**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I'm finally getting around to posting photos of the 2008-09 Lakers Kobe Bryant jersey with the NBA Finals patch on it.

Despite Mitchell & Ness f'ing up with the shade of purple that's been plaguing Lakers jerseys and other purple NBA jerseys, I still decided to get it because I needed a number 24 purple jersey in my possession. And it was a great price that I couldn't pass up.
IMG_5980.JPG
IMG_5983.JPG

When Kareem speaks, you listen. His history of accomplishments outside of basketball make his an incredibly important voice. I hope people don’t just dismiss him

When Kareem speaks, you listen. His history of accomplishments outside of basketball make his an incredibly important voice. I hope people don’t just dismiss him
Sure.

My point was that we heard him back in Nov when he said it the first time. There was no real point in recycling this month laters, ESPN just has to figure out a way to keep cranking out Laker content that’s all.

Sure.

My point was that we heard him back in Nov when he said it the first time. There was no real point in recycling this month laters, ESPN just has to figure out a way to keep cranking out Laker content that’s all.
He was at the game to give Melo an award in his name. Guess it was a Q and A before the game.

Haven’t watched a minute of lakers basketball in a handful of weeks

This really a thing? Lol.

Reminds me of the time Luke Walton played Ennis over Caruso lol

Full transcript of the Q & A if anyone is interested...

https://www.nba.com/news/qa-kareem-...ial-justice-award-current-stars-and-much-more

And just to clarify, I wasn't dissing KAJ earlier...he has valid criticism about some of Lebron's actions this year, I was more so just questioning the timing of the article.

After reading the transcript I do think the interviewer could have asked more questions about Melo since he was the actual recipient of the award... and I'm not sure if this is really a thing but I'm glad Kareem got in front of it so it wouldn't gain any legs.

He wasn't a fan of the LA Times in Winning Time, guess that part of the show must be true LOL

It's not that numbers lie; it's that the numbers one presents only tell the story they want to tell.

ALL the numbers tell a more complete story, but even then they don't tell the ENTIRE story.

-foe

Our top players this year by eye test

Lebron
Ad
Monk
Reaves

Melo
Johnson
Westbrick
(Rest are lumped into a dog **** pile)

I’d give a rookie minutes for development and experience especially when it’s clear this season is a wash. No need to have Bradley out there

You want a coach who is not yet eliminated from the playoffs and is about to be fired to play a kid for development purposes?

Do you guys hear the things you type?

You want a coach who is not yet eliminated from the playoffs and is about to be fired to play a kid for development purposes?

Do you guys hear the things you type?
You want veterans fresh off injury and with lackluster play to save a flailing coach's job?

Do you hear the things that you type?

-foe

You want veterans fresh off injury and with lackluster play to save a flailing coach's job?

Do you hear the things that you type?

-foe

Avery Bradley is hurt?

Frank isn't trying to save his job. He's trying to reach the Play-In. To reach the playoffs. To win a Championship.

When we are eliminated, he will play Reaves/THT/Gaberial etc heavy minutes.

Til then, he's trying to win these games.

Frank isn't trying to save his job. He's trying to reach the Play-In. To reach the playoffs. To win a Championship.

When we are eliminated, he will play Reaves/THT/Gaberial etc heavy minutes.

Til then, he's trying to win these games.
You're right. :D

-foe

Back
Top Bottom