**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Post-Achilles Boogie? No thanks.

At this point, I'm leaning towards AD or bust

Yup. I would avoid Boogie AT ALL costs.

What’s stopping them from signing place holder 1 year contacts again if they fail next summer and wait for 2020 Anthony Davis free agency?

Something to ponder....

Michael Jordan: 5,590 more field goals than free throws

LeBron James: 5,395 more field goals than free throws

Kobe Bryant: 4,035 more field goals than free throws

Kevin Durant: 2,219 more field goals than free throws

James Harden: 193 more free throws than field goals
you should post this in the nba thread. get them flop boyz panties in a bunch

I’m convinced Bron Bron knows KD is coming too.

Lebron is not leaving his career up to chance. We’re talking about an athlete that’s been more in command of his career than damn near any Nba player of all time.

They would’ve BEEN traded for Beal if Lebron/Magic/Pelinka knew that KD or even Leonard (even tho I think leonard is going to the clippers) had no desire to play for the Lakers.

All this is speculation and my opinion but it’s just my read of the situation.

I know y’all remember who did this show for Bron last season. Look how that turned out. :nerd:

“Knowing KD is coming” is leaving it up to chance because even if KD told Lebron he’ll come, Lebron is assuming a man won’t change his mind in a year’s time.

Is it hard simultaneously beating a LeBron hater and a Laker fan? Does LeBron being on the team diminish your excitement for the team's success? Be honest.

Not at all. I'm on my Thanos ish. This season is a warmup and ultimately inconsequential I'm always looking at the long term and reading the situation. I was always weary about getting on the Bron train, I gave him a chance but dudes a hypocrite and the brand of ball we've been playing isn't actually how I would prefer.

Not at all. I'm on my Thanos ish. This season is a warmup and ultimately inconsequential I'm always looking at the long term and reading the situation. I was always weary about getting on the Bron train, I gave him a chance but dudes a hypocrite and the brand of ball we've been playing isn't actually how I would prefer.

I'm not sure if we're watching the same games or not but you realize that "LeBron ball" is the only reason that we have a winning record, right? You know how many close games we won this season in the fourth quarter solely because LeBron took over?

LeBron isn't a hypocrite, he's helping us win. Would you rather let Ingram, Kuzma and Ball do their thing and be below .500 because that's the alternative.

At the end of the day, it just comes down to what you'd rather see. Would you rather be a playoff team and win a lot of games with Lebron or would you rather watch the young guys develop NBA lottery team again.

Also, I'd like to dispel this myth that LeBron is somehow hurting these young guys. LeBron is looking to see who steps up and so far it's been Hart and Kuzma and not Ball and Ingram.

LeBron is looking for a good #2 guy and as we've seen with Kuzma, he's more than willing to let them be aggressive if they show a willingness to be. As long as Ingram continues to take awful contested turnaround 18 fters and Ball continues to miss layups and shoot below 40%, we're stuck with "LeBron ball"

People use to be Laker fans and Kobe haters at the same time because they didn’t like how he played despite the team winning

Same thing with Bron is what I’m seeing with some fans. And that’s ok

People use to be Laker fans and Kobe haters at the same time because they didn’t like how he played despite the team winning

Same thing with Bron is what I’m seeing with some fans. And that’s ok

Ding ding ding. Now Bron stans wanna act all brand new. FOH and Kobe had way more brand equity with the Lakers. Bron ain't done **** in purple and gold yet.

Lakers will win. Book it.

Hopefully McGee doesn’t play, this is possibly the only ways Luke will play wagner.

why is KD a sure thing now? :lol: especially after the not so subtle dig at lebron a couple weeks ago.

the master plan has always been lebron and AD. unibrow signing with klutch is no mere coincidence.

Everybody has their own interpretation but to me kd's comments weren't significant. He was attacking the media more than anything and basically explaining why Kyrie wanted out

ev7ay4n4xi421.jpg

NRH9.gif

Other than “duh, it’s LA” does anyone have a good reason why KD should sign with the Lakers over just re-upping with GS this summer?

The best basketball fit is with the Warriors. The best legacy move is probably the Knicks or Nets.

Other than “duh, it’s LA” does anyone have a good reason why KD should sign with the Lakers over just re-upping with GS this summer?

The best basketball fit is with the Warriors. The best legacy move is probably the Knicks or Nets.

Good point on Warriors, especially if they win another chip
I’m actually worried about the clips. That organization never been to the conference finals. Can you imagine what winning a chip there would do to his legacy?

How was that not a foul on the hornets on that LeBron dunk attempt? Push from the baxk

Back
Top Bottom