**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

There is only one person that cares this much about coaching...

The guy that says coaching doesn't matter at the NBA level, they're just suits.

Vs the dozens of other folks that blame the coach on a daily basis about moves they know absolutely nothing about. Why he does or doesn't start a guy, why he does or doesn't play a guy, why this matchup was or wasn't attacked, who is and isn't healthy enough to go, and on and on and on. Why the same coach goes from Top 2 defense back to back years, to bottom 3rd in the league the next........hmmmmmmmmmm

Yes. I "care" about coaching. :lol: :lol: :lol:

giphy (67).gif

Yes it does. He went to 8 straight Finals. 🤣 "This one player doesn't even compare to what these 2 did." 🤦‍♂️

-foe
Magic went to 9 finals in 12 years and WON FIVE OF THEM

I think that’s more of an accomplishment than going to 8 straight and winning 3

Kobe went to 7 in 11 years and won 5. Also and incredible run

All amazing and special in their own right

Magic went to 9 finals in 12 years and WON FIVE OF THEM

I think that’s more of an accomplishment than going to 8 straight and winning 3

Kobe went to 7 in 11 years and won 5. Also and incredible run

All amazing and special in their own right

Magic also won the College Basketball Title as a Sophomore in 1979

And the Michigan High School State Title in 1977.

Dude won 3 Titles at 3 levels in 4 years. That may not ever be replicated again.

Dude won 3 Titles at 3 levels in 4 years. That may not ever be replicated again.

Kareem did something similar (high school championship his senior year, three consecutive NCAA championships in college and an NBA championship in his second year in the league)

Kareem did something similar (high school championship his senior year, three consecutive NCAA championships in college and an NBA championship in his second year in the league)

Certainly very impressive (his college career especially) but this is still 3 levels over 6 seasons.

To best what Magic did, you'd have to win a HS State Title, NCAA Title as a Freshman and then NBA Title as a Rookie. I don't know if that's happening.

Magic a God damn unicorn.

🗣 THAT'S MY GOAT!!

-foe

Certainly very impressive (his college career especially) but this is still 3 levels over 6 seasons.

To best what Magic did, you'd have to win a HS State Title, NCAA Title as a Freshman and then NBA Title as a Rookie. I don't know if that's happening.

Magic a God damn unicorn.
Darko did the latter

Back
Top Bottom