**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Hopefully everyone plays well tonight. Kuz needs to hit open shots and Caruso has to play better.

I said lakers in 5 so I am gonna have to say tonight is the game we lose.

I think Miami continues with the zone and they play ultra aggressive and we miss shots and get lax.

then we will wake up for games 4 and 5

Jerami Grant would be a perfect fit on this Lakers team for the Kuzma role.

I'd take Grant or Covington easily over Kuzma.

Or if Pelinka looking for offense and a dead-eye shooter - someone to play the Glen Rice role, a consistent marksman threat who is happy to play his role behind the 2 stars.

Or if Pelinka looking for offense and a dead-eye shooter - someone to play the Glen Rice role, a consistent marksman threat who is happy to play his role behind the 2 stars.
Dead eye shooter: Lonzo ball

It’s not just a dead eyed shooter. They have to be able to play defense too.

we coulda had Korver but then he becomes unplayable in a playoff or finals game

we have quin cook who is pretty much our best shooter but he’s also 5’9 and can’t defend so he can’t play.

covington woulda been ideal but Houston snatched him up for peanuts

I’m ready
9EF0AD75-CB1A-44BA-A3ED-CF3F21D92337.jpeg

It’s obvious with how the lakers are playing now with a functional Rondo that priorities this offseason are: 1) get a playmaking pg/Sg. One who can dish it as well as be a threat to score 2) a real wing defender. This season we have been killed all season by wings. Although LeBron can easily play those guys, I’d rather not with him in the season.
Covington woulda fit that mold PERFECTLY. Maybe crowder?

glen rice was a way better shooter than Grant, no? I feel like Grant just got hot against us and rode a streak. Rice was a very talented offensive player, threes and posting up

glen rice was a way better shooter than Grant, no? I feel like Grant just got hot against us and rode a streak. Rice was a very talented offensive player, threes and posting up
Rice definitely way better shooter than Grant.

What I was saying was, if Lakers want defense and 2-way player, I'd like to see Grant or Covington. But if Pelinka wants a scoring threat instead of Kuz, then we should look for someone who can give us Glen Rice-type impact

Because he wasn't a Laker for too long, nobody talks about the monumental impact Glen Rice had on that '99-'00 title team. Especially how he played in that POR series, ALWAYZ A THREAT TO SCORE FROM ANYWHERE as the #3 behind Shaq and Kobe.

You put a Glen Rice with AD and Bron, it's a three-peat.

Lavine could still be a possibility right?
He would be great. Not the best defender but with most of these guys I am making an assumption that they will be willing to change their game playing with LeBron and AD and willing to sacrifice their mins and roles. Competing for a title allows for those kinds of things

Derozen would be good too ASSUMING he accepts his new role

Isn't Derozan an UFA? He may be a good get if he willing to take MLE of $9 mil

Then trade Kuz and filler for Covington lol. Me been on the RoCo bandwagon for a long time. Me done with Kuz lol

Reactions: DLF
Can’t believe we have LeBron on the lakers. Still hasn’t settled in yet lol. Seems I’m more hard on him then appreciative

Back
Top Bottom