just patiently build while Kobe sells tickets, then REALLY try to rebuild after his contract clears and they pursue Durant.

That's the key.

Reports say eh, but he CAN improve, and we would obviously need him too. It might take him 2-3 years, but that's why we'd need him to be a gym rat, and learn from his idol hopefully.
what makes him better than lavine?

Ballhandling from what I've read. In my head, he's an upgraded Rubio, lesser Rondo. Again, WE haven't had a chance to look at his skills, I only know what I've seen/read from others who claim to have watched him.

LaVine could be Russ lite, or Rex Chapman, not sure. :lol:

Last edited:
how would the lakers fit kobe, bosh, and love (and maybe lance) into their salary cap? are you expecting bosh and love to both take paycuts?

Ballhandling from what I've read. In my head, he's an upgraded Rubio, lesser Rondo. Again, WE haven't had a chance to look at his skills, I only know what I've seen/read from others who claim to have watched him.

LaVine could be Russ lite, or Rex Chapman, not sure. :lol:
Yeah i dont know too much about him, so Exum is pass first?

i am a fan of LaVine's athleticism tho...well any athletic combo guards really :lol:

how would the lakers fit kobe, bosh, and love (and maybe lance) into their salary cap? are you expecting bosh and love to both take paycuts?
this also :nerd:

Last edited:
marshall-kobe-wiggins-love-bosh + new 4point line = not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, but 160 points per game

We're actually having a civil basketball discussion about our future without anyone throwing any shots at each other :wow:

Were actually quite the intelligent bunch of fans when were not going at each other (including myself.). :pimp:

*ahem* Let's keep it like this :nerd:

Lettuce be cereal, it's civil because me and CP are on the same page.
laugh.gif

And because ACB hardly ever posts anymore. 
smokin.gif

as much as I love Kobe, goddamn that contract is crippling.

He's worth it to the Lakers brand, but for basketball merely? Not eem worth more than 10 million.

If Kobe cared about another ring he would've taken a contract similar to Tim Duncan. I blame Vanessa :lol:. I may actually be the only Warriors fan that doesn't hate the Lakers :nerd:.

Well, pre 48 million I had an easy answer for ya. :lol:

Now, this is all probably pipe dream, which means I will get to yell and scream at Mitch pretty seriously when we are reduced to Kobe, Melo and of all things a PG via the draft meaning 3 guys that need the ball in their hands, and no one else on the roster worth a damn.

Yeah, it's gonna get loud at some point. :lol:

Lettuce be cereal, it's civil because me and CP are on the same page.:lol:

What are we, captains of the good vs evil fans? :lol:

You and I have been on the same side plenty of times, people was simply askin for information and we was all replyin. I didn't see any Ryan Kelly is the same as a lottery pick or any of that ******** I've read on here. Helps when that kind of ridiculousness isn't included in serious discussions.

its always worth a try to negotiate. the fact they offered him an amount that no one would refuse is what pisses most fans off

if youre selling a pair of shoes for 400, im not offering you 400 off the bat

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom