**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Arguably the most jarring, and telling number on the Lakers’ shooting woes on the season though has to be their catch and shoot percentages.

At a dismal 33.2 percent conversion rate, once again last in the league, the team is somehow actually shooting better on their pull-ups this season (33.5 percent). They are the only team in the NBA that possesses this bizarre accolade. Which is basketball’s very own version of: “Actually I am not even mad, that’s amazing.”

Damn lebron

Damn lebron

According to Rob and Magic, we don't need shooter, we'll get gritty veterans and playmakers. What could go wrong?

Lebron would average 15 assists per game if we were even an average shooting team. We're creating alot of open jump shots, we just can't convert. That leads to 4 to 5 defenders in the lane every offensive possesion.

D1KUnsuVsAIY200.jpg

According to Rob and Magic, we don't need shooter, we'll get gritty veterans and playmakers. What could go wrong?

Lebron would average 15 assists per game if we were even an average shooting team. We're creating alot of open jump shots, we just can't convert. That leads to 4 to 5 defenders in the lane every offensive possesion.

You don’t think for those couple hours at Lebron’s house him and Magic talked about which free agents to go after? Lebron either co-signed or damn near told Magic those are the players he wanted #TeamMud

Y’all act like Magic would make ANY move without consulting their prized free agent

Lebron shouldn't have reached out to Lance, Rondo and McGee. Y'all also being a bit facetious. With all the shooters he's had over the years his career high in assists average is 9. He's at 8 this season.

Offense hasn't been the issue all season.

Last edited:
Cant believe we have lebron and already out of the playoffs..early in March. SMH

We did have injuries but i think if it wasn't for the AD drama we still in the playoff picture.

Lebron seemed so satisfied just getting his numbers and collecting Ls.

It really seems as if he came for the market and off the court opportunities and the basketball stuff is secondary.

Off the court, he’s a standup guy. Very charitable, socially conscious etc and he deserves all the accolades for that. I’ll never discredit him on that.

On the court, he’s shown ***** whiny tendencies when things don’t go his way, and how he’s went about things on the Lakers has been a bad look all around. He’s done similar stuff in Miami when Pat Riley didn’t let him play gm, he’s tuned out coaches etc. Still a top 5 player of all time. But he does a lot of corny stuff.

The only reason this down patch doesn't bother me as much is because in my life time I have seen so much success.

Born in 82 the day they won the chip. I have seen 8 titles since I have been alive. I've been spoiled. I have seen other franchises not win anything in that time frame.

This horrible because so many things haven't gone our way since the mixed CP3 trade but what can you do?

We will get this right. Just might be longer than we thought.
Hey man F your success we want our real NBA back. LOL. J/K Congrats. Last year I was all in for the long haul and rebuilding phase, but with LeBron coming that "sped up" the process. However when he got here it seems like we took a huge step back, because we got rid of the players we were developing and now we have less flexibility because LeBron is the black hole on the team. Good or bad.
Been a rough time, even though I been saying since Bron was out we won't make the playoffs but 6 years of not making it is tough. That's a long f'n time. And Laker fans ready to crucify my dawg Bron.
Can't even enjoy watching other games.
I am sure this might be hard to believe because of how HARD I come for LeBron's neck, but I use to be a fan of his early on in his career. I loved the LeBron's and the commercials back in the day. However as his career progressed his game just really turned me off and pissed me off. He doesn't at the time seem to be helping as much as we expected.

:frown: seeing this vs load management. boy do I miss kobe

Dude really came to the Lakers without watching the history. This is what we expect of our superstars in a Laker jersey.
BI...I was picking him over Kuz and took a lot of flak for it but he is the future...
Dude isn't happy though, I think that is related to LeBron though so he can't stay.
Kuz a dawg too but if his shots ain’t going in he kinda invisible lol
Coaches need to tell him do three things work on, defense, shooting, adding muscle. In that order.

Yea he’s given up

(Not srs)

Shoot you know that ain't LeBron he has a full head of hair. :rofl:

We got nothing to play for anyway.

Just shut Lebron down and play all the G league Kids.
He can't chase Kareem if he is shut down.
I'm watching but I'm not even into to it.

Such a disappointing year.

But I'm gonna give this Crown Peach a spin. See how that goes.
15521845888334676948583778282676.jpg
Naw ain't watching no more games this year, none of the players I like watching are playing. How was that Crown Peach, might pick some up this weekend. Probably some CRAZY mixes with that.
National media is so freaking crazy

Just heard chauncey and Jalen say “man...lakers coulda had Dennis smith jr instead of Lonzo...” while watching Knicks and kings highlights.

The Lonzo disrespect is crazy.

Hoping he’s healthy by mid April so he can start his offseason training ASAP. The guy is motivated since he practically left his baby momma bc he was too committed to the gym rather then her and the baby last summer lol
Looking at the stats I would agree Dennis, Fox, or Tatum would have been great for the Lakers. However having watched from start to finish the majority of Lakers games he does things that don't show up on a stat sheet. Remember for a short while Dennis was in the ROY talks early on last year, which is why I was blah on the Luka talk this season. I was like blah heard it all before.

Regarding Lonzo he checks out of games to much and doesn't impact them in other ways. He has a lot of work to do this summer, he basically has to be working on his game 20 hours a day to hit all the areas. Shooting, free throws, putting on weight, watching film, finishing, and improving his eating.

I was also watching that segment, wife turned on the game. I was like I don't want to see that **** season is done.

After bron's interview about him and rondo getting hurt he went down a list of every west playoff team that had injuries and talked about how they still had a chance when he got back but the chemistry was dead. Basically called lebron on his bs and didn't let him spin that narrative about his injury when that's not the real issue
Exactly after the AS break they had plenty of time to make a serious push, but that wasn't his agenda. He only wanted to make it look like it.

I was high on Mark Jackson for a coaching replacement, but after listening to that segment I am out on him. Dude still drinking the LeBron juice.
giphy.gif

:frown: seeing this vs load management. boy do I miss kobe

Still remember that day like yesterday. I was streaming the game at work by myself doing OT. Then after the achillies happened, I closed the store shut it all down and just bawled. I knew almost 20 years of lakers as I knew it and my childhood was over. Still love the Lakers but I loved those Lakers

Media laughing at Van Gundy for saying we should look into trading Lebron. Mostly by people that don't actually watch Laker games. Not saying we should do it...but if you're not thinking about it, then you are not doing your job as a Lakers exec.

Would much rather have youngsters and Kawhi then having youngsters and Lebron. Window is much bigger with the former.

would also much rather have one or two our youngsters and KD/Kyrie then what we have now

Luke and his staff firing back.

If I had to pick between Luke and Magic, i'm taking Luke all day
https://www.silverscreenandroll.com...opez-javale-mcgee-michael-beasley-free-agency

According to Bill Oram of The Athletic, not everyone — in this case, Luke Walton and his coaching staff — was on board with swapping out Julius Randle and Brook Lopez in favor of JaVale McGee, Michael Beasley and Lance Stephenson.

After delivering James in July, Johnson ignored the pleas of the coaching staff that he retain Brook Lopez and Julius Randle. Instead, he signed controversial and limited journeymen JaVale McGee, Michael Beasley and Lance Stephenson.

Imagine stepping into a position you have zero experience at and overriding an entire coaching staff who had a hand in actually improving the organization in each of the last two years. The hubris is astonishing, and needs to go.

Now, in both cases, it was fairly obvious early on with both players that the Lakers had different plans at last season’s end. Randle started the season on the bench and was playing so few minutes there was a nightly riot in Lakers Twitter on the subject. That is (at least in part) on Walton. Lopez at one point grew so tired and frustrated with how he was being treated that he covered his face with a towel and left the bench to collect himself. Again, it’s fair to infer that Walton is not blameless in that.

And as convenient as it would be — especially for Walton — to just blame Johnson and Pelinka for Lopez’s departure, and while they do deserve some criticism, it’s not that simple. While Lopez has said all the right things publicly, that lack of consistent communication on his role and position within the organization made it so he wasn’t all that interested in returning to the Lakers, and by the time the summer rolled around, it’s unlikely Johnson and Pelinka could have brought him back no matter how the coaching staff felt.

The only question is if you fire Luke, which seems evident, who do you replace him with?

Mark Jackson? Ty Lu? Stan Van Gundy?

There isn't someone out there that really seems like someone who can make a huge difference.

Almost as big as the Max Free Agent spot, I think bringing in the right coach or even keeping Luke will be a really big decision.

luke just gotta change up his rotation/sub/minute management principles

gotta also get a new offensive and defensive folk tho lol cuz his systems on both are no good

The only question is if you fire Luke, which seems evident, who do you replace him with?

Mark Jackson? Ty Lu? Stan Van Gundy?

There isn't someone out there that really seems like someone who can make a huge difference.

Almost as big as the Max Free Agent spot, I think bringing in the right coach or even keeping Luke will be a really big decision.

You never know who will become available for this job. Lakers didn't due their diligence last couple times with their coaching searches so they'd be prudent to do so this time. And for the love of Jeanie stop saying they're aren't any better options. Puke is a TRASH coach. They're better options than to just keep floundering with him.

Now everybody is reporting that the season turned that game in December Brooklyn when Bron said he wanted to play with AD. That's where the fracture began, the kids no longer trusted him cause they know what implications those comments meant.

Back
Top Bottom