Reaves
Hayward
Oubre
Plumlee
Max
THT

Maybe Dwight/Melo stay as filler?
I thought I was formerly delusional

If we do end up with this squad, I think we should fire ham. Get someone with more experience. You know: a good coach!.

Nba: where the day after the finals end til the start of regular season is the best time for the sport.

This is why I disagree when people keep saying that the team owners will give the NBAPA a hard time at bargaining over players like Anthony Davis, Ben Simmons and James Harden forcing their way to different teams.

Drama like that drives viewership, ratings, interest, new jersey sales, etc.

Look at the Kyrie stuff as a perfect example happening right now. If he leaves BKN, ESPN gets to hype up "the return of Kyrie Irving to Brooklyn this Saturday on ABC!".

Personally, I don't think the team owners should fight against players forcing their way out.

As a matter of fact, Kyrie should sign the full 5 yr max with Orlando and then try to force his way elsewhere as soon as the ink dries.

And we'd all eat it up like cake too. :lol:

He's right. LeBron ushered in an era of "win now, Don't worry about your draft picks" in order to maximize a short championship window. Since then we've seen many teams sacrifice draft picks in order to go all in (Miami with LeBron, Cleveland with LeBron, Lakers with LeBron, rockets with harden, Nets with the Paul Pierce/KG trade and again with the harden trade, Clippers, Milwaukee Bucks, etc) with mixed results. This approach was never meant to be sustainable and I understand why Rob is trying to move away from it.

I love LeBron but he's constantly gone through the same cycle with his teams.

Step 1: Force that team to liquidate assets in order to go all in

Step 2: That team has tremendous success

Step 3: after the run is over, LeBron looks around and says "This roster is old and they don't have any more assets to give up, I'm leaving"

Step 4: Jump to a new team and do the same thing
the lakers have always been about win now loooong before lebron ever entered the nba.

remember "we dont rebuild we reload" lol

the lakers have always been about win now loooong before lebron ever entered the nba.

remember "we dont rebuild we reload" lol

For sure. Phil Jackson was on the same type of stuff. He basically found no value in young players and only wanted veterans.

He's right. LeBron ushered in an era of "win now, Don't worry about your draft picks" in order to maximize a short championship window. Since then we've seen many teams sacrifice draft picks in order to go all in (Miami with LeBron, Cleveland with LeBron, Lakers with LeBron, rockets with harden, Nets with the Paul Pierce/KG trade and again with the harden trade, Clippers, Milwaukee Bucks, etc) with mixed results. This approach was never meant to be sustainable and I understand why Rob is trying to move away from it.

I love LeBron but he's constantly gone through the same cycle with his teams.

Step 1: Force that team to liquidate assets in order to go all in

Step 2: That team has tremendous success

Step 3: after the run is over, LeBron looks around and says "This roster is old and they don't have any more assets to give up, I'm leaving"

Step 4: Jump to a new team and do the same thing
Somewhat related but I said months ago about how lakers need to follow the recipe Clippers, Heat, dubs etc are using before I was laughed at for not believe lakers are the gods of nba management.

At the time I said: lakers should ALWAYS have a player or two sitting at the end of the bench who we took in the second round That we are developing. We should have bought a pick last year too in the second round. These guys can hopefully turn into Terrance Mann for us for example. With this model, you can still be in “win now” mode yet still hopefully hit on a rotational player for cheap, under team control who is young and hungry. At worst they may end up being a 9th player on a team for cheap.

In theory we should have had tht, Caruso, Christie and last years 2nd. With tht and Caruso as rotational players and Christie and last years 2nd rounder (say: Ayo dosunmu or player Y) as projects etc.

Trade THT for Kemba Walker

Split MLE to sign Javale and Klutch client Mitchell Robinson

Trade Westbrook, a future 1st and 2nd rounder for KD

AD
KD
Bron
Reaves
Nunn

Melo, Kemba, McGee, Robinson, Gabriel, Johnson, Christie, McClung, Pippen, O'Neal

8 vets, 7 young bucks

Night night GSW

Last edited:
vVLuIYk1hbVZAqeyYbTYDFeM5YfojF_RIfboz0_yV_E.jpg

I’d prefer older guys Kendall brown was apparently very high on their list and was available. Let’s see how that decision pans out. I don’t trust us being patient with these players.
That’s my thing, hopefully this means they want to draft, develop and retain their guys. Lakers are always gonna be star hunting but you gotta have young talent too.
I would've preferred a forward, but Christie looks decent enough and the front office deserves the benefit of a doubt in the draft.

Christie looks like he can be a KCP or Courtney Lee in a few years.
Someone on YouTube compared him Kevin Huerter and I like that a lot. I was thinking more Otto porter/Joe ingles mix. But yea I think he’ll be a serviceable wing eventually.

Watched his game vs duke and Purdue last night. Duke had some nba level athletes that were able to get to the rim pretty easily on him. I really like the jumper. He’s confident off the dribble, even saw a PU3IT.

I get the pick IF they’re really gonna play the long game.

This is why I disagree when people keep saying that the team owners will give the NBAPA a hard time at bargaining over players like Anthony Davis, Ben Simmons and James Harden forcing their way to different teams.

Drama like that drives viewership, ratings, interest, new jersey sales, etc.

Look at the Kyrie stuff as a perfect example happening right now. If he leaves BKN, ESPN gets to hype up "the return of Kyrie Irving to Brooklyn this Saturday on ABC!".

Personally, I don't think the team owners should fight against players forcing their way out.

As a matter of fact, Kyrie should sign the full 5 yr max with Orlando and then try to force his way elsewhere as soon as the ink dries.

And we'd all eat it up like cake too. :lol:
So I hear what you're saying BUT ultimately it will come down to owners crying about losing money and competitive balance... they won't be using ESPN ratings or jersey sales in negotiations.

I remember there were talks in one of the more recent CBA meetings that the owners wanted to implement a hard cap to level the playing field but I think they ultimately agreed upon stricter luxury tax penalties.

Well we've seen most of the teams in the league make conscious decisions to navigate around the luxury tax, except Golden State for example. So right or wrong, expect to hear other owners complaining that the Warriors have an unfair advantage because of their willingness to spend.

Pretty sure in one of the last negotiations the league also implemented the super max contract to incentive star players to stay with their current teams, but that hasn't really worked out as intended I don't think...either you have to go deep into the tax to field a competitive roster around those stars (Curry) or you end up in situations where one guy is making 1/3 or whatever of the cap and the team isn't competitive (Russ, Wall, Dame, etc)

Player movement is cool...unless you're a fan or owner of the player that's leaving your team.

That’s my thing, hopefully this means they want to draft, develop and retain their guys. Lakers are always gonna be star hunting but you gotta have young talent too.

Someone on YouTube compared him Kevin Huerter and I like that a lot. I was thinking more Otto porter/Joe ingles mix. But yea I think he’ll be a serviceable wing eventually.

Watched his game vs duke and Purdue last night. Duke had some nba level athletes that were able to get to the rim pretty easily on him. I really like the jumper. He’s confident off the dribble, even saw a PU3IT.

Star hunting is ok

Just do both.

Hmm, I can see Huerter if his jump shot comes around.

He needs to get rid of that dip in his mechanics.

Taking a stroll down memory lane. Can't believe this was already 5 years ago. This might be the greatest summer league team ever. Other summer league teams had better singular talents but I don't think I've ever seen a summer league team with this many contributing NBA players:

Lonzo, Hart, Caruso, Kuzma, Ingram, Zubac

6 NBA level starter players

Taking a stroll down memory lane. Can't believe this was already 5 years ago. This might be the greatest summer league team ever. Other summer league teams had better singular talents but I don't think I've ever seen a summer league team with this many contributing NBA players:

Lonzo, Hart, Caruso, Kuzma, Ingram, Zubac

6 NBA level starter players

Even the lesser known guys have carved out a niche: PJ Dozier, Nwaba, Thomas Bryant...Matt Thomas is hanging in the league and Gabe York was in Indy to end this past season.

Can’t wait til Thursday 3pm

Def won’t be making the same mistake of getting hopes up with every signing. “Omg he fits so well etc etc”

Back
Top Bottom