**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Different era and not exactly the same thing cause people didn't really behave in the same manner like they do now...but big picture people came at Mike let's not act like guys didn't taunt or come at MJ sideways now

hqdefault.jpg

45fc41cf-untitled-design-94.jpg

images

And when Mike was at the end of his career folks were coming at him as hard, not saying all were successful but they were coming. Remember Kobe dropping 50 something on his head at Staples in 3 quarters or something like that.

We're in the age of the troll....where people make names off of who can be the most disrespectful towards others.

Like let me throw the ball between your legs and bean you in the face with the ball after that or harlem shake in your defenders face walking down the court if you hit a 3 pointer on them ...stuff like that.

Some guys have to do a choreographed routine for every great play and a standup routine for every bad one... I miss the era of just hoop without the theatrics/end rant

Last edited:
Different era and not exactly the same thing cause people didn't really behave in the same manner like they do now...but big picture people came at Mike let's not act like guys didn't taunt or come at MJ sideways now

hqdefault.jpg

45fc41cf-untitled-design-94.jpg

images

And when Mike was at the end of his career folks were coming at him as hard, not saying all were successful but they were coming. Remember Kobe dropping 50 something on his head at Staples in 3 quarters or something like that.
Get those facts outta here. We're trying to give takes bro :smh:

very memorable and historic season

a real treat for us fans to be able to watch the worst coach to ever win a championship coach the worst player to ever win an mvp award.

I’m kind of torn about Russ, I liked his energy during his early OKC days and I’m rooting for him like I did for Dwight (redemption story) but he does some things that makes it hard.

The reason that people began rooting for Dwight was because he humbled himself, acknowledged his flaws and shortcomings and accepted his new, reduced role. Russ has done none of these things. If anything, Russ has doubled down on his BS.

very memorable and historic season

a real treat for us fans to be able to watch the worst coach to ever win a championship coach the worst player to ever win an mvp award.
I didn't realize that a strong argument could be made for that being exactly what we have, but a strong argument could be made for that being exactly what we have.

-foe

The reason that people began rooting for Dwight was because he humbled himself, acknowledged his flaws and shortcomings and accepted his new, reduced role. Russ has done none of these things. If anything, Russ has doubled down on his BS.

And unless Westbrook humbles himself, I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s out the league once his current contract is up. After this, I can’t blame any contending team for not wanting any part of him unless it was strictly on a prove it, no risk/high reward type deal.

Unless he’s willing to change his attitude and play that mentor role to the younger guys. He’s not beneficial for a bad team or a young team loaded with rookies either.

All that said. I hope the Lakers find a way to get rid of him. Even if he humbles himself and plays his role somewhere else, he didn’t do it here so it’s addition by subtraction.

And unless Westbrook humbles himself, I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s out the league once his current contract is up. After this, I can’t blame any contending team for not wanting any part of him
We've both watched a ton of sports. There have been plenty of cocky players remain in the league until their talent is washed, attitude be damned. Now, you also used the word contender. He might not be on a contender after this current contract, but he'll be in the league.

-foe

We've both watched a ton of sports. There have been plenty of cocky players remain in the league until their talent is washed, attitude be damned. Now, you also used the word contender. He might not be on a contender after this current contract, but he'll be in the league.

-foe

True. But I look at Iverson in 2010 as well. He still had something left in the tank and was capable of playing, but no one picked him up after his second tenure with the 76ers. I remember early that season he had issues with the Grizzlies over coming off the bench during his brief stint with them.

To be fair, he had a reputation for being a headcase with coaches, all the practice related issues etc. I don’t if Westbrook has that reputation. But him bouncing around the league these last few seasons is telling.

He also might just say F it and retire if he thinks he’s still worth superstar money and he’s not getting those type of offers.

Hard to see WestBrickHouseBuilder playing at all next season. I see him getting benched and told to go away like Wall, or Arenas or Marbury and others over the years

And after next season he’ll have to fight to convince a team he’ll accept a bench role for the vet minimum

You put Westbrook on any (bad) team with 3 shooters and a half way decent lob catcher and let him play 40+ mins with a 40% usage rate he's going to put up numbers. In 2022-2023 no less.

Even with him killing any trade value he has game by game, someone will take him and someone will let him drive the tank. Who and what the Lakers are giving up and getting in return is the question.

DLF DLF were you at the Lakers game the other day my boy???

lol yup

As stupid as I am on here. In real life I would never do something that rude. Hate him all u want but that’s just rude. To say that to him like that. It’s uncomfortable just watching it.

On that note, wonder when we get the gangbang scene of Jeanie and the entire laker team

And unless Westbrook humbles himself, I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s out the league once his current contract is up. After this, I can’t blame any contending team for not wanting any part of him unless it was strictly on a prove it, no risk/high reward type deal.

Unless he’s willing to change his attitude and play that mentor role to the younger guys. He’s not beneficial for a bad team or a young team loaded with rookies either.

All that said. I hope the Lakers find a way to get rid of him. Even if he humbles himself and plays his role somewhere else, he didn’t do it here so it’s addition by subtraction.

It's very similar to the situation that Carmelo Anthony was in during 2019. Teams contending for title obviously want nothing to do with what Russell Westbrook because he can't shoot, doesn't defend and has a complete inability to adjust his game. Bottom feeders wouldn't want Russell Westbrook because they are trying to groom young players and they would get no benefit out of Westbrook running the show.

When Carmelo Anthony was out of the league in 2019, it wasn't because he was a terrible basketball player, it was because there wasn't a team that had a role for Carmelo given the fact that (at the time) he wouldn't adjust his game.

The ironic thing is that Westbrook is on a team with Carmelo Anthony and Dwight Howard, two players who could teach him a thing or two about accepting that you are no longer in your prime.

Big difference. Carmelo has a jumper to fall back on when his athleticism, first step etc decline

What can Westbrick do when he can be faster and jump higher than everyone?

I mean, what realistically can Russ charge about his game? Something that doesn’t require him learning a new skill…

I mean, what realistically can Russ charge about his game? Something that doesn’t require him learning a new skill…

Good question. Maybe be a leader, passer, rebounder like Rondo? No chance though. IQ too low

That’s why I’m not so convinced he’ll have a career beyond 1-2 years. Can’t shoot

It's too late in his career to become a good shooter, that boat has sailed. There are things he can do though He can learn to move off ball and he can at least try to play defense. Russ literally does not even attempt to play on the defensive end. Every single Lakers game you can point 3 or 4 please where Russ is completely out of position or gets caught sleeping on defense and giving up an easy basket.

It's too late in his career to become a good shooter, that boat has sailed. There are things he can do though He can learn to move off ball and he can at least try to play defense. Russ literally does not even attempt to play on the defensive end. Every single Lakers game you can point 3 or 4 please where Russ is completely out of position or gets caught sleeping on defense and giving up an easy basket.

I guess when you’ve made 300+ million off of just the nba, not to mention endorsements and investments…
I can see him calling it quits before he gives in to learning new things.

Hell to be a family man and run is dealerships. What a crazy way to end your career.

I guess when you’ve made 300+ million off of just the nba, not to mention endorsements and investments…
I can see him calling it quits before he gives in to learning new things.

Hell to be a family man and run is dealerships. What a crazy way to end your career.

The funny thing is, I believe you might be right. I believe that Russell Westbrook is so stubborn that he would literally rather retire than adjust his game or accept a reduced role. Like you mentioned, when it's all said and done he'll be pushing $300m in NBA salary alone

Screenshot_20220318-011840.png

Also, Russ doesn't strike me as the type of guy who is obsessed with winning. Of course he would like to win a championship but it's not the most important thing to him

he would only want to win a title on his terms.

Back
Top Bottom