**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Looks like the Lakers found the ON switch.

Time to secure 10th place, get to the 8th seed, go undefeated in the playoffs.

Only a story franchise like the Lakers could pull it off.

Just great effort tonight. It makes a huge difference when the team engaged.

Gotta pay attention to Wenyen. Good hustle player. And if he can shoot a little, he could be of use.

Lol. Lol.

One win and fans are beating their chests. Calling out those that talk shot when we lose.

We talk **** bc we are ****ing awful.

Carry the hell on

Going back to read the last few pages to see who’s beating their chest over a single win but I’m a step out on a limb and say that the number of people doing that is the same number as your favorite Laker. So… um, zero.

Team plays bad.. they deserve to hear it. And if they play well they deserve to hear that too, it works both ways. Anyone who only complains and spits constant negativity is just a hater. So that’s who I was calling out tonight but if you’re responding to my post I suppose if the shoe fits…

What a W last night, I thought I was watching another team with that effort (minus the rebounding) . :lol: That late 4th qtr + OT wild, crowd went crazy.
5334BAFB-010A-46F2-8DB5-56B784F0EC90.jpeg

With the effort of last tonight, I wouldn’t be surprised if we win 12 straight. Russ might have regained all of his athleticism and shot making. With ad back soon, we might legit have a Miami Big 3 team going into the playoffs.

We coming for the title.

Am I doing it right?

It just hit me, how crazy it would be for lebron to catch Kareem on scoring list. That’s pretty nuts.

Bron played 45 minutes last night, so wouldn’t surprised me if knee soreness keeps him out of today’s game. Plus the next one is in Cle, so would be nice for him to move into second place in his hometown (yes Akron is not Cle but still)

Last edited:

How do I find this “spaces?”

I hate media coverage in general, especially nba

It does make sense Lebron will sit tonight. Hope I’m wrong. Would a two game win streak be our longest of the season? :lol:

Would rather miss playoffs than see Crowder and Payne clown is to a sweep

Any life will also trigger Jeanie to run it back lol

I'm not specifically calling you out here bc I've seen responses like this from many posters across many of the season threads over the years.

But what's the point of having this POV? I'm not in here often enough to know if that's troll talk or some reverse jinx, so pardon my possible ignorance.

But you NEVER know what can happen once you reach the playoffs/play-in. In the last 2 years alone, we've seen how quickly injuries can alter the course of a series.

Put me in with a chance to win as opposed to sitting on the sidelines watching. **** that.

I'm not specifically calling you out here bc I've seen responses like this from many posters across many of the season threads over the years.

But what's the point of having this POV? I'm not in here often enough to know if that's troll talk or some reverse jinx, so pardon my possible ignorance.

But you NEVER know what can happen once you reach the playoffs/play-in. In the last 2 years alone, we've seen how quickly injuries can alter the course of a series.

Put me in with a chance to win as opposed to sitting on the sidelines watching. **** that.
This years team has been especially annoying/entitled and lazy. This is a unique situation. I need the team to get embarrassed so management can get their act together. This is different. I would always want to make playoffs, even for just the experience. But this year, we are so bad that we would get swept by any of the top 6 playoff teams and as much as I’d like to see the players get embarrassed, I don’t want the organization to think: man we had injuries and still made the playoffs! We really were good! Plus all year the players have downplayed how bad their effort is. Typically with responses like “we are a good team we just gotta execute.” Or “we are built for the playoffs”

I guess when I say “delusionlakerfan” I mean: I’m a fan of the DELUSIONAL LAKERS team

Every offseason since Pelinka has been in charge he’s tried to address team needs, doesn’t seem like one to sit on his hands.

Yes it hasn’t always worked out.
Yes he has gone to the extreme in trying to adjust the roster construction.

Actually I was thinking about something not too long ago. It seems as if maybe the last two offseasons he’s been building around AD instead of Lebron. Think about it, the best formula of a roster surrounding Lebron is a rim running lob threat big and 3D guards/wings. Last season a few of the biggest acquisitions were Drummond, Trez, and Marc Gasol. Both were more AD pickups so he wouldn’t have to play his natural position, and do the dirty work in the paint. Even the RW pickup, I’m thinking Bron gets more of the finger pointed at him but ideally who really was going to benefit more with adding a pick and roll guard?

The championship roster was obviously a good balance of complementary players that fit next to AD and Lebron BUT here’s a question I want to ask you guys… at this point in their careers, are you able to build a team around the strengths of both guys or do you have to kinda choose who you want to build around?

The way I see if, building around AD I’m going to need a primary point guard, move Lebron to the 3 and a center. If I’m building around Lebron I need a secondary point guard, and a wing. In both scenarios I’m assuming one of Reaves/THT are the starting /backup 2 guard… and the bench will be filled out accordingly. I’m neither scenario Lebron is the starting point guard.

Curious to what you guys think.

DLF DLF

Lol, I hear you. But it's hard to see management in your make the playoffs and then get destroyed scenario being that misguided after witnessing what has transpired this entire season.

Again, your take isn't unique. I can copy and paste what you said and apply it in other team threads. That's why I call the Lakers, Nets west and the Nets, Lakers east. The lax play on d, uninspired efforts by role players on offense, embarrassing losses against mediocre teams, injuries, coaching substitutions, you name it... all very similar to Nets fans, Knicks fans, Clips fans, etc.

The difference is that you guys won a title just 2 years ago. So to see a view like yours is a little wild to me. :lol:

DLF DLF

Lol, I hear you. But it's hard to see management in your make the playoffs and then get destroyed scenario being that misguided after witnessing what has transpired this entire season.

Again, your take isn't unique. I can copy and paste what you said and apply it in other team threads. That's why I call the Lakers, Nets west and the Nets, Lakers east. The lax play on d, uninspired efforts by role players on offense, embarrassing losses against mediocre teams, injuries, coaching substitutions, you name it... all very similar to Nets fans, Knicks fans, Clips fans, etc.

The difference is that you guys won a title just 2 years ago. So to see a view like yours is a little wild to me. :lol:
I guess we were in such a high after the title with assets up the wazoo and ad set to take another leap. To see management make literally every wrong move since the title has been maddening.

It’s not about championship or bust. It’s that the players on this exact team are ******* maddening. The effort. The arrogance. Even the coach, who literally uttered the words “Ariza will unlock this team”

Back
Top Bottom