[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
i remember the pure anger on zodogg's twitter 
laugh.gif

[quote name="sea manup"]i remember being crazy hyped waking up to news of the CP3 trade

and having it taken away before my lunch break jennifer Lawrence woke up :stoneface: [/quote]Fixed.

(no need to be coy, bruh)

i remember being crazy hyped waking up to news of the CP3 trade

and having it taken away before my lunch break :stoneface:
I was (trying) study for a final I had that night, I was excited as I drove to school and a couple of minutes before I parked, "basketball reasons" started to come to light. Had to take my final mad as **** :smh:

spent half an hour trying to figure out what basketball reasons meant 

like.. "wait they can do that?"

^ Half hour? Dude, I still ain't figured it out. :\

Like, if all 3 teams agreed to everything... I mean... :\

This is a disgrace. I can barely watch this team anymore and it disgusts me.  If I'm not mistaken, I think this is the first year ever where there were actually a few games that DID NOT SELL OUT?  I think it goes to show people how terrible things have gone.  The 1-Year temp signing of players just shows this year is a tank year for LA.  As much boosting Kobe has said about himself and the team, there really is no direction.  They look like a sub .500 team.

I would like to see DANTONI go and BYNUM in, maybe Rambis at the helm.

Nah...were due..overdue, in fact.

Phi is in "purposeful" tank mode (not "inadvertent" tank mode)...2nd end of a back2back.

If we lose this...Even without pau...u can "can" pringles at the post gm presser.

What kind of contract do you guys think Love will fetch? The full max?

fwiw he and Kobe would account for ~$44 million. Not sure what the salary cap would be, but it's safe to assume around $62.1 mil (next Year's projection).

fwiw he and Kobe would account for ~$44 million. Not sure what the salary cap would be, but it's safe to assume around $62.1 mil (next Year's projection).

Depends on when he is a FA.

Years in league and raise Salary Cap stuff make some difference in how much he will get that first year if he goes FA in 2015 or 2016

Last edited:
That's what I figure too

The Lakers would need to assemble some pieces for any star to want to come, so in theory they have about $18 mil to spend on said pieces - including re-signing any holdovers like Hill, X or Farmar - plus their draft pick.

They will have more to spend in 2015 when Kobe's up, but that's not a great selling point to tell a star player in their prime

I will never forgive that Kobe extension.

I did a bunch of number scenarios (I have no life)

It is about $4mil too much each year to keep up from doing what we want in all honesty.

Cant deny that it Would have been nice if it was $15mil first year.

Last edited:

i dont mind paying love the max, get our supporting cast locked in this off season, sign love the next then sign our second superstar the year kobe expires

:lol: @ the progression I went through with this post:[quote name="Bravelude"]This is a disgrace. I can barely watch this team anymore and it disgusts me.  If I'm not mistaken, I think this is the first year ever where there were actually a few games that DID NOT SELL OUT?  I think it goes to show people how terrible things have gone.  The 1-Year temp signing of players just shows this year is a tank year for LA.  As much boosting Kobe has said about himself and the team, there really is no direction.  They look like a sub .500 team.[/quote]Totally w/ you. [quote name="Bravelude"]I would like to see DANTONI go[/quote]On the fence; 50/50. [quote name="Bravelude"]and BYNUM in[/quote]Wait, what? [quote name="Bravelude"] maybe Rambis at the helm.[/quote]Too far, man. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom