**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

35 wins isn't an unreasonable expectation for next year if these guys have actually improved. Most in here were expecting 30 just due to the subtraction of Byron and Kobe. But looks like those two only cost us 6 wins last year I guess from the looks of it.

Last edited:
So how come after a couple games you already know Nwaba will be a better player than JC. Yet after 1.5 years, I can't say anything bad about Dlo's game because I have to wait until he's 25? cognitive dissonance is a helluva drug

That's cute. Jc turning 25 this year tho and is who he is at this point. 3 years in the pros after 3 years in college is enough time to know what a player is lol. Nwaba with NBA shooting coaches still has potential tho. Not that hard dude.

That's cute. Jc turning 25 this year tho and is who he is at this point. 3 years in the pros after 3 years in college is enough time to know what a player is lol. Nwaba with NBA shooting coaches still has potential tho. Not that hard dude.

Nwaba is 24 though and 7 years younger than JC and just breaking in the league.

Last edited:

Your comment was about Nwaba. You already know what he will be if he just shoots better. Now you're tyring to say it was about JC, so now you know JC will no longer improve and so you're conclusion is that a player you saw for 3 games will be better than JC if he shoots better. sounds like a lot of assumptions. But me saying Dlo won't be great because he's slow and unathletic......BLASPHEMY!!

don't get mad cuz I call you out on your inconsistency.

Last edited:
When did i say anything concrete lol. I said if he improves his shooting and can space the floor, he'd be a more valuable player than JC. Did I say he was gunna do it? No.

Ur talking about JC who had a year at UM & access to NBA coaches/trainers/etc for 3 years vs a guy who went to cal poly and just got access to NBA level trainers/coaches.

And in 3 games I can already tell that Nwaba is a much better defender than JC will ever be. That's why i said he can be better than JC if he learns to shoot. It's not like JC is klay ******* Thompson from the 3 line. Don't think it would take that much improvement for Nwaba to pass JC.

Last edited:
Understood, I think Nwaba has potential as a defender, but let's see if he gets a second 10-day contract first lol

Possible clarity on the nixed Cousins trade:

"So from that report it sounds like it wasn’t for a long window, but if the report is true, the Lakers involved two of the trio of D’Angelo Russell, Julius Randle and Brandon Ingram in their talks for Cousins. Given the numerous reports that Ingram was off the table, it seems fair to at least speculate (key word here, I am NOT reporting anything, janky NBA fake trade rumors websites) that the offer may have included Russell and Randle."

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/...-dangelo-russell-julius-randle-brandon-ingram

So pretty much it was the exact same deal we'd been trying to do since before the 2015 draft.

Last edited:
Everything from the Kings leaks has been Vlade went to the Suns for Booker, Lakers for Ingram and Pelicans for Hield.

So maybe the Lakers did counter offer with Randle, Russell and Lou (or a first round pick from a Lou trade). Who knows.

Last edited:
Everything from the Kings leaks has been Vlade went to the Suns for Booker, Lakers for Ingram and Pelicans for Hield.

So maybe the Lakers did counter offer with Randle, Russell and Lou (or a first round pick from a Lou trade). Who knows.

Seems legit. I wonder if that was the better offer Vlade was speaking of given the timeline of the Momo story.

Seems legit. I wonder if that was the better offer Vlade was speaking of given the timeline of the Momo story.
Nah, the better offer was Buddy, cap filler and two first round picks. Once Boogie's agent heard the trade rumors, he said Boogie wouldn't promise re-signing to kill to trade, so the Pelicans took back one pick.

100 section just off center. Saw a ticket going for 175. I believe that same ticket on the staples sight is going for 300.

Oh ok don't want to pay that much, these dudes aren't worth that.

Just got some basically at the same place I was at for the Clipper game for $45 each, section 303, row 2. Not too bad.

Last edited:
Oh ok don't want to pay that much, these dudes aren't worth that.

Just got some basically at the same place I was at for the Clipper game for $45 each, section 303, row 2. Not too bad.

Not bad at all for row 2.

Might be going since the kid is here now.
Might be his first live game.

Must lose game tomorrow. Shouldn't be hard with the way this team is playing, but still. I'd like to see Ennis & Brewer get 30 minutes tomorrow :lol:

I thought it was a must lose but the Suns are playing a lot better and we're beyond awful. The 2 spot is all but guaranteed.

Believe we have like a 6 game home stretch coming up (soon) We lost 8 on a row. Sure we'll win at least 2 of those games.

Back
Top Bottom