[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
And that is his fault.

From what I've seen:
- too focused on Pau
- top of 3-pt line too much
- dribbling too long sometimes

:lol:

Your list is on point but...

Chill. He ain't even a PG.

:lol:

Seriously though, if Kobe is going to play this role we are just going to have to live with these turnovers. He has great passing abilities but he's not an overall great passer like a traditional PG which is the position he is playing right now. That's because of questionable decision making and trying to thread passes that aren't there. I'll take it but it ain't always gonna be pretty.

Last edited:
Kobe/Shump/Wes/Melo/Hill.... P/Meeks/Farm/Sacre off the oak...

Get it done Mitch.... The Knicks know they wanna rebuild around JR Swish :rofl:

Last edited:
Im not gonna hold my breath on an inquiry. If any bench pieces r involved, imma be furious. Pau/bench piece....nah......

i would rather give the 2014 1st (mid first)..as long as the deal includes melo or chandler plus shump. Somebody fire up the trade machine.

Just read the espn article. Written by broussard. Moving along. Although the inquiry was prolly legit. But broussard prolly made what really is a mole hill into a mountain. Having said that, sure.....shump, come aboard...but only at a reasonable price.

No on Chandler... Just no...

I say that with all knowledge that Tyson is better than Pau.

Last edited:

tyson is overrated.

if we trade with the knicks we should give them kamaan for shump

I don't think Tyson is overrated...

I say No because we would still lack something???

A 2nd Superstar..

And since Chandler is $14mil next year as well, it would mean that we made a trade just to make one.

Last edited:
Salaries dont match straight up...iman-1.7M..kaveman-3.2M

would have to include other pieces. Somebody trade machine it up.

A 2nd Superstar..

And since Chandler is $14mil next year as well, it would mean that we made a trade just to make one.

Agreed 100% on chandlers injury history and contract status..

Thing is....is pau really playing like a 2nd superstar? What if it was a blockbuster including melo.....after all..chandler is what we all wanted that guy to be. Lol

A 2nd Superstar..

Agreed 100% on chandlers injury history and contract status..

Thing is....is pau really playing like a 2nd superstar? What if it was a blockbuster including melo.....after all..chandler is what we all wanted that guy to be. Lol

I'm not saying Pau is.. But we'll have Chandler next year as well with no second superstar... Next year will be a waste.. I'm fine if this one is, but next year.. Can't have it.

Maybe if the Knicks wanted to start completely from scratch :nerd: That would be favorable.

Last edited:

tyson is overrated.

A 2nd Superstar..

i dont mind the trade, kobe shump wes hill tyson is a very solid defensive starting 5 that also is full of energy guys who love to run

only problem is that replacing pau and meeks with shump and tyson in the starting lineup would put a lot more pressure on kobe to create offense 

the trade would be us giving the knicks our huge expiring (pau) in exchange for a promising young player (shump) and a 2014-2015 expiring (tyson). I dont mind this because with this we will still have enough money to resign the key bench guys (with shump we no longer need to sign both young and x) and a 3 best player on a championship team level player for example deng. then after next season tyson comes off and is a valuable trade asset and we can use that cap space to sign a real franchise player. 

^^true....but well have to see what mitch pulls off. I really feel a deal (not necessarily this deal) is imminent.

tyson is overrated.

A 2nd Superstar..

i dont mind the trade, kobe shump wes hill tyson is a very solid defensive starting 5 that also is full of energy guys who love to run

only problem is that replacing pau and meeks with shump and tyson in the starting lineup would put a lot more pressure on kobe to create offense 

the trade would be us giving the knicks our huge expiring (pau) in exchange for a promising young player (shump) and a 2014-2015 expiring (tyson). I dont mind this because with this we will still have enough money to resign the key bench guys (with shump we no longer need to sign both young and x) and a 3 best player on a championship team level player for example deng. then after next season tyson comes off and is a valuable trade asset and we can use that cap space to sign a real franchise player. 

That expiring means nothing to the Knicks.... Melo & Amar'e is still over $44mil in salary..

tyson is overrated.

A 2nd Superstar..

That expiring means nothing to the Knicks.... Melo & Amar'e is still over $44mil in salary..
well i really dont care about the knicks situation, im just assuming that pau for tyson/shump is the trade being discussed. I agree that it doesnt mean much to them so they are less likely to take it but if they do accept then it would be a decent trade for us 

Unless the Knicks blow it up completely... I'm a no on Chandler..

I stand firm on that position...

Last edited:
Wouldn't mind a Pau and Meeks/ X for Tyson and iman

That destroys any cap space for 2014? So what, only guy we coulda got was melo and we don't want him.

Tyson expires 2015.

When do K Love and Westbrook become available? 2015

I like it, alot.

Convince Deng to come here for MLE next summer,  go for a pg in the draft

run with 

draft pick

Kobe 

Deng

Hill

Tyson

Then reload in 2015 with westbrook and love.

nthat.gif

edit, didn't factor kobes huge contract.

not sure if this still works. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom