**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

zt8vluud8h591.jpg

Outside of 2004, you can make a case for all of those choices.

69 means Elgin Baylor gets a ring.

84 means the 80’s Lakers go 3-0 against Boston in the finals that decade which would be pretty cool.

Personally I would’ve loved if they won in 91. No more 6-0 for Jordan and the Bulls in the finals. One last title with some of the remaining players from the 80’s squads. The inevitable would’ve happened that November regardless. But something about Showtime going out on top would’ve been cool.

04, had they won, they probably don’t win in 2009 and 2010. If they won in 04. They likely try to run it back. Shaq was getting older and outside of 04-05 when he was motivated to spite the Lakers, so they would’ve inevitably declined around 2006ish. Now if they win and still trade Shaq and break up the Shaq/Kobe Lakers while on top. That would’ve been cool. Granted it would’ve been a very unpopular move at the time.

08. Between the Paul Pierce wheelchair crap, blowing the big lead in game 4, and the game 6 debacle. That one stung. Hell game 2 was winnable that series as well. Crazy thing is given all the uncertainty going into that 07-08 season, them making the finals was a great season. It just sucked who they lost to. But if you told me at the start of that season when Kobe wanted out that they would be in the NBA finals, I would’ve thought you were crazy.

It wasn’t on that list, but 89 was a missed opportunity. They swept through the playoffs only to get swept in the finals. Magic and Byron Scott got hurt. Kareem could’ve went out a champion. If I recall correctly the Lakers had the lead late in games 2, 3, and 4 as well. Kinda similar to 83 against Philly where they were winning in the 4th quarter most the games and fell apart late.

2008 hurt, being down in the series 2-1 then blowing a 24-pt lead that would have obviously tied it up 2-2, that hurt.

But man, 1991? That means Jordan has a loss, so even if he wins the next 5 like history says, he's 5-1... putting Kobe's 5-2 thaaaaat much closer in sports talk.

Plus it gives Magic the lead. He would finish 6-3 instead of 5-4.

Magic's 6-3 > Jordan's 5-1
#GOAT

-foe

Yep 2008 is the one I want

Still hate seeing that stupid Gatorade shower on the court and that pierce wheelchair moment. Eddie house, big baby Davis all those fools…:

Back
Top Bottom