**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

https://www.google.com/amp/www.bask...017-18-nba-cap-room-under-new-deal-terms/amp/

That's 2017. Salaries will be about the same... give or take a couple hundred thousand

So if we let all the free agents go that's approximately 32 million in 2018? Am I reading that correctly?

If so, Westbrook's new deal comes in at 30.6 mil and Boogie at 20 mil mil. We wouldn't be able to bring anybody in with PG13 the same summer.

But Clarkson and Randle's salaries almost matchup perfectly to PG and we'd have space to get another star to go with him in 2018 seeing as his cap hold is only 20 mil.

Last edited:
Glad we didn't trade for PG, rather wait and tank and free agent him.

That melo trade still haunts the Knicks.

They were already a playoff team (amare was ballin putting up 25 and 10) and gave the house for Melo.

Gallo, Chandler, Fatboy Felton, Moz, and Koufos- not stars but literraly you're 3rd to 7th player in rotation - for 3pt Melo.

nuggets fleeced the knicks.

LA > NY

The major caveat is whether we keep this draft pick or not. I think if we keep it, they get PG this summer; if not we tank again next year and wait for him in FA.

If we keep the pick, we likely draft a PG

Wont be surprised if we offer Dlo, Randle + Houston's pick or Nance for PG. although I'd rather wait a year, but Indy will want something for him if they feel he's leaving

Fultz/Ball
JC
PG/Deng
Ingram/Nance
Zu/Tarik/Moz

If we keep the pick, we likely draft a PG

Wont be surprised if we offer Dlo, Randle + Houston's pick or Nance for PG. although I'd rather wait a year, but Indy will want something for him if they feel he's leaving

Fultz/Ball
JC
PG/Deng
Ingram/Nance
Zu/Tarik/Moz

I think we can keep D'Lo at least for the immediate future, it won't require giving him up if PG makes the ultimatum. Keep D'Lo and if Fultz shows he's a beast early, you move D'Lo for another piece at that point.

Yep. Ideally we don't give up anything for PG13. But you think Larry will let it get to that point? Plus, I can see PG doing Larry a solid and giving a heads up that he's walking so they do a sign and trade or trade him at next year's ASG or this year's draft

Last edited:
Yep. Ideally we don't give up anything for PG13. But you think Larry will let it get to that point? Plus, I can see PG doing Larry a solid and giving a heads up that he's walking so they do a sign and trade or trade him at next year's ASG or this year's draft

If he gets traded it'll be at the draft (Celtics) or sometime this summer (Lakers-provided we keep the pick). I don't know how much trust there is given his comments yesterday about being out of the loop. If Bird lets this drag until next trade deadline he's getting Vladed.

Unless he makes All-NBA there's no advantage for PG doing a sign and trade, whoever trades for him this year retains his bird rights.

Last edited:
You're not going to get what you think you're going to get for our young guys.

So trading DLo by himself, is likely going to bring back lesser value.

Well if Fultz/Ball outplays him, he's regulated to the bench anyway, especially if PG comes. At that point D'Lo becomes the piece needed to help unload one of Deng or Mosgov's deals and get a solid rotational player.

Last edited:
IF George were to come, it would be ironic. He would be the Granger to Ingram's (assuming he's kept) George.

IF George were to come, it would be ironic. He would be the Granger to Ingram's (assuming he's kept) George.

I'm salivating at the possibities especially if BI can put on weight and play at the small ball 4 with PG at the 3. Westbrook at the 2 and Fultz/Ball at the 1 starting the 2019 season...whew let me open up a window in here.

Last edited:
If we draft JJ I'd really consider trading Ingram. JJ is better than Ingram and PG/JJ/Ingram would be redundant.

Anyway. If PG doesn't make the all NBA team in the next 2 years (I wouldn't expect him to), the max Indy can give him is 5 years, 180 million or 36 mil a year. Lakers can offer 4 years, 132 million or 33 mil a year. That means PG would lose out on 12 mil if we didn't trade for him and his bird rights. I wonder if PG wants that 12 mil that badly. I think Magic can talk him out of it [emoji]128064[/emoji][emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji]

If PG is coming there's literally no reason to draft JJ.

A 5th year guarantee is huge as well.

And :lol: at JJ being better than BI based on what?

BI stats at Duke: 17.3/6.8/2

JJ this season:
16.5/7.1/3

They're damn near identical. BI shot better from the 3pt and FT line. JJ shoots better from 2.

Last edited:
^ JJ looks almost 2 years older than everybody.

He's 20 though, he and BI born in 97'.

Last edited:
Woj on his podcast today:
The direction I was told the Lakers got here in the last couple days was: 'Hey don't gut your team to go get Paul George'. Magic Johnson did lob a call to Larry Bird. But if you're the Lakers and you don't have a tremendous amount of assets -- they have some young players that they hope will develop. They're going to sit back and wait to sign him as a free agent. They'll have cap space in 2018, because if they were to try to trade for him, well, they were going to have to give up the core of their team and then Paul George, he's going to have no one to play with.

Woj on his podcast today:
The direction I was told the Lakers got here in the last couple days was: 'Hey don't gut your team to go get Paul George'. Magic Johnson did lob a call to Larry Bird. But if you're the Lakers and you don't have a tremendous amount of assets -- they have some young players that they hope will develop. They're going to sit back and wait to sign him as a free agent. They'll have cap space in 2018, because if they were to try to trade for him, well, they were going to have to give up the core of their team and then Paul George, he's going to have no one to play with.

Good... Good.

:lol: and there were guys out there thinking Magic would act like how he tweets

Lake show byke

Back
Top Bottom