**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

its fair.

imma leave for now but will come back come playoff time if we face the lakers, only to talk hoops.
good luck on the season.
I might be in the minority but I didn’t mind the trolling and the banter. Yea you got some dumb *** takes but whatever. If I was annoyed I could utilize the ignore feature. However I do see it derailing the thread. So it could be better received in the nba thread

Based on your exit statement you seem like a reasonable dude underneath all the bafoonery. If you wanna talk lakers, add thoughtful content (including valid criticisms) go ahead. Just don’t make it lakers v clippers debate or clippers centric every post.

I might be in the minority but I didn’t mind the trolling and the banter. Yea you got some dumb *** takes but whatever. If I was annoyed I could utilize the ignore feature. However I do see it derailing the thread. So it could be better received in the nba thread

Based on your exit statement you seem like a reasonable dude underneath all the bafoonery. If you wanna talk lakers, add thoughtful content (including valid criticisms) go ahead. Just don’t make it lakers v clippers debate or clippers centric every post.
love u man. thanks

dwight better not disappoint tomorrow. hope he doesn’t do anything cringe worthy. im rooting for him.

he said what he’ll do in contest will come full circle.

Lime__Jalapeno_Launch__20.jpg

exactly. Adds to my theory that they DONT WANNA help the lakers no matter what

clippers have the exact opposite problem

I wouldn’t be surprised if they get Lavine for zubac and Sam cassell a personalized Penny Marshall litho and a signed Billy Crystal pic.
Fixed.

• Haha
Reactions: DLF
I can't believe the back-and-forth that some of you do with people who hate the Lakers. Like, are you new to being a Laker fan? (Rhetorical question.)

You have to remember that people hating us is where we're supposed to be. No one was in the thread hating on us when we were trash. As soon as we got Lebron, the hater comments increased, even though we were barely decent last season and didn't make the playoffs. Still, just getting Lebron caused an immediate uptick in hater talk. That's where we're supposed to be. And now that we actually ARE having a successful season, again, an increase in Laker hater talk. Someone gave me a Laker wristband 6 years ago and I've worn it every day, and it's only been this year that people have given me crap for it...

... and I love it. The tears are delicious. :nthat:

Say we lose to the Suns. Some goofball comes in like "Y'all supposed to be CHAMPS?" Ignore it; it's validation that we matter. We lose to the Clips. "Yeah, you're not getting past them in the playoffs." Again, the fact that they need to say it shows that we're on their heart. When we don't matter, they turn into quiet church mice.

Do other team threads have even ONE person who consistently downs the team? We have SEVERAL when things are good.

And when these sensitive, attention-seeking goofs get called out and play innocent, ('What? I'm just talking basketball'), know that they're just protecting their need for attention.

Throw out a reply if you must, but going back and forth is pointless. They need attention and they can't get it by talking about their sad team, so they talk about ours, but only when we're good. Again, their presence is validation that we are where we're supposed to be.

I thought I had a nice Kobe shoe collection. That's gotta be over 100k worth of shoes.

Back
Top Bottom