**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

290296052_6003761786318962_4942146165131684638_n.jpg

289869423_351571783772977_2253158445862018750_n.jpg

Won’t believe laker rumors for kyrie unless he comes out says he wants to go to lakers only and that he won’t sign with anyone else who trades for him. He’s gotta be careful bc he can’t say that he made contact with LA bc obvious aspect of this is that LAL has promised him a full 4-5 year MAX contract upon arrival

Only then can we actually trade Russ and 2027 first ONLY for him since at that point, our offer would be the best bc ain’t no way a team is offering any kind of first rounder for a player that a) says he is not resigning and b) is as toxic as he is if unhappy

Won’t believe laker rumors for kyrie unless he comes out says he wants to go to lakers only and that he won’t sign with anyone else who trades for him. He’s gotta be careful bc he can’t say that he made contact with LA bc obvious aspect of this is that LAL has promised him a full 4-5 year MAX contract upon arrival

Only then can we actually trade Russ and 2027 first ONLY for him since at that point, our offer would be the best bc ain’t no way a team is offering any kind of first rounder for a player that a) says he is not resigning and b) is as toxic as he is if unhappy

He basically already did that. He's not going to outright say I'll only go to the Lakers for a number of reasons but the pieces are in place. He's basically doing what Russ did to a degree last summer. Up to the Nets if with how contentious and public this is if they are going to play ball. All indicators are that nobody outside of us and the Nets even want anything to do with him.

Reactions: DLF
He basically already did that. He's not going to outright say I'll only go to the Lakers for a number of reasons but the pieces are in place. He's basically doing what Russ did to a degree last summer. Up to the Nets if with how contentious and public this is if they are going to play ball. All indicators are that nobody outside of us and the Nets even want anything to do with him.
U right

And also prob don’t need any more bad blood with teams given the AD situation and Paul George prior to that.

Still not sure about the Christie pick. Hopefully this isn’t like the Bonga pick where they traded up or into the 2nd round for a project that never worked out.

He def has potential, the jumper and fade/fall away jumper reminds me of BI a little. He doesn’t create a ton of space off the dribble but he can use his length to rise up over guys. Love the potential defensively.

Just felt like they’re were multiple older guys in the 2nd that could help now.

Still not sure about the Christie pick. Hopefully this isn’t like the Bonga pick where they traded up or into the 2nd round for a project that never worked out.

He def has potential, the jumper and fade/fall away jumper reminds me of BI a little. He doesn’t create a ton of space off the dribble but he can use his length to rise up over guys. Love the potential defensively.

I’d prefer older guys Kendall brown was apparently very high on their list and was available. Let’s see how that decision pans out. I don’t trust us being patient with these players.

isaac bonga was terrible tho, and it was magic who drafted him

j vanderbilt
b. brown
d'anthony melton
shake milton

were all drafted after him

:smh:

I would've preferred a forward, but Christie looks decent enough and the front office deserves the benefit of a doubt in the draft.

Christie looks like he can be a KCP or Courtney Lee in a few years.

Reactions: DLF
Kyrie taking the MLE would be so on brand for him. He’s made close to $200million over the course of his career. He just a different cat. Dont know what to expect at any point.

It’s simple

Hire Kareem as a spiritual advisor to the team and kyrie will sign for MLE. Get Hakeem on board too.

Anyhow, if Kyrie doesn’t care about where he goes and Miami really wants him, that’s the best destination. Again, lots of “IFs”

B0CE1D1B-E527-4422-940D-0CBCDF45C596.jpeg

For the Westbrook part they keep referencing BOTH 2027 and 2029 picks

We shouldn’t have to give up both picks IF kyrie is adamant on LA. Add a few second rounders and a 2029 pick swap at most. Again Nets shouldn’t have ANY leverage

Last edited:
If the Nets get Westbrick, KD is def out. That’s why I don’t think Russ for Kyrie is likely. I’m sure Nets would want KD to stay

If the Nets get Westbrick, KD is def out. That’s why I don’t think Russ for Kyrie is likely. I’m sure Nets would want KD to stay
Yes absolutely. On the surface, the idea of Russ for Kyrie is laughable.

But…this isn’t a normal person. Remember, he wanted out of Cleveland after winning a title and threatened knee surgery if not traded. He’s built different in terms of demanding trades.

I agree though, Russ and a first for kyrie is pretty laughable on paper. Dive deep and this might end up being the best offer nets take (the pick being the only asset vs what other teams would be offering for simply a rental plus the mental health breaks kyrie will take if traded to team he didn’t want).

Also, KD might have told Nets: give kyrie max or else I’m asking for trade and so nets prob setting up for rebuild anyways. Or maybe the opposite. KD is committed and tells nets screw Kyrie. Take best set of role players from any team and let’s run it with Simmons mills and role players they get (Morris and Kennard for example- in which case clippers might be dumb to ruin their own locker room dynamics if kyrie truly doesn’t want clippers. Again- all depends on how married kyrie is to going to lakers and what he tells other teams- if he doesn’t and he’s perfectly fine going clippers and heat, then we have by far the worst package to trade)

Last edited:

Rob talking about a need to develop players. That doesn’t sound like a guy who’s about to trade any future 1st round picks.

He's right. LeBron ushered in an era of "win now, Don't worry about your draft picks" in order to maximize a short championship window. Since then we've seen many teams sacrifice draft picks in order to go all in (Miami with LeBron, Cleveland with LeBron, Lakers with LeBron, rockets with harden, Nets with the Paul Pierce/KG trade and again with the harden trade, Clippers, Milwaukee Bucks, etc) with mixed results. This approach was never meant to be sustainable and I understand why Rob is trying to move away from it.

I love LeBron but he's constantly gone through the same cycle with his teams.

Step 1: Force that team to liquidate assets in order to go all in

Step 2: That team has tremendous success

Step 3: after the run is over, LeBron looks around and says "This roster is old and they don't have any more assets to give up, I'm leaving"

Step 4: Jump to a new team and do the same thing

Back
Top Bottom