**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Some of these no calls against LeBron are insane

Why I don’t blame him at times for settling for the jumper… refs aren’t really rewarding him for being aggressive and teams get a free shot to knock you upside the head.

**** blatant man lol
they tryna get his old *** out the league :lol:

I mean since we're here...

Not a foul:
Screenshot_20231107_131537_Samsung Internet.jpg

IMG_5034.jpeg

Interesting statistic. Vando being out probably impacts the top lineup a ton. Because Prince isn’t Vando defensively.

But this does highlight the 3&D forward away. But needing that guy without sacrificing the Top 4 (not sure how much weight expiring contracts hold anymore because Free Agency isn’t what it used to be. I think Rui holds the most value of potential trade candidates).

If you can have Gabe, Vando, (other 3&D forward. Doesn’t have to be great, just good at each) and AD. You can mix and match a bunch of different lineups throughout the game that optimizes the offensive players and helps with weaknesses on defense.

Closing lineup should be: DLo/AR/ The Hot Hand on offense or Defense / LeBron / AD.

But throughout the game you can run a bunch of lineups. Teams really only need 8 deep. And the final two have to be able to not trip on their shoelaces for a combined 15-20 minutes.

Vando is def a flawed player, when the cons outweigh the pros then the Lakers are in trouble.

For me it pretty much comes down to having the most 2 way players on the floor… although there are exceptions I guess if you’re an elite offensive player like a Curry or how Dirk was in his prime.

Vando great defense, limited offense. AR/DLo are both pretty productive offensive players at times, but defensively they’re not great. AD has the elite defense, and while his offense can be great at times there’s a limit to what he can do because of his lack of range and dependence on teammates to get him the ball.

Wood can provide some 2 way production against certain opponents w/ bigger lineups or those with non shooting threats… I’m even thinking about a lineup of Austin or DLo, Prince, Vando, Lebron, AD against teams with several athletic wings like maybe Boston. There’s just a physical ceiling I think this team has with playing AR and DLo together against elite teams.

Gotta jump on these guys early, no reason we cant beat this team tonight.

I believe we have yet to win on the road as well....

Not that I am for it or against it, but the Lakers are a defensive team through and through unless a miracle offensive boost comes via trade and Reaves leveling up even more. With that said, the guards are not very good defensively. So why not double down and get one of the best defensive guards in the league.

The only issue with Caruso is woof at the guard rotation offensively if DLo or AR are going out for him. And if you ever need to rely on Gabe or Caruso to hold a brunt of the offensively load at any point of time (you will because they will both be 30 minute guys).

If you can get Caruso without any of the starting 5 then why not?

Back
Top Bottom