**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Trash *** home court
We can’t complain about home court bc right now we would be looking real silly having 2 in Portland start Saturday with them already winning at least 1. Portland is hard place to play

if Kcp can’t hit shots in an empty gym. He would be even worse in Portland with those fans

JR, Quinn Cook and even Jaren Dudley couldn’t have done worse than KCP and Danny Green. Dead serious. 5-32 from 3 and Quinn Cook couldn’t get a minute?

JR, Quinn Cook and even Jaren Dudley couldn’t have done worse than KCP and Danny Green. Dead serious. 5-32 from 3 and Quinn Cook couldn’t get a minute?

Only time Cook and Dudley should see the floor is if it's a blowout. No reason for Bubble cheese to not get burn last night though.

Only time Cook and Dudley should see the floor is if it's a blowout. No reason for Bubble cheese to not get burn last night though.
I get it. Both liabilities on defense but when we’re going 5-32 out there we at least need Quinn Cook out there for 10 minutes.

Whats up with slow start though? Most of the time they just let team go for like 10-0 run to start the game

they cant be doing that especially with a team like POR. It Gives them lots of confidence.

I get it. Both liabilities on defense but when we’re going 5-32 out there we at least need Quinn Cook out there for 10 minutes.

Cook sucks, he can't shoot either plus would get cooked on the other end.

Whats up with slow start though? Most of the time they just let team go for like 10-0 run to start the game

they cant be doing that especially with a team like POR. It Gives them lots of confidence.
Javale McGee's 6 min in the 1st and 3rd Q always has them playing from a deficit :lol:

but its a combination of things
2 big line ups = poor spacing, but then they have been shooting poorly so teams are just playing zone anyway :lol:
Bron can't drive cuz it's clogged and he also can't really post up because AD/Javale out there occupy the midrange spots he usually operates out of :lol:

Been like that most of the season. Vogel eventually gotta take Javele out the lineup for either Kuz or Caruso. AD gotta play the 5 to open the floor.

**** got me thinking about moves we can make in the offseason. We need a pickup badly. Wish we could get Derozan somehow. Best package we could even offer in a trade is Avery Bradley and Danny Green :smh:

I get the coach wanting to have confidence in his players and not let the whole team know that if you're struggling, you're benched. I remember KCP was struggling early in the year last year and Lebron said something about rallying around him and he ended up improving. I get it. But I can't help but think with every Danny Green miss that JR could get maybe 5-7 of his minutes. I'm not saying swap him out. I'm not saying half. But like 5 of Danny Green's minutes? JR Smith can't be doing that bad in practice right now to where Danny Brick Green can't give up 5 of his minutes.

Or Dion
Dion should be getting more run.. a bit of Caruso's and DG/KCP's IMO
Caruso does a lot of winning plays on the defensive end but there are stretches in the half court where he hurts because he can't really dribble.. (dion can and penetrate and finish/kick)

Plus Dion is a shot creator and bucket getter lol. always gonna need that.
and we keep saying it but they need more AD at 5/ Kieff at 4 of vice versa

**** got me thinking about moves we can make in the offseason. We need a pickup badly. Wish we could get Derozan somehow. Best package we could even offer in a trade is Avery Bradley and Danny Green :smh:
Pop aint having that **** :rofl:

He aint wanna give us Kawhi for our entire roster.

Dudes. Dudley is a great player if used right. He is super smart and can hit 3s. For our purposes, he’s light years better then green and Kcp right now

If AD keeps this **** up, and he become disgruntled. The only thing saving us from him leaving will be covid and the weird offseason. If we get swept Lebron Might retire after he fakes another injury

I get the coach wanting to have confidence in his players and not let the whole team know that if you're struggling, you're benched. I remember KCP was struggling early in the year last year and Lebron said something about rallying around him and he ended up improving. I get it. But I can't help but think with every Danny Green miss that JR could get maybe 5-7 of his minutes. I'm not saying swap him out. I'm not saying half. But like 5 of Danny Green's minutes? JR Smith can't be doing that bad in practice right now to where Danny Brick Green can't give up 5 of his minutes.
My dad saying the same ****. No way JR Smith can do any worse than KCP

Dudes. Dudley is a great player if used right. He is super smart and can hit 3s. For our purposes, he’s light years better then green and Kcp right now
Not saying to play him for 15 minutes or anything, but give Dudley like three 3’s to shoot, he’s gonna make at least one. Like damn

Sometimes luck is on your side. Sometimes it aint

warriors won their first title with kyrie and love hurt

LeBron won the following year with draymond suspended for game 5 and Harrison Barnes forgetting how to play b-ball.

Kawhi won with Toronto with two of Golden states top 3 players having SEASON possible career ending injuries. (3 if you count cousins getting hurt too).

but all those teams kind of created their own luck. For the lakers this year it’s all BAD luck. From Kawhi playing us, to cousins injury, to team playing well and then getting shut down via pandemic and now players literally forgetting how to shoot, Avery opting out, On top of us having no home court AND playing the hardest bracket in the nba with a player that really suffered during time off bc of age and rust (LeBron). Just look at us playing Portland vs weaker first round team: memphis spurs pelicans. They pulled off miracle after miracle in the bubble games and BARELY made it by the skin of their teeth. Almost like we were destined to play them and now likely go home way early.

Then you have th clippers who seem to be hiring the right people, doing the right things. They have a team that very much benefitted from 4 months off bc of PG13s injured shoulder and their incognito workouts to improve chemistry. Meanwhile they get the EASIEST bracket of all of the contenders with Dallas without porzingis for first 2 games and then playing either mediocre jazz or nuggets in second round.

Magic, Jim buss, kupchak, dlo trade for nothing and then trashing his name, playing with randles emotions by not playing him in a contract year, magic publicly quitting...caught up to us. Gotta create better karma moving forward.

eh Draymond suspended or not he played 2 games after that and balled game 7 so they had a chance to close out

and idk about PG's shoulders he was icing the **** out them mugs last game lol

but yeah it seems like the marriage of LeBron and LakeShow has created a lot of bad luck for whatever reason

Back
Top Bottom