**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Really starting to put it together...

Showing he can get to the hoop when needed, or when they try to sit back, and make them pay with a pocket pass when they blitz the P&R.

Defensive effort has improved.

He's still a product of the players around him though, and certain things will only look as good as those around him. When our young guys improve, he will reap the benefits

Trade him now for a top 5 pick, he's hit his ceiling.

Puke should've been letting Randle let it fly when things were going downhill in January.

That's what you got out of that? It was more about balancing those dark and light forces that we all have inside of us and channeling it to your advantage.

I thought the puppet thing was a bit much, but the basketball breakdown of Russ and James was well done and I can see how it would be easily digestible for a young fan of the game.

This is what I got. I also got that having negative feelings/thoughts aren't nessarily a bad thing. It's really how you use it.

One thing I'll say is that I like the way this core is finishing the season for the most part. Last year I was disappointed because they really kinda just mailed it in the last dozen or so games. Not the case this year

Y'all see that bleacher report article ranking the futures of the youngest teams ?

Min, Den, Phi, Phx all ranked ahead of us smh

Phx is the only one I have a problem with. All others, especially if we lose the pick are better.

Jokic is enough for Denver btw and they are winning so I give them the edge.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ures-of-every-projected-2017-nba-lottery-team

Here's what they said about Phx:

Hope

I guess you could keep the comparison basic and say the Suns have an edge on the Lakers because they have a guy who can score 70 points in a game, but that's probably an oversimplification.

Still, Devin Booker is the most promising youngster in the Pacific Division. So that helps the Suns climb higher than a Lakers team with more assets but fewer sure things. Even if Phoenix spends too much time inflating Booker's stats, and even if Earl Watson has done nothing to indicate he's a better-than-average head coach, there's a lot to like about this franchise's future.

Booker's not alone, for one thing. Marquese Chriss, Dragan Bender and an upcoming lottery pick bolster the youth contingent. With Eric Bledsoe on an eminently tradable contract, Tyson Chandler and Jared Dudley affordably providing leadership, and pretty good track record attracting free agents, the Suns can bank on organic growth, trade their way to progress or sign outsiders.

It's up to them.

Despair

The downside is substantial here.

It's hard to downplay Booker's prospects, but Chriss and Bender are major unknowns who have yet to prove anything in games that matter. Brandon Knight is out of the rotation but has another three years left on his deal, and Phoenix hasn't made the best personnel decisions in recent seasons.

This is a team that had let Isaiah Thomas get away after signing him to a fantastic deal. And let's not forget the bold move of adding Chandler as a long-shot lure for LaMarcus Aldridge—one that didn't pan out.

Nothing's certain, but having Booker, a potential star on a rookie deal, makes the upside easy to see.

We have 2 potential stars in D'lo and Ingram to counter Booker.... a couple of, if nothing more, solid rotational players in Clarkson, Zubac and Randle.

Looking at the remaining schedule
We might muck around and win 4-5 more games
We play both the Spurs and dubs, they could very well choose to rest their stars
Only for sure losses are against the clippers and Memphis
Minny x 2, Sac, NO,

Smh

We have 2 potential stars in D'lo and Ingram to counter Booker.... a couple of, if nothing more, solid rotational players in Clarkson, Zubac and Randle.

You can't really say Ingram when he has had 1 of the worst statistical seasons for a rookie in history. Thats prob why they dont consider him.

Looking at the remaining schedule
We might muck around and win 4-5 more games
We play both the Spurs and dubs, they could very well choose to rest their stars
Only for sure losses are against the clippers and Memphis
Minny x 2, Sac, NO,

Smh

2018 :pimp:

You can't really say Ingram when he has had 1 of the worst statistical seasons for a rookie in history. Thats prob why they dont consider him.

I mean if embiid is in the Roy convo for 31 games, why can't we just throw out Ingram's first 2 months..

Back
Top Bottom