**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Capable defenders might be able to do that, traffic cones offer no resistance and the offensive player can go wherever they please 😂
I mean its not rocket science man, just don't give up the 3 and force them to go baseline or down the lane.....anyone can do that, even a cone

exactly why 2 rim protectors would be ideal

If you had super competent lock down defenders, you would'nt need to rely on your bigs as much....

we are making the same argument.....weaker perimeter defenders benefit from 2 rim protectors on the floor.

Yeah having flexibility on offensive with different lineups is also another weapon that would benefit us

Gab Vincent SOLID on ball defender....he's serviceable but limited at 6'2

love his motor though

Talking playoffs before the season has even started lol

D’lo is an excellent 82 game player.

Go to one wcf in last 13 years outisde the bubble season and fans getting cocky

I mean its not rocket science man, just don't give up the 3 and force them to go baseline or down the lane.....anyone can do that, even a cone
I hear you, but I don’t think DLo can force guys to go anywhere. Plus, since he offers no resistance that’s just increases the number of plays at the time and the odds that your big man will end up in foul trouble.

Austin isn’t stopping anyone, but at least he competes defensively and kinda make you work a bit. I don’t believe DLo even comes close to that.

exactly why 2 rim protectors would be ideal

If you had super competent lock down defenders, you would'nt need to rely on your bigs as much....

we are making the same argument.....weaker perimeter defenders benefit from 2 rim protectors on the floor.
There's only 1 rim protector on the roster

DLo is one of the more clutch players in basketball.
And has been for years.
Whether DLo starts or is the super 6th man getting 30 minutes. He should be closing.

But on the other point. DLo is the better fit with every player offensively. AR. Bron. Vando. AD. DLo is the better fit.

If you want to know what it would look like if a bad nba team played a college basketball team: turn on espn

God bless you all for still watching summer league.

Don’t think there’s anything else to learn from these games

I wonder if the lakers put a defender in front of JHS during his workouts and asked him to take said player to the rim.

He can’t get buy a guy even on a mismatch. Yikes

Usually not a big stand of Chris Vernon but I like when he compared max Christie to KCP. I never thought about it before but I could see it. Defensive minded, 3-and-D guy.

DLo is one of the more clutch players in basketball.
And has been for years.
Whether DLo starts or is the super 6th man getting 30 minutes. He should be closing.

But on the other point. DLo is the better fit with every player offensively. AR. Bron. Vando. AD. DLo is the better fit.

You make a lot of great points. Also, one of my concerns with benching D'lo is that he seems like the type of player who will check out mentally.

I think that is a solid point too. But he isn’t the only guy who is like that. Fortunately or unfortunately the NBA is filled with that sentiment.
And it isn’t like it would be you benched him for Kyrie. Where I think he’d get it. You’d be benching him for Gabe Vincent. Or did for Dennis Schroder.
Even if you like the matchup, there’s ways around it without bringing much attention to it.

Back
Top Bottom