**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Tonight was so winnable even though they all were playing like crap... it’s not like the heat were shooting lights out, they were bricking as much as the lakers were

Which is why this hurts.

We blew a chance to be up 3-0 and now they have two great players probably coming back.

Only the bench and Bron (for 2.5 qtrs) showed up lol

this was probably their worst or secondworst game of the playoffs though I wouldn’t count on them playing like this again

I just hate how they were going thru the motions like Miami was gonna layover

I agree but then when you factor in how many 3s the Lakers took you can see that they weren't attacking the zone and they weren't defending well

very true, combo of both. AD getting into foul trouble/not being aggressive and throwing up bricks in addition to Jimmy driving at will.

:emoji_heart_eyes:

Up 2 with 7 mins or so left in the fourth.
Shame on lakers

down the stretch you double Butler if he’s gonna be the only guy shooting

also we got Scott Foster’d tonight. LeBron literally got no calls driving in

AD was so bad. If we replace 12 of those 42 3s into AD face up jumpers. We score 12 points off them. Change 8 of those turnovers to AD jumpers, even without rhythm we probably get 6 points. That’s 20 point just by Taking contested 22 footers for AD instead of 3s and turnovers. It’s not rocket science

19 turnovers.
7 missed free throws.
Jimmy, 44 minutes, zero fouls.

Clean it up.

We ALWAYS come back strong after a Loss. Do it again Tuesday, get an extra day off for game 5.

Need a nuclear AD/Bron game in game 4.

At least they're up in the series. I'm hoping BAM plays because this team plays better when their opponents are tough and at close to full strength. They thought without Dragic and BAM it would be easy but those games are always tough. Glad they are still up 2-1.

At least they're up in the series. I'm hoping BAM plays because this team plays better when their opponents are tough and at close to full strength. They thought without Dragic and BAM it would be easy but those games are always tough. Glad they are still up 2-1.
Plus Olynk is good man and gives us trouble. He can shoot. Increases the threat.

19 turnovers.
7 missed free throws.
Jimmy, 44 minutes, zero fouls.

Clean it up.

We ALWAYS come back strong after a Loss. Do it again Tuesday, get an extra day off for game 5.

Need a nuclear AD/Bron game in game 4.

It's almost incredible that a player can play 44 minutes and not pick up a single foul.

With BAM out there instead of Kelly you can have more rim protection.
I actually kinda prefer Bam coming back

theyll take it more seriously and he doesn’t space the floor as well. They killing us with 3s lol

can’t let Jimmy go one on one too much tho but I understand a big part of that is AD being in foul trouble and not being able to be down there

but this is why it’s better to be up 2-0 than 1-1 tho

Butler is their only play maker and we never trapped him or forced him to take ball out of his hand. We didn’t do it for 3 quarters. That’s fine. But down the stretch you gotta make a damn change man

To put this game into perspective.

1. Jimmy had an incredible game.
2. Lakers turned the ball over 20 times just like they did in game 3 against Denver.
3. Lakers are still up 2-1
4. The Olynk three point shooting is causing tons of problems on offense and defense.
5. Even though they got down by double digits they kept fighting which was encouraging.
6. Lakers got lazy with attacking the zone and settled for too many 3s.
7. Miami did a great job at cleaning the glass which hurt our offensive rebounding.
8. Most of Butler's points were from the free throw line instead of brilliant shot making which is encouraging. Jimmy doesn't scare me offensively like some of the players they've played.

Every other game AD would look for a middy right here lol weird

starters just gotta be better tho
Stop settling for so many 3s
The two leaders both gotta be better too

1601869858805.png

Every other game AD would look for a middy right here lol weird

starters just gotta be better tho
Stop settling for so many 3s
The two leaders both gotta be better too

What we didn't see was AD or bron in the middle of zone at the top. That was killing Miami in both games and they went away from thaf.

What we didn't see was AD or bron in the middle of zone at the top. That was killing Miami in both games and they went away from thaf.
I noticed that. No idea why either smfh
I think they truly thought Miami was gonna lay over cuz No Bam or Dragon and they just settled for 3s

didn’t try to put the energy in to attack the zone
Then a little banter between Bron and Butler and he were are humble pie lol

Back
Top Bottom