**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

We didn’t **** up not firing Vogel because nobody can save this mess but we did **** up with the following:

1. Not giving Lue his proper years/respect
2. Hiring Vogel over Kidd because the feedback/backlash at the time was bad. Vogel would’ve been the DC & there would be no difference. Vogel probably wasn’t getting another job.
3. Not fully backing Vogel. We should’ve had another coach but he won us a ring and deserved some respect. Not giving him proper security is a ***** move. You undermine his authority and all the players don’t have to take him seriously because they know he won’t be here next year.

WellwornMilkyGreatwhiteshark-size_restricted.gif

-No talent on the squad 2 trade
-No draft picks to trade/find talent wit
-Mediocre free agency market upcoming

Might as well let em play, next season ain't looking 2 much better.

To open more options, they'd probably be better off ditching the 2023 plans. Easier to target a team that wants to get off long-term money with Westbrook's and THT's expiring. I don't think they will though.

Having Melo on the bench as a streaky scorer is good to have but he's definitely playing too many minutes. If we could swap Russ for two really good players, that would be great.

Who’s trading two good players for Russ tho?

Mavs just traded a terrible contract for 2 less terrible contracts and the team became exponentially better.

Russ is expiring. we can find decent players on bad deals.

Correct, the Lakers just need serviceable players at this point. Energy guys that can make up for Lebron's defensive shortcomings - he's still potent on offense and is a good facilitator when engaged.

AD really needs to work on his conditioning - maybe look into what Lebron uses for ankles and knees? Bracing can be restrictive but he's talented enough to adapt his game and I don't think too much modification is necessary.

even if its not all vogels fault you have to fire him.

historically coaches always take the fall for a team's bad play.

the lakers have looked extremely bad the past 4 games.

lue and kidd both have been struck by major injuries ALL season but are nowhere how bad we look.

no consequences and you just enable the **** show to continue.

Correct, the Lakers just need serviceable players at this point. Energy guys that can make up for Lebron's defensive shortcomings - he's still potent on offense and is a good facilitator when engaged.

AD really needs to work on his conditioning - maybe look into what Lebron uses for ankles and knees? Bracing can be restrictive but he's talented enough to adapt his game and I don't think too much modification is necessary.
At this point, I don't know what AD can do to fix his issues. Lose weight perhaps?

Where’s the Delusional Trade Machine to make sense of this? I need to see Lebron to Clippers and Always Disabled to Chicago trade scenarios
Lebron and Vogel for Paul George and Reggie Jackson and Ty Lue

AD for lonzo Caruso Lavine

Shiiieeettt. I’ll take Mann, vucevic, Lavine and Zubac plus 3 picks for Lebron and street clothes

Last edited:
Vogels style is archaic. Face it. He doesn’t know how to adjust. This is the same guy that started DJ 20+ games.

Clippers mavs warriors etc play an elite switchable style game that can play big or small.

Vogel is too set on his ways

Back
Top Bottom