**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I will celebrate if we beat the Mavs. I think we drop the next one. The Mavs look very good and will be at home

74781669_2707312099328852_8654048961851555840_n.png

Penny through shade at Mamba:

source.gif

are offense has looked pretty lackluster so far but i think our fanbase is forgetting that

1) we have a new head coach, implementing a new system
2) over half the roster has changed
3) We're missing our third best player who could easily be a 20 ppg scorer & does well at creating his own offense
4) Rondo despite his weaknesses is still one of the smartest guys on the court and is elite at running an offense.
5) We already had a shorter preseason, only played 2 different teams & took a China trip on top of that.

we should be very optimistic about our offense stepping up, especially since our schedule starts out soft, so we could work out the kinks and hopefully be in rhythm by the time our schedule toughens up.

Something I noticed last night was Javale and Dwight seem to have a bond. Someone asked if Javale might cause problems, but what I saw between them last night leads me to believe they are both fine with thier roles and want to see each other succeed.

What do you guys think we're gonna do with Kuzma when he comes back next game? Do you think he'll start? Whose minutes will he take?

I think he'll come off the bench and be our go-to scorer on the second unit. I envision a closing lineup of

AD
Kuzma
Green
Bradley
LeBron

That lineup has good defenders (AD, Green and Bradley) and good shooting. We can run the AD and LeBron PnR and kick it to open shooters. It's gonna be glorious. We byke

I would probably put a minutes cap on Kuzma for the road trip. Let him come off the bench for 15 MPG and go from there.

There's 144 minutes available at center and the forward positions every night. AD and Bron figure to get 65-70 minutes on most nights. So that's 74-79 minutes to divide between Javale, Dwight and Kuz. And I guess Danny Green since the team doesn't have a real backup SF yet.

Edit:

If Kuz is healthy, he should be getting around ~30 MPG at both forward positions.

Last edited:
Yea I've noticed that so far. Dwert really going to end up starting by years end. What a time.

Kuz is gonna get minutes at both forward spots. In the Charlotte game Dudley checked in late in the first and played almost til halftime. Kuz's rotation will look something like that

I don't think it'll be much of an adjustment at all. Bring him off the bench Lou Will style to start and let him get buckets.

Someone offered Conley and Jarrett Allen for my Kuz in fantasy and I said no. I feel like he's gonna be a work horse. No load management or anything like that.

EDIT: thought this was the NBA thread

giphy.gif

dwight's presence makes them a total monster on defense. reminds me of KG's impact with the celtics.

i knew he was going to have a huge impact when he agreed to a non guaranteed contract and said he was inspired by draymond's role w/ the warriors and is willing to make everything work.

I don't think it'll be much of an adjustment at all. Bring him off the bench Lou Will style to start and let him get buckets.

hope so. Think about this, when’s the last time Kuz played competitive 5 on 5 full court? He’ll need to shake the rust off and get in rhythm and that can take 5 games or so

Kuz should def be seeing 29-31 mpg once he is fully healthy..

I'm more interested in what's gonna happen with Rondo, Vogel seems to still be figuring out the guard rotation. Caruso has seemed to make a positive impact when he plays but he's on limited minutes.

We have a lot of guard lineups available but Rondo got the blessings of Bron & AD he's gonna get atleast 20 mpg.

Dwight winning over the fan base. Lebron a Laker and gonna pass Kobe’s point total wearing purp and gold. I’ve seen it all.

I'll continue to believe nothing of what comes out of Dwert's mouth. Just play hard and do your job and the rest will take care of itself.

I don’t know how I’m going to feel watching Lebron, whom I’ve hated for so many years, pass Kobe on the all-time scoring list wearing a Lakers uni.

I’m getting nauseous just thinking about it. I’m just beginning to forget about Karl Malone as a Laker and now in reliving it all over again with Lebron. I don’t care how good you might be - some people just shouldn’t wear a Lakers jersey. Sorry.

Back
Top Bottom