**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Soooooooooo it's worrisome how awful Deng has been to start the season.

Feels like what the problem is.. He was hidden by better players.. Didn't think he had to do as much..

Now as the vet, looks like he's trying to create for himself, and isn't that guy.

On the bright side, Moz looks fine.

If he was playing PF I think some issues would be alleviated and there weren't as many guards.

But Swaggy P is providing the on court value that Deng was signed to do. Who'd have thought?

All in all, another good effort by the team against a playoff team. They were right there with four minutes and change to go in the game. Then Westbrook.

Last edited:
If he was playing PF I think some issues would be alleviated and there weren't as many guards.

But Swaggy P is providing the on court value that Deng was signed to do. Who'd have thought?

May be high time to scrap a lot of things.

-Clarkson should split time at the 1 and 2.
-Deng split time at 3 & 4
-Randle at 4 & 5

Only issue is that I don't think Randle has more than 10 minutes at the 5.

Kick Black, Calderon out of the rotation. Keep Lou's minutes to about 18-20

Last edited:
Haven't watched the gAme tonight but see 0 pts for Deng...

Pmatic, I agree he's Terrible now can't believe I defended that guy in game 1 haha.

6th man him, start Clarkson or Ingram.

Deng was pretty good vs the jazz, big reason we were even in that game. And he was a +7 tonite for whatever it's worth. He's a high mileage vet and it's gonna take some time to get his legs under him. Really we only need him to be better than washed Kobe and he's done that so far.

Last edited:
There's really only 2 guys that work for backup Center, and they are both guys you mentioned P

Splitter & Koufos

I prefer Splitter because it is an expiring contract, and easy to do a Lou for Splitter trade, and would like Splitter better for offensive reasons as well

Last edited:
Deng's veteran presence only goes as far as him being one of the better players on the team. No one listens to the scrubs. I'm not giving up on him tho, he's the 5th option on the court. 

There's really only 2 guys that work for backup Center, and they are both guys you mentioned P

Splitter & Koufos

I prefer Splitter because it is an expiring contract, and easy to do a Lou for Splitter trade, and would like Splitter better for offensive reasons as well
Only problem with the hypothetical Lou for Splitter trade besides health concerns is Bud already knows Lou isn't a fit in his system.

Let's just look at how much better this team is though.

Against the Jazz, we lost by 7. Went into the 4th tied.
8-30 for Randle, Russell & Clarkson

Tonight, we got down as much as 15. Kept coming back, got it to within 4 with 4:43 left
Shot 7-32 from 3. No thanks to the bench (0-10)

@LakerFilmRoom 12m12 minutes ago
The Lakers shot just 16-46 (34.8%) on uncontested shots tonight.

On the flip side, the offense Luke has installed was doing its job, it's getting open looks 52% of the attempts were uncontested, and got to the line 24 times

Team is vastly much better.. Missing some rotation tweaks, and a role player or two.. But this team is much better than last year, by a significant amount

Last edited:
Lazy passes, TO killed them. If they were a bit smart with the ball this game might be close but Westbrook seemed like he wasn't even trying smh

The pace of this game was way too fast. I was getting gassed just watching. Lots of rushed shots and defensive miscues. Eventually they will be able to play this fast, they looked great in the 1st. But not there yet.

All those problems point to a young team in a new offense. We're only getting better from here fellas. So stoked to watch this team grow. 

Last edited:

Splitter & Koufos

Only problem with the hypothetical Lou for Splitter trade besides health concerns is Bud already knows Lou isn't a fit in his system.

True...

But I'd take Splitter in any way really. Health concerns be damned, it's only for this year.

Even in that case, there's gotta be a way to get Lou Will somewhere as a 3rd team, to get Splitter coming back

Calderon could work, they're pretty thin in the back court. And Calderon would be okay in a limited backup role on offense, as opposed to Kent Bazemore taking more control of running an offense when Dennis isn't on the floor.

Last edited:
You guys looking for a backup big? :nerd:

You can have Kyle O'Quinn for a conditional 2nd rounder :nerd: :nerd:

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom