[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
I'd say the Raptors could be a good Third Team...

But it's all Steve Nash who screws everything up.... Damnit Nash.

If Nash was not brittle it could be.

Raptors get: Steve Nash, Jeff Green, Courtney Lee
Lakers get: Rajon Rondo, Kris Humphries
Celtics get: Rudy Gay, Pau Gasol, 2014 First...

But Nash screw it up.

Rondo would have to demand out. And if he does the deal Celtics get isn't bad. It also helps them get out of some contracts that will make it difficult to build with, and Rondo will leave in 2 years anyway if they hold onto the current roster.
Actually like this, could see it happening if Nash was like 70% of what he was.

It almost cancels out Lebron coming forsure cuz rondo and lebron hate each other, but its a solid trade for all parties involved imo. 

LOL @ nash being a wrench in everything..poor guy.

Humphries makes sense cuz of his salary. Kaman and hill at the 4/5 with wes/x/swaggy at the 3..rondo/kobe in the back court...plus the bench. Id do it. Kobe may love pau, but he loves the way rondo plays.

What it does for the Celtics is..

It takes them out of cap hell.. What I mean by that is.. Having $15mil in cap space, and nowhere near playoff contention.. So they go on a few year tank plan.. Where they get extremely high draft picks.. And then all of a sudden in a couple of year.. If they don't throw stupid money at people, and do what Mitch and Jimmy did, they'll have $40mil in cap space, and a couple potential franchise players they drafted.

Raptors

Ujiri hates Rudy's contract, and knows Raptors are just good enough for him to accept his option.. Raptors can split up Rudy's contract, For players who have some value. To try and re-trade for more assets. And if Steve was healthy it would sell out the arena every night.

Lakers
Would put the guy the Lakers need at PG ($12mil). If they can convince Kobe to sign for a reasonable amount ($10mil). And resign most of the bench guys for $20mil total (Farmar, Meeks, Hill, Wes, X, Swaggy).. Would still have enough to sign that 3rd star. And have a mid-1st Rounder. And the full - MLE to get the 5th starter.

Last edited:
That trade is actually befitting for all parties.

tumblr_lmk4ulpius1qk1byvo1_500.gif

What it does for the Celtics is..

It takes them out of cap hell.. What I mean by that is.. Having $15mil in cap space, and nowhere near playoff contention.. So they go on a few year tank plan.. Where they get extremely high draft picks.. And then all of a sudden in a couple of year.. If they don't throw stupid money at people, and do what Mitch and Jimmy did, they'll have $40mil in cap space, and a couple potential franchise players they drafted.

Raptors

Ujiri hates Rudy's contract, and knows Raptors are just good enough for him to accept his option.. Raptors can split up Rudy's contract, For players who have some value. To try and re-trade for more assets. And if Steve was healthy it would sell out the arena every night.

Lakers
Would put the guy the Lakers need at PG ($12mil). If they can convince Kobe to sign for cheap ($10mil). And resign most of the bench guys for $20mil total.. Would still have enough to sign that 3rd star. And have a mid-1st Rounder. And the full - MLE to get the 5th starter.

Exactly. I like the reload plan other than the rebuild plan....if nothing like that happens, bledsoe to an offer sheet???

MJ at 35 in 97-98 : 28 ppg at 38 mins/gm. I think kobe can still be effective when he returns.

U guys realize were missing 25+ppg rt??? And the closer/only guy who commands doubles....

Mj didn't play nearly as many minutes, and isn't coming off of a torn Achilles. Plus Mj retired for 2 years in between.

Kobes body is much older than 36

Theres merit to that. But ppl said that last yr.

I really believe in my heart hes gonna pick up where he left off. Maybe 85-90 percent explosion and his jumper will always be wet.

I like JCHill...hes that energy that this team needs. I would be as sad as Sessions leaving the Lakers, if Lakers traded Hill:smh:

Real tears will be shed.

I like JCHill...hes that energy that this team needs. I would be as sad as Sessions leaving the Lakers, if Lakers traded Hill:smh:

Real tears will be shed.

Sessions & Barnes would feast with this bench.

If we make the playoffs. It will be the bench because they play 180 different from the starters. It makes it very difficult to game plan, and stop. And switch your scheme back and forth throughout the game.

Last edited:
Right....u need kobe to stretch the roster though....and to drop 25/6/5 per night....which he will.

Although looking it.. If we were to try and trade for Rondo.. Secure our bench.. Resign Kobe for around $10mil...

Getting that Third Star will be tough.. You would want a big to be the third star, but that's slim pickings. If you wait until 2015, you'll be trying to get 30 year old Marc Gasol.

I know the course of action I would go including who I'd pick, and the player I'd go after in Free Agency for the 3/4 and the final piece of starting Center... But it would require hatchet burying for a title.

And after 2 years... Books will be clear enough to add a third star AGAIN.

Last edited:
Why worry about 30 year old Marc Gasol when you have a 38 year old Kobe?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'm sure the Celtics can't wait to trade us Rondo tho. Only Nash screws that plan up.......... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Says the guy who thinks we will get the #1 pick. Scouting Wiggins & Parker like there's a chance we'll get either.. Watching that game like a school girl watching the star qb. Thinking that even a top 5 pick automatically guarantees next year will be title city. The equation you are missing... Regardless of LA, or the big name in the draft.... No star wants to join a team to play with rookies regardless of their name... Maybe after a few years so they can gauge the guy. But that 3-4 years after this one will be fun wastes of season because as you said... If you can't win, it's a waste of a season.

If you read my post.... Rondo would have to demand a trade for any of that to happen...

Ainge and Kupchak are always business. Rivalry or not. If the writing is on the wall, and Rondo tells them the writing is on the wall.. They won't avoid a deal because they are the Lakers & Celtics.. They are not children.

And CP before you misconstrue my words saying getting the #1 pick is bad. That's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is you are oversimplifying the impact the tank would have.

Last edited:
First line of business would be canning pringles, of course.

Stretch provision Nash.
Reload using full MLE/2 key FAs...a mid 1st rnder and about 5 to 7 of the current roster.

If a deadline deal doesnt happen first, of course.

Yes, because I said a top 5 pick wins a title next year. That's what I said......... :smh:

Starting backcourt off an achilles and ACL, THAT wins a title. Especially combined with a frontcourt of Jordan Hill, Chris Kaman and Kris Kardashian.

Yup.

And that 2014 pick to Boston, comes from............? It ain't Toronto is it? It would be ours.

So rather than waiting 18 months to just try and sign Rondo, we'll away yet another draft pick, plus two expirings for a PG coming off ACL surgery. No need to gauge he can play again, we'll just do a deal now.

Yeaaahhhh........

Oh and yes, I've said #1 pick???? Not 5, 7, 8, 9? Not Randle, Exum, Smart, Gordon?????? All I've talked about is Wiggins and Randle eh?

Yeah....

there is no reason to get lamar unless mitch has already seen too many lakers Ws and wants to get the whole team drugged up

Back
Top Bottom