**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Is this good news?

Maybe.. if the #4 pick the pels traded to atl satisfies the touching rule then we don’t need to worry about the pelicans needing to give up any assets of their own to complete the trade (AD trade + bonga/mo/JJ to hawks) . Then we can just work out a trade with Atlanta (within the 3 team deal) to give them our players + cash + second rounders or whatever.

If the #4 doesn’t satisfy the touching rule then the pelicans need to give something else (cash or draft pick) to the hawks (along with us giving the hawks our players) .. this makes it complicated because the pelicans would need to be willing to do us a favor and donate their own assets (unless they agreed to this previously— probably had to be discussed)

I think it will satisfy the touching rule. I’m pretty sure Rob Pelinka/griffin would have discussed this and the #4 was going to Atlanta all along. Now it’s just a matter of dumping our players on them and attaching whatever picks or cash is needed (maybe waiting til July 6 to add 5M). And if it doesn’t, they probably discussed pelicans giving the hawks a 2nd because we gave them a **** ton already

Maybe.. if the #4 pick the pels traded to atl satisfies the touching rule then we don’t need to worry about the pelicans needing to give up any assets of their own to complete the trade (AD trade + bonga/mo/JJ to hawks) . Then we can just work out a trade with Atlanta (within the 3 team deal) to give them our players + cash + second rounders or whatever.

If the #4 doesn’t satisfy the touching rule then the pelicans need to give something else (cash or draft pick) to the hawks (along with us giving the hawks our players) .. this makes it complicated because the pelicans would need to be willing to do us a favor and donate their own assets (unless they agreed to this previously— probably had to be discussed)

I think it will satisfy the touching rule. I’m pretty sure Rob Pelinka/griffin would have discussed this and the #4 was going to Atlanta all along. Now it’s just a matter of dumping our players on them and attaching whatever picks or cash is needed (maybe waiting til July 6 to add 5M). And if it doesn’t, they probably discussed pelicans giving the hawks a 2nd because we gave them a **** ton already
i think this was discussed and planned the whole way through because Hunter only worked out with ATL lol

Lakers should look at Reid from LSU and dedric Lawson from Kansas
Agreed. Also want to take a look at
Jontay n redshirt dude
Shamorie ponds
Legerald Vick (he worked out for us n got a strap)
Jared Harper

At least 2 of these would be solid

Bring in all the undrafted players shoot :lol:

I mean, they ain’t getting the shine on other summer league squads, we literally have no one

I really liked Norvell at Gonzaga. His stepback is nasty.

Watching highlights of Aric Holman...am I missing something? How did he not get drafted?

The scouting staff is the only bright spot of this front office.

Kid def got some potential and our scouting team has done great these past couple of years so i like the pick..

apparently kid has a 7'1 wingspan & literally has Kawhi sized hands

a lot of mocks had him going in the 20's

"The Problem" explained: After the Lakers sign their max star, they then look to execute the Davis trade. There will be no "gotcha" from the Pelicans where they call it in and screw over the Lakers. That isn't how this works. The trade will not be executed until the Lakers get on the call. Technically, all parties can just back out... but that isn't happening... it's an unprecedented haul for the Pelicans and they have ever incentive to make it work.

This is exactly what I was saying :lol:. Just common sense stuff when you look into the basics of how this stuff works. Pelicans know that Lakers have the room and the right to sign a max and if it comes down to it, they'll just have to wait until July 30th

Stole this from Reddit to post here, I thought it was a really good write-up on the Laker cap situation and why all the noise surrounding the cap situation was just noise and bad reporting

Nice find easy read. All this other chatter making it hard to understand. He pretty much broke it down either we force our hand and sign the pick and wait 30 days. Or Pelicans/Lakers negotiate with Hawks or other teams to take Mo/JJ/Bonga and it gets done July 6.

Nice find easy read. All this other chatter making it hard to understand. He pretty much broke it down either we force our hand and sign the pick and wait 30 days. Or Pelicans/Lakers negotiate with Hawks or other teams to take Mo/JJ/Bonga and it gets done July 6.
i think media has so so shook that pelicans wanna spurn us. whats lost is that the pels got a great deal and would be STUPID as hell to back out if we sign the rookie and have them wait til July 30

The Lakers were the topic of the Lowe Post podcast. Bobby Marks explained there's likely going to be three separate trades (Nets-Hawks, Pelicans-Lakers and Pelicans-Hawks), and it's not going to be a big, colossal trade.

Marks and Lowe also though Pat Beverley was going to get paid this summer, to the tune of $14-15M per year.

And then if we trade Bonga/Wagner/Jones it gives us more cap to sign cheap vets instead. Or we just keep them and the trade gets postponed to the 30th. Win/win

4E524CA6-D3C1-4DB2-B0C8-89F1AA1A7BB5.png
BIG LEEMELONE BIG LEEMELONE :frown:

Back
Top Bottom