**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I don't think you can start a traditional, beefy center next to AD and Bron. It just constricts the team offense and slows the defense (and the defense is slow already as evident by the transition defense all season).

I don't think you can start a traditional, beefy center next to AD and Bron. It just constricts the team offense and slows the defense (and the defense is slow already as evident by the transition defense all season).

The perfect center is Brook Lopez. He can rebound and shoot 3's.

But I'm sure the bucks are gonna pay him.

Wish list for 2023-24

1. Re-sign AR, Rui, & maybe keep Vando
2. Max Christie second year leap
3. S&T a combo of picks, Lonnie, Beasley, Vando, & Bamba for a Jerami Grant or legitimate C
4. Explore trade options with D Lo. I love the kid, but idk if he can handle another playoff run in LA :lol:
5. Develop some young bigs for Brosizzlew30.23 Brosizzlew30.23
Why maybe keep Vando?

The perfect center is Brook Lopez. He can rebound and shoot 3's.

But I'm sure the bucks are gonna pay him.
I was not impressed with his showing before the ankle injury, but it would've been nice to see Mo Bamba get run in these playoffs. Probably not next to AD, but definitely would've had use next to Bron and Rui. His ability to hit the above the break threes would've been huge.

Wish list for 2023-24

1. Re-sign AR, Rui, & maybe keep Vando
2. Max Christie second year leap
3. S&T a combo of picks, Lonnie, Beasley, Vando, & Bamba for a Jerami Grant or legitimate C
4. Explore trade options with D Lo. I love the kid, but idk if he can handle another playoff run in LA :lol:
5. Develop some young bigs for Brosizzlew30.23 Brosizzlew30.23
Who's a legitimate C worth trading for minus Myles?

Who's a legitimate C worth trading for minus Myles?
Clint Capela and Jonas Valanciunas are traditional centers that I think would be available, but they are neither perfect fits nor would I think be happy being overqualified backups to AD.

Hmm we can do some things.

I don't know about renouncing Beasley though. I'm sure we could flip his contract and the pick if we want.

Don't think they can realistically use the NTPMLE and BAE while keeping D'Lo, Beasley, Bamba (or whoever they trade for them) with Bron, AD, Reaves and Rui.

Probably gonna use the TMLE which is at like $7M.

Clint Capela and Jonas Valanciunas are traditional centers that I think would be available, but they are neither perfect fits nor would I think be happy being overqualified backups to AD.
I like Valanciunas. Traditional but can step out and shoot a 3 here and there. I feel like we would give up too much for him though.

on the bright side it was good for the environment and carbon emissions not to fly back to Denver then back to LA for exit interviews.

Wish list:
re-sign AR, Rui (in that order)
Max Christie playing summer league and G-league (if he ain't getting any run, he needs reps)

"Affordable" free agents:
Bigs: Naz Reid
Wing: Jalen Mcdaniels, Struss, Grant Williams (RFA)

Had glut of guards this year which worked great vs GSW but got exposed vs Denver.

Biggest needs are probably:

Reliable backup big
Two way forward (sorry Vando)
Athletic, big guard (this might be Christie?)
-Willing to give Bamba a chance, but only at a lower salary. The class of free agent centers is rather bleak so work out a deal with Bamba.
-Vando needs to work on shooting corner threes, catching the ball and finishing. Otherwise he will be played off the floor again like Tony Allen or Andre Roberson.
-Need a leap from Christie. Probably need to target a veteran big guard in free agency anyways (bye Dennis?).

Back
Top Bottom