**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Not hiring Lue was dumb. He was the best candidate available independent of his relationship with Bron. It's just a bonus that he had a rapport with him and was able to check him. The optics would have been what they were regardless.

But Lue's success is tied to Lebron, That's the only reason hire him. How was he the best candidate?

Honestly the infrastructure isn't good enough and hasn't been since Dr. Buss to star chase, we gotta build it another way. Bring Juju back and trade Lebron for whomever gets the #2 pick.
Honestly bro, at this stage I feel as though they need to sell the team. We have a large enough sample size now to realize that the Buss family cannot successfully run an NBA team.

We are at knicks and suns level of dysfunction. It wouldn't matter if we had top five picks for the next decade, our ownership would find a way to screw it up like the Suns.

I was ok with Monty or Lue (one of only 5 active coaches to win a title). Championship level coaching experience is invaluable . The optics of getting turned down by both of them is really indicting of the front office

None. That's what I been telling ya'll all season. :lol:

But again Lue's only success is tied Lebron. That doesn't make him the best coach.

1. He's a championship coach
2. His success is tied to Lebron who we have, no?

That absolutely makes him the best coach for the situation we have.

I can't even front, it's pretty incredible how the narrative around signing Lue changed so quickly. Amongst the fans and media, it went from "the Lakers are just signing LeBron's homeboys" and "this is proof that LeBron runs the franchise" to "how did the Lakers botch this?" and "Lue is a championship coach" etc.

I can't even front, it's pretty incredible how the narrative around signing Lue changed so quickly. Amongst the fans and media, it went from "the Lakers are just signing LeBron's homeboys" and "this is proof that LeBron runs the franchise" to "how did the Lakers botch this?" and "Lue is a championship coach" etc.

All this is proof Lebron actually doesn’t run the franchise lmaoo.

Lebron is aware of his perception. Bruh is staying out of everything and letting Pelinka/Rambis/Jeanie come off as idiots.

Lebron went to bat for Lue, I don't think he believed he'd turn the job down.

My thing is ONCE you decide to pursue someone, then it’s an embarrassment when they turn you down (if you’re the Lakers). Happened twice.

The way they botched that whole offer and Pop telling Monty not to take the job, pushing Kidd on Lue, all that is an embarrassment

Rob need to step down.
BR reporting Kurt picked Vogel and Kidd. Rob is powerless

Give Linda the job lol

we're pretty much doing everything we possibly can to screw this up. We can't even do the simple things right and yet this is LeBron's fault somehow

Anyone have news on Zo’s offseason? Weights? Shooting coach? Is his ankle even good for training?

we're pretty much doing everything we possibly can to screw this up. We can't even do the simple things right and yet this is LeBron's fault somehow

If true and rambis is more liked and respected then I’m ok with rambis being shadow exec

Back
Top Bottom