**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Phx is the only one I have a problem with. All others, especially if we lose the pick are better.

Jokic is enough for Denver btw and they are winning so I give them the edge.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ures-of-every-projected-2017-nba-lottery-team

Here's what they said about Phx:

Hope

I guess you could keep the comparison basic and say the Suns have an edge on the Lakers because they have a guy who can score 70 points in a game, but that's probably an oversimplification.

Still, Devin Booker is the most promising youngster in the Pacific Division. So that helps the Suns climb higher than a Lakers team with more assets but fewer sure things. Even if Phoenix spends too much time inflating Booker's stats, and even if Earl Watson has done nothing to indicate he's a better-than-average head coach, there's a lot to like about this franchise's future.

Booker's not alone, for one thing. Marquese Chriss, Dragan Bender and an upcoming lottery pick bolster the youth contingent. With Eric Bledsoe on an eminently tradable contract, Tyson Chandler and Jared Dudley affordably providing leadership, and pretty good track record attracting free agents, the Suns can bank on organic growth, trade their way to progress or sign outsiders.

It's up to them.

Despair

The downside is substantial here.

It's hard to downplay Booker's prospects, but Chriss and Bender are major unknowns who have yet to prove anything in games that matter. Brandon Knight is out of the rotation but has another three years left on his deal, and Phoenix hasn't made the best personnel decisions in recent seasons.

This is a team that had let Isaiah Thomas get away after signing him to a fantastic deal. And let's not forget the bold move of adding Chandler as a long-shot lure for LaMarcus Aldridge—one that didn't pan out.

Nothing's certain, but having Booker, a potential star on a rookie deal, makes the upside easy to see.

Tryna see if I have this right.....

Booker, age 20, PER of 14
Chiss, age 19, PER of 12
Bender, age 19, PER of 5.7
Future Lotto pick upcoming to bolster

Is better than

DLo, age 21, PER of 16
Randle, age 22, PER of 16
Ingram, age 19, PER of 8
Zubac, age 19, PER of 17

Am I reading this correctly?

Oh, and I guess I forgot this part...

and pretty good track record attracting free agents

They do? The Suns have a good track record attracting free agents?

CP3 lite, Greek Freak with a jumper, More athletic Blake Griffin, T-Mac lite > PHX

So you're saying he's one of the worst rookies of all time, statistically? Wow.

Reading comprehension & interpretation my man....
I am not saying anything :lol: BI is my fave Laker
But yes, statistically he is having a historically bad rookie season. Especially the consistent high minutes he has had this season.
Noooow theres a lot that goes into that (age, physical makeup, position, team build, etc.)

And he is also a totally different player after the break than before, so theres really no reason to worry.

"Next season, Los Angeles is hosting the NBA All Star Game at Staples Center and I’m concerned that we won’t have an All Star on the team. And that would break my heart.”"

Dear God please no. Mitch did not die for this

Zubac high ankle sprain, X-rays negative, will not return tonight.

It's funny how Nick young wasn't officially shut down, he just got 'sick' one day and never found his way back in the lineup

Tryna see if I have this right.....

Booker, age 20, PER of 14
Chiss, age 19, PER of 12
Bender, age 19, PER of 5.7

Is better than

DLo, age 21, PER of 16
Randle, age 22, PER of 16
Ingram, age 19, PER of 8
Zubac, age 19, PER of 17

Am I reading this correctly?

Oh, and I guess I forgot this part...

and pretty good track record attracting free agents

They do? The Suns have a good track record attracting free agents?

It's quite nonsensical honestly...

Lakers despair was their exceptionalism... Nothing specifically about the player :rofl: It was basically, Magic may have a quick trigger on the young guys.

But the reason why they rank the Suns higher is because a guy is good at scoring. Legitimately not another reason why. Just that a guy is a good scorer. Their definition of Superstar, and most people's definition of Superstar is someone who scores... Completely ignoring how bad they may be at almost every other aspect of production..

We can have legitimate debate on Saric long term over Randle, but you're not about to throw Dragan Bender, Marquese Chriss & Alex Len over Randle, Nance Jr. & Zubac... That's just nonsense

and pretty good track record attracting free agents, the Suns can bank on organic growth, trade their way to progress or sign outsiders.

The downside is substantial here.

It's hard to downplay Booker's prospects, but Chriss and Bender are major unknowns who have yet to prove anything in games that matter. Brandon Knight is out of the rotation but has another three years left on his deal, and Phoenix hasn't made the best personnel decisions in recent seasons.

This is a team that had let Isaiah Thomas get away after signing him to a fantastic deal. And let's not forget the bold move of adding Chandler as a long-shot lure for LaMarcus Aldridge—one that didn't pan out.

Track record of Free Agents :lol: It's Tyson Chandler, Brandon Knight (Bird Rights Almost Max Contract), Eric Bledsoe (who they almost lost by posturing and offered him a max anyway) & PJ Tucker.

Then they traded Isaiah Thomas & Goran Dragic + A potential # 4 or # 5 pick from us for Brandon Knight (who they don't even want) & a 2018 1st from the Heat.... The Celtics 1st that they got, they used with the 13th pick to get Chriss.

I also have some objections to Nuggets & Sixers.... Sixers more so because of their unknown status with Embiid.... If Embiid can't last a full season, then everything else for them is moot. Embiid alone if healthy would put them behind the TWolves, but if he can't go, they fall back no matter what picks come to them....

And the Nuggets, the Nurkic trade was a disaster... Mudiay is ridiculous bad with less value than a Top 20 protected trade... But the real question is how they handle Gallo as a FA this upcoming offseason, and Chandler in 2018... If they retain them for what they'll cost, it may cap them. They probably should have moved Gallo before he hit FA. And taken a look at Chandler trades.

Not even to say we're perfect because Deng & Moz's deals have some hindrances.. I'm fine with Lakers being 4th (Suns ahead is nonsense), but if they are 4th, Nuggets & Sixers are not far ahead at all.

Last edited:
Melo was a top 10 player at one point and all he did was score. Y'all act like being an elite scorer is a detriment. At least Book is elite at something.

Melo was a top 10 player at one point and all he did was score. Y'all act like being an elite scorer is a detriment. At least Book is elite at something.

You happen to notice how Melo's career has gone?

If he's your standard you wish to measure Booker against.....

You happen to notice how Melo's career has gone?

If he's your standard you wish to measure Booker against.....

Melo's going to the hall of fame on the 1st ballot. His lack of success team wise is due to his own stupidity decision making, not his lack of ability.

And I wasn't saying that is who he's going to end up being, but he already has it all offensively at age 20. And the frame and athleticism to round out the rest of his game. I'm expecting big things obviously, wouldn't be surprised if he's an All Star within the next 2 years.

Last edited:
And I wasn't saying that is who he's going to end up being, but he already has it all offensively at age 20. And the frame and athleticism to round out the rest of his game. I'm expecting big things obviously, wouldn't be surprised if he's an All Star within the next 2 years.

Eh. Iono.

They gonna build around just his talent to score? Guys to feed him and defend around him?

I don't see him playin well without looks/touches, so whoever they draft, if that kid needs the ball....

He doesn't do much else. That's a problem, goin forward. How you gonna build around him, Philly/AI style?

Iono...We'll see I guess.

They get Josh Jackson to go next to him, along with Chriss that's a formidable long athletic team and depending on what Bender does could have that stretch 4/5.

And it's a misnomer that he's only an iso scorer. Kid moves off the ball really well as well.

Wiggins doesn't do much else either but you called him a great. And he's 3 years older.

[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] TJ Warren throwing the game

Last edited:
Wiggins was pretty solid on D early, kinda looser about it now. But he has more skill at it than Booker does.

And he would board more without KAT around.

And "elite" scorer, with one game over 40 points in 2 years? Elite? Kinda livin off just the one game, no?

You Suns fan now dawg? What's going on

Back
Top Bottom