**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

ttof4rw7ybi81.jpg

The “Always Disabled” name comes from
The second injuries he always gets.

He got a calf strain bc he had Achilles tendinitis and came back too early. This was after the 3 weeks off between seasons.

Vs suns he hyperextended his knee going for a block on booker in game 3 after a bad pass by kcp…next game he strains his groin.

Mcl and now ankle are from someone landing on his leg and him rolling his ankle on someone’s foot

Some bad luck…some “mr glass” body not able to compensate well.

Wait, we WON?! NGL, I watched for a few after Eyebrow went down and felt like there was no way.

-foe

Reactions: DLF
For sure there’s a difference between body failing and some unfortunate, unavoidable random bball injuries

I know he’s winning in the game of life but from a strictly basketball perspective I feel bad for him. And kinda annoyed with fans piling on him while he’s down or bringing up the trade stuff after the injury occurred. I’ve been critical of his play this season, and brought up the ideal of a possible trade heading into a rebuild but now the only thing I got about him now is get well soon AD and that’s pretty much it.

Part of being an elite athlete is being aware of your surroundings to protect against injury.

Obviously someone diving into Bron's ankles wouldn't fit this but AD tends to show he lacks in spatial awareness which is clearly an issue. I also get the myth about low tops vs high tops but theres no way his ankle touches the hardwood with high tops last night.

He jumped, came in contact with the back of Gobert's foot and that affected his landing. What are some of ya'll even going on about? This isn't one of his usual injuries.

Part of being an elite athlete is being aware of your surroundings to protect against injury.

Obviously someone diving into Bron's ankles wouldn't fit this but AD tends to show he lacks in spatial awareness which is clearly an issue. I also get the myth about low tops vs high tops but theres no way his ankle touches the hardwood with high tops last night.

so your saying thin synthetic leather is going to stop 200 plus pounds from folding your ankle?

90 percent of the league probably wears low tops or really low mid tops now.

90 percent of players arent getting hurt.

For sure there’s a difference between body failing and some unfortunate, unavoidable random bball injuries

I know he’s winning in the game of life but from a strictly basketball perspective I feel bad for him. And kinda annoyed with fans piling on him while he’s down or bringing up the trade stuff after the injury occurred. I’ve been critical of his play this season, and brought up the ideal of a possible trade heading into a rebuild but now the only thing I got about him now is get well soon AD and that’s pretty much it.

In fairness, my biggest frustration with him isn't his injuries.

It's going scoreless in the 4th quarter against the JV Blazers. (Without even attempting a shot)

It's him making only 70% of his free throws.

That **** is unacceptable to me. I was touting AD as a Top 3 player in the league back in like 2013-14 and was getting mocked for it. But his game is superb, or rather, was superb. Now it's fadeaway jump shot after fadeaway jump shot, getting pushed out the paint by Klay Thompson, trying to be a 3 point shooter etc.

The injury stuff just adds on top of it. If he was terrorizing folks in the paint, hitting 85% of his free throws and completely obliterating JV teams and Klay Thompson in the paint, etc, I wouldn't say a word.

Since it ain't like that, and Bron's clock is a year or so, I say reset when Bron is ready to move on, and send AD out too. Get what you can, and try to lure next. Cuz he ain't gonna be healthier when he's 30-31-32 etc with even more mileage on him.

Mike Breen said AD told him that he practices finishing at the rim/landing etc in various scenarios. This was just a spur of the moment injury. Nothing to do with him being injury prone.

Back
Top Bottom