**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Let's get AD some Centers pls.

Hayes, Castleton are not enough...

Gotta add at least 2 more centers because...

Screenshot_20230518_085716_Google.jpg

....still ain't outta business.

Two things.

Want a center for the times that AD won’t be available more than to play next to him.

Because of the versatility of guys in this roster, just about every other position is full of depth. Center is the only place it really makes sense to add another player, and even then we’re talking 3rd stringers.

Two things.

Want a center for the times that AD won’t be available more than to play next to him.

Because of the versatility of guys in this roster, just about every other position is full of depth. Center is the only place it really makes sense to add another player, and even then we’re talking 3rd stringers.
AD going back to the 4 soon as Lakers pick up another center or two.

But we didn’t ask much for him though. We just have to ask less now that’s he’s 3 years older. He’s wiser.
The 5 is the anchor of the defense. It's a lot. It's like saying you don't ask much from a goalie. Maybe he can still handle it but I'm guessing not and he'd still get benched in the playoffs. Javale was one of the most athletic 5s ever, not just anybody can do what he was doing. Hayes is just as athletic and can't play center at all

Don't really matter to me where AD plays, the "debate" has been beaten to death and some. The guy is versatile enough to play both spots... what's more important to me is how it impacts the other guys on the roster.

What does the frontcourt depth chart look if the Lakers added Javale and made him a starter? My guess is something like this...and yeah you can Vando or Rui SF's if you want but the premise remains the same.

SF: Lebron/Prince/Reddish/Rui
PF: Davis/Vando/Rui/Lebron
C: McGee/Hayes/AD

1. Do you want AD playing most of his minutes at the 4?
Because if so, either Vando or Rui gets squeezed
2. If you have AD at the 4, and he plays most of his minutes there are you comfortable in giving around 30 minutes a night to the combination of Javale and Jaxson Hayes? God bless if so (even if just the regular season)
3. When Austin/DLo have the ball in this starting lineup, what is Lebron doing? AD doesn't like playing center, so make him a PF again...but Lebron has been saying for a while he wants playmakers around him so he doesn't have to be that guy.
4. Why should a WCF team fundamentally change the way they play all because 1 guy doesn't like something, but has been willing to do more of it the past few seasons for the betterment of the team?

35 year old with asthma.

lol

in the 2020 nba finals he didnt play one game.

in the 2020 western conference finals against the nuggets javalee mcgee averaged 8 minutes and had more fouls than points 🤣

35 year old with asthma.

lol

in the 2020 nba finals he didnt play one game.

in the 2020 western conference finals against the nuggets javalee mcgee averaged 8 minutes and had more fouls than points 🤣

I shouted this for weeks when Bro got super weird about bigs. Suddenly I had multiple folks tellin me about how great he was in GSW and what beautiful Olympic screens he set & ****.

The guy got a ring playin as many minutes as Avery Bradley. :lol:

Vando’s probably getting his minutes crunched based off the offseason signings alone. I don’t see him playing at all if AD is cutting into the available forward minutes

Vando’s probably getting his minutes crunched based off the offseason signings alone. I don’t see him playing at all if AD is cutting into the available forward minutes

He’ll get some burn if he can develop a sideline 3 and not be completely useless on offense. If not, he may be a trade piece despite his good defense.

Vando probably will get his minutes squeezed, but he can play several positions: C, PF, SF, when AD gets injured or Bron rests he’ll get a lot of run. His offensive limitations can be taken advantage of in the playoffs, but in regular season teams don’t game-plan like that every night. If lakers experiment with the double big lineup, there’s no one else to play backup C currently

Reddish is a wild card, he might not crack the rotation, Need to see if he fits.

We will sign Dwight in Feb
dwight will be 38 by then

if you remember his last season in the nba he wasnt moving as well as he did in seasons past. he looked pretty mediocre when vogel played him.

the lakers wwre the only team willing to give him a chance and i dont think hes coming back after the ad incident

Last edited:

If you’re bored like I am you can use this to mess around with lineups and potential minute distributions. Here’s a completed one that was posted
IMG_1345.png

So tell me who’s too low, high or just about right? Cause DLo at 24 min looks pretty low, I’m guessing that some of his playing time was cut here to make room for Christie. If you want the team to add another center you have to subtract minutes from a forward (Rui, TP or Vando) since you still want to keep AD’s mpg around the same.

None of this is exact since it doesn’t take age, injuries, slumps, etc into effect but you can at least how difficult it is going to be to find time for everyone next season.

Back
Top Bottom