**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Not gonna happen. I been hoping for that trade since the first week of the season. It's nice to dream tho.

Simmons (6'10" 2020 Alex Caruso) and probably DG (you not getting Seth, Furkhan, or Shake) make you the #1 defense in the NBA again, Bron goes back to primary playmaker/ballhandler, you get wings, length and bodies. Then you can decide to either keep or package THT (and/or Nunn if he ever comes back) for even more depth. Makes you title contenders this year and next giving you youth, vets and more depth. It makes too much sense really.

Don't think Bron/AD sign off on trading they butt buddy halfway through their first season together.

Think Jerami Grant is more of a possibly now with the injury. Detroit can surely get better offers, but I think Grant wants to be in LA. Way too chummy with Bron/AD/Westbrook. If he was Klutch I'd say it's a done deal already.

Not gonna happen. I been hoping for that trade since the first week of the season. It's nice to dream tho.

Simmons (6'10" 2020 Alex Caruso) and probably DG (you not getting Seth, Furkhan, or Shake) make you the #1 defense in the NBA again, Bron goes back to primary playmaker/ballhandler, you get wings, length and bodies. Then you can decide to either keep or package THT (and/or Nunn if he ever comes back) for even more depth. Makes you title contenders this year and next giving you youth, vets and more depth. It makes too much sense really.

Don't think Bron/AD sign off on trading they butt buddy halfway through their first season together.

Think Jerami Grant is more of a possibly now with the injury. Detroit can surely get better offers, but I think Grant wants to be in LA. Way too chummy with Bron/AD/Westbrook. If he was Klutch I'd say it's a done deal already.
Got me excited reading that. If only Westbrook was slightly more desirable. Only we stupid enough to have traded for him. I wonder if we coulda traded Hield and kcp for Simmons lol.

anyhow this is the team. Get use to it. Ain’t gonna happen

Devils advocate: if money said he’ll take Westbrook but wants tht too (and maybe 3rd team to match salaries) would u?

Devils advocate: if money said he’ll take Westbrook but wants tht too (and maybe 3rd team to match salaries) would u?

Yup. Hopefully that means you get more than Simmons and Danny Green. Korkmaz? Shake? Another wing/shooter from a 3rd team?

Yeah I do it. All day everyday and twice on Sunday. Bron there for a good time not a long time. Lakers win another ring and everyone forgets about all of this. It ain't rocket science. The fit is there. Figure out what to do with Ben Simmons contract afterwards IF Bron retires/leaves. If he has pulse at all, you can pair him with AD and still have a top 3 defense and hopefully Bron does them a solid and a Klutch client forces his way there.

Ain't gonna happen tho. Focused on a smaller deal with a wing and possibly a big. T. Ross looked decent last night (when he wasn't gaurding Bron). My boy Mo Bamba didn't, but the kid is solid. Don't think he in their plans moving forward making it easier to trade for him.

Jerami Grant and a Harrison Barnes still perfect fits.

Imagine being so bad that we prefer Simmons to you.

Also imagine the kings get Simmons for Hield and the corpse of Bagley lol.

Last edited:
Russ has definitely improved for us

Turnovers and shooting/shot selection still a concern

I like Simmons youth and athleticism, size and strength.
Definitely a deal we should consider if given the chance to make the deal

Having Simmons to match up with Thompson/Wiggins, Booker/Bridges, Durant/Harden, Middleton come playoff time.

SnivelingSelfreliantBuckeyebutterfly-size_restricted.gif

Russ for green and Simmons (assuming Morey is drunk)

THT and Nunn for grant (maybe a bit tipsy)

lebron
Green
Grant
Simmons
AD

LOL

russ stans would still be opposed to this

Weekly reminder that we didn’t wanna sign Caruso and possibly shroeder and use as trade assets to save money.

Look at the top 5 luxury teams:

1st in the league/west. 1st in the east. 2nd in east. Clippers don’t count bc of kawhi injury but even that team woulda smoked us. We only 5th bc of Russ which makes it all worse and hurt 10 times more lol

Meanwhile we here trying to trade 7 for 1 to match salaries when we coulda used Caruso and or shroeder money as fillers to improve.
73803D6C-CEA2-4257-AB2A-9CD05A8C437D.jpeg

Last edited:
we have nobody to trade for simmons.

this the same sixers front office that has turned down better offers elsewhere.

An all-star/fringe all star level talent will not be acquired.

I honestly don't know who they can get with the pieces that'd be traded.

Grant has one season remaining on his deal after this campaign and is eligible for a four-year extension worth up to $112 million in the offseason. Interested teams understand Grant will command most of his maximum salary in an extension next summer, a scenario similar to when the Nuggets made the trade for Magic forward Aaron Gordon with a significant interest to complete a subsequent extension when the sides were eligible to negotiate.
So if the Lakers trade their very last real trade chip THT for Grant they’d either have to extend him at the max this off-season or possibly risk losing him next summer for nothing. Dead that rumor asap

So if the Lakers trade their very last real trade chip THT for Grant they’d either have to extend him at the max this off-season or possibly risk losing him next summer for nothing. Dead that rumor asap
Jeanie spending? Yup dead that ****

Back
Top Bottom