**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I asked what teams or players do you specifically need a 2 big lineup against and the response included names like Crowder, PJ Tucker, Wantanabe and TJ Warren.

😂
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Either you conveniently left out the FACTS, don't know how to read, OR decided to go with cheap sarcasm to mask your admitting the truth

I know you're more intelligent than that bro

Lemme remind you one mo 'gain big dog...
Screenshot_20230808_173015_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230808_173029_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230808_173035_Chrome.jpg

Crowder, PJ Tucker, Wantanabe and TJ Warren
You clearly don't watch the NBA cause you completely forgot about 7'0" twins Brook Lopez or Robin Lopez at Center flanking 6'11" Giannis at PF and 6'8" Crowder with Middleton and Holiday in an ultra big lineup. Lol

What about the "Little Big Man" (shoutout to the great Dustin Hoffman) Tucker getting help from THE MVP 7'1" Joel Embiid and 6'9" Tobias Harris to the tune of a 133-121 shellacking of your L.A. Lakers back in December when AD's 31 and 12 and Bron's 23 and 6 clearly were not enough. Lol. You wanna get swept in the Finals vs Philly just like Jokic did against AD the Center in the WCF? Thank God Pelinka don't think like you, Bigleemelone, noblekane, CP, Tupac003, and the rest of the non-believers 🤣🤣

Watanabe and Warren aren't all that spicy when their names are in a sentence by itself but how interesting the tides turn when you put the 6'10" Watanabe at SF, the 6'11" KD at PF, and 7'0" Ayton at C with Booker and Beal at guard. Imagine the pressure AD the Big Center (Lol) would face if he was the only big on the floor for the Lakers and had to deal with three 7 foot wing spans on thr floor at the same time with the second biggest player next to him being the 6'8" old man Bronny James SENIOR 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

You better than that big dog.

Last edited:
kerr not wrong, reaves really does fit any lineup lol

even though he got cold yesterday in the 2nd half, dude was constantly pushing the pace, moving the ball and playing solid defense

him and hali together were insane

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Either you conveniently left out the FACTS, don't know how to read, OR decided to go with cheap sarcasm to mask your admitting the truth

I know you're more intelligent than that bro

Lemme remind you one mo 'gain big dog...
Screenshot_20230808_173015_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230808_173029_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230808_173035_Chrome.jpg

You clearly don't watch the NBA cause you completely forgot about 7'0" twins Brook Lopez or Robin Lopez at Center flanking 6'11" Giannis at PF and 6'8" Crowder with Middleton and Holiday in an ultra big lineup. Lol

What about the "Little Big Man" (shoutout to the great Dustin Hoffman) Tucker getting help from THE MVP 7'1" Joel Embiid and 6'9" Tobias Harris to the tune of a 133-121 shellacking of your L.A. Lakers back in December when AD's 31 and 12 and Bron's 23 and 6 clearly were not enough. Lol. You wanna get swept in the Finals vs Philly just like Jokic did against AD the Center in the WCF? Thank God Pelinka don't think like you, Bigleemelone, noblekane, CP, Tupac003, and the rest of the non-believers 🤣🤣

Watanabe and Warren aren't all that spicy when their names are in a sentence by itself but how interesting the tides turn when you put the 6'10" Watanabe at SF, the 6'11" KD at PF, and 7'0" Ayton at C with Booker and Beal at guard. Imagine the pressure AD the Big Center (Lol) would face if he was the only big on the floor for the Lakers and had to deal with three 7 foot wing spans on thr floor at the same time with the second biggest player next to him being the 6'8" old man Bronny James SENIOR 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

You better than that big dog.
Your posts are amusing but way too many holes in your logic… for example that last part about the Suns. Do you really think Watanabe will be out on the floor in a game against the Lakers when it really matters the most?

Are you trying to tell me that Watan, KD, and Ayton are supposed to be physically imposing against a frontcourt of Bron, Rui and AD?

What pressure is going to be on AD when the Suns are taking all those midrange jumpers? Because they’re like one of the highest frequency of jump shots in the league.

Or the Philly part… is losing by 8 really a shellacking? Who uses that word anyway 😂 Are we really counting games in the Westbrook era? The game where LA made a comeback and AD choked the game winning FT’s? The same game where the Lakers 9 man rotation included 5 players 6’5 and under? 😂

IMG_1552.jpeg

Yeah let’s blame that one on AD not being physical enough at the 5 yet he and Embiid ended up with pretty similar numbers. The difference in that game was the talent in the backcourt, let’s be serious here.

During the championship season AD was named All NBA 1st team center

IMG_1554.jpeg

He was also surrounded by wings and capable backup centers who could occasionally play next to him. The last few seasons the Lakers haven’t had any wings, and no capable big men and somehow now AD isn’t a capable center anymore…

🤔

This AD position thing isn’t even high on my list of concerns… it’s been the wings, guards and then bigs probably in that order that I’ve been more worried about the last few seasons.

When does the All-NBA team ever play in the playoffs and NBA Finals? 🤔

And even if it were a reality that the 2020 All-NBA team was an actual NBA team competing in the playoffs, guess what that frontcourt would look like lol

6'10" AD and 6'11' Giannis, each of em with damn near 10 foot wing spans lol with the 6'8" Bronny James SENIOR at Small forward. Anyone who thinks that lineup wouldn't be imposing and dominant in the paint and on the glass at both ends is smoking that goodie good good
😂

For the millionth time, AD ain't winning a championship with him starting at center and playing center 90% of each game like he did last season.

The team is now ripe with wings and guards, even more so than the team that made it to the WCF.

Since wings and guards are a dime a dozen, the Lakers pounced on Prince, Reddish, and Vincent on the cheap with the quickness. The Hayes signing was a no-brainer for $2.3 mil a season, and I'm hearing Lakers have had their eye on him on the low since 2021-22 season.

I'm not surprised the Lakers are taking their time signing a backup to Jaxson Hayes. Because capable big men to play next to AD was always the Lakers biggest' need and missing piece to a title.

The fact that Gasol, Drummond, Jordan, Harrell, DJones, and TBryant all didn't work out goes to show that Pelinka always wanted to go 2-Big lineups. But since the aforementioned bigs couldn't replicate the impact of the Dwight-Javale 2-headed monster, the only choice LA had was to play AD at the 5 because they were forced to.

All that changes next season cause Action Jaxson now gives the Lakers the dimension they've been lacking since the 2020 and 2021 seasons. And whichever Big they sign next will only add to their overall versatility, size, and firepower.

Last edited:
List of possible reasons for the Lakers not winning a title next season, or beyond…

Lebron is old.
AD can’t shoot.
Lebron cant shoot
Lebron and AD can’t stay healthy
Vando can’t shoot
DLo can’t defend, and could forget how to shoot.
Rui doesn’t like to rebound and can’t defend well enough to play the 3.
Honorable mention: AD at center

I mean.....
These Lakers fans live among us and know exactly what the deal is and it ain't Damian "Mr. 10-Day" Jones lmao :lol:
Screenshot_20230808_122955_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20230808_123011_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20230808_123021_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20230808_123033_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20230808_123047_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20230808_123101_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20230808_123115_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20230808_123134_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20230808_123151_YouTube.jpg
I'm telling y'all....ACTION JAXSON

Bigleemelone, noblekane, and their NT homies can thank me later for puttin em up on game.
Now go to a Pelicans message board and see what they think about him

Your posts are amusing but way too many holes in your logic… for example that last part about the Suns. Do you really think Watanabe will be out on the floor in a game against the Lakers when it really matters the most?

Are you trying to tell me that Watan, KD, and Ayton are supposed to be physically imposing against a frontcourt of Bron, Rui and AD?

What pressure is going to be on AD when the Suns are taking all those midrange jumpers? Because they’re like one of the highest frequency of jump shots in the league.

Or the Philly part… is losing by 8 really a shellacking? Who uses that word anyway 😂 Are we really counting games in the Westbrook era? The game where LA made a comeback and AD choked the game winning FT’s? The same game where the Lakers 9 man rotation included 5 players 6’5 and under? 😂

IMG_1552.jpeg

Yeah let’s blame that one on AD not being physical enough at the 5 yet he and Embiid ended up with pretty similar numbers. The difference in that game was the talent in the backcourt, let’s be serious here.
Speaking of all kinds of holes.....

Let's break it down
Do you really think Watanabe will be out on the floor in a game against the Lakers when it really matters the most? Have you ever seen Watanabe play on a team with KD, Beal, Booker, and Ayton? How you know he ain't gonna thrive while being surrounded by multiple All-Stars? You remember how terribly mediocre Trevor Ariza was until he joined Kobe, Pau, and Lamar? I'll say the same about TJ Warren. Point is, Watanabe and Warren are instantly better players when they're on a lineup surrounded by All-Stars just like Kendrick Perkins was when he played next to KG, Pierce, Allen,and Rondo. If Watanabe or Warren can be a star in their roles, PHX becomes even more formidable.

Are you trying to tell me that Watan, KD, and Ayton are supposed to be physically imposing against a frontcourt of Bron, Rui and AD? You once again conveniently left out Booker and Beal playing alongside Watanabe, Ayton, and KD. This isn't Ice Cube's Big3 league lol, this the NBA where they play 5 on 5. If Bron, Rui, and AD gotta worry about DLo not holding his own on D, and Christie or Vincent not being ready to guard an All-World 2-guard, then guess what....life becomes much easier inside and outside the paint for Ayton, KD, and Watanabe cause AD and Bron gotta worry bout helping the Lakers' guards while leaving Rui out on an island with either Ayton or KD lol.

Remember what happened vs DEN in the WCF? Don't believe for one minute that PHX wasn't paying close attention to how the Lakers got Shellacked lol.

What pressure is going to be on AD when the Suns are taking all those midrange jumpers? See last comment above. Additionally, if AD is forced to step out of the paint to help defend the perimeter cause of DLo's inadequacies defensively, or if AD is forced out of the paint while having to guard KD on the perimeter, and if the Lakers have no other big on the floor, guess who is wide tf open in the paint with nobody there to stop him? That's right - Ayton. Bron or Rui ain't doing nothing defensively on Ayton when he 3-6 feet from the rim, trust.

Or the Philly part… is losing by 8 really a shellacking? Who uses that word anyway 😂 Are we really counting games in the Westbrook era? The game where LA made a comeback and AD choked the game winning FT’s? The same game where the Lakers 9 man rotation included 5 players 6’5 and under?

133-122 is not losing by 8 🤣
The rest of your questions are now invalid😂😂

The difference in that game was the talent in the backcourt, let’s be serious here
Reaves, Westbrook, and Lonnie combined for 52-16-16 while Melton and Harden combined for 61-14-8. Hardly a difference in both teams' backcourts. Did I read the box score correctly and was my math right on that one? Lol. Nice try big dog.

I can go all night. Keep em coming lol

Last edited:

The promised Kobe Bryant statue outside LA's Crypto.com Arena will incorporate his daughter Gigi and – in a nod to his jersey numbers, 8 and 24 – will be unveiled by the Lakers on August 8, 2024, an inside source has told DailyMail.com.

Lakers owner Jeanie Buss previously revealed plans to erect a statue for Bryant after he, his 13-year-old daughter, Gigi, six friends and a pilot died in a helicopter crash in January of 2020.

The source tells DailyMail.com that Bryant's widow, Vanessa, is involved with the plans, but cautioned that an artist for the piece has not yet been chosen.

List of possible reasons for the Lakers not winning a title next season, or beyond…

Lebron is old.
AD can’t shoot.
Lebron cant shoot
Lebron and AD can’t stay healthy
Vando can’t shoot
DLo can’t defend, and could forget how to shoot.
Rui doesn’t like to rebound and can’t defend well enough to play the 3.
Honorable mention: AD at center
AR goes hollywood
Jaxon Hayes outplays his deal and gets traded for 2nd round picks
pelinka fumbled the draft
Darvin goes deeper into his packets

I try to steer away from "sure things" in the draft, but Josh was such a sure thing in my mind in 2017.

Back
Top Bottom