**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

The KCP signing and bron watching Kuz/Zo in summer league pretty much was the writing on the wall

Always his destiny to be a SG in the half court unless he unexpectedly developed some wiggle in his dribble game and shot creation.

So really needs to improve something offensively to be an effective NBA player because right now his offenses so bad he's almost playing himself off the court. He's not athletic enough to consistently get by defenders and he's not skilled enough to finish at the rim even if he doed. Couple that with the fact that he can't shoot to save his life and it's a no wonder he has one of the worst shooting percentages in the league.

I still think we're getting a max free agent. Just a matter of which one

It depends on what your definition of Max is. I'd be glad to max out Kevin Durant or Kawhi Leonard, but I'd be pissed if we maxed out a player like Chris Middleton.

So really needs to improve something offensively to be an effective NBA player because right now his offenses so bad he's almost playing himself off the court. He's not athletic enough to consistently get by defenders and he's not skilled enough to finish at the rim even if he doed. Couple that with the fact that he can't shoot to save his life and it's a no wonder he has one of the worst shooting percentages in the league.
If he tightened his dribble and worked on his footwork (Hi Kobe!), it would help immensely.

Not feeling good about this road trip. Javale likely out and Kemba going for 50. Nets have had some good wins. Wiz still got Beal and Wall and they’ll be hype to play us cuz of all the Laker fans in DC firing them up.

P let me know if I'm off on this one, but let's take a look at our path with/without LBJ:

Currently with LBJ
Lebron/young core/max spot this summer

Without LBJ (possibilities)
Julius Randle on a near max contract, PG and the young core?
PG, the young core and a max spot going into this summer?
Young core, 2 max spots this summer

So from what I'm reading, some of you guys would rather go with the latter??

Honestly for me it's AD or bust, he's young enough, doesn't have any rings and in 3 years Lebron will be gone and it could be his team.
I'm salivating at the prospect of Kuz/Ingram/Hart rising up though and being ready to take over.

I'm not really a fan of Zo, its a mixture of his body language, aggression and just overall playing style that isn't for me when I watch him. When I watch Kuz I see he's trying and willing to epically fail, when I see Hart I see the same thing and even though I'm not sold on his playing style I see it in Ingram.

I yell at the TV and at certain players and the phrase I find myself yelling at Zo the most is "DO SOMETHING" "OK GO GET THE BALL." "GET A MID RANGE JUMPER"
the others I'm like "That was a bad shot." "Should've gone left." "You couldn't make that pass." I've also seen Zo get blocked,picked or foul and most times he immediately puts his head down in a puppy dog sort of way before he trots back, or get set. That doesn't sit right with me at all.

I hope I'm wrong, because I definitely believe in the hype that those 4 players without Lebron could be extremely dangerous for years to come if they stick with it. I just have stuff I'm worried about.

Hopefully McGee only misses one game. One thing going for us is that LeBron hardly ever loses in Charlotte. I think Kuz has a big game today

Kemba is a tough cover for Javale, so him missing the game could be a blessing in disguise.

P let me know if I'm off on this one, but let's take a look at our path with/without LBJ:

Currently with LBJ

This. I don't understand those fans who didn't want LeBron. Our other options sucked. We know now that PG wasn't coming here anyway. Would y'all really rather pay Randle $20m/year and roll with the rest of the young guys than have Lebron, a max slot and the young core?

Everybody knows the economics of the young guys. Maginka did everything to set the table to make take advantage of these 2 seasons when so many marquee guys were available.

What many didn't think is that signing Lebby would facilitate us getting rid of the young guys when we have another max slot just there for the taking. I don't think anybody would have a problem with another guy joining then trading for AD. But that's not what's looking like will happen. Just gotta hope Kuz continues to develop into an all star caliber player.

Ideally it was Bron + max guy + AD (trading young core) with a long term window after Bron is done with the other 2 guys .

Looks like Bron + AD (trading young core) with maybe a 2 year window at best.

If no max free agent joins this summer our window shrinks in half to be contenders.
Also remember if we go to th Lebron system (building moves for what suits him) Lakers are going to be bad in his last 2 season with the Lakers and the team will be cavs 3.0 after he leaves smh

Currently with LBJ

I actually would go with
Young core + 2 max spots this summer
This way we can get 2 young max players that will have the opportunity to start at the same time to blend with the young core
And long term will help Lakers balance out the young talent playing time for the future

Reactions: MVP
Biggest key to all of this is Golden State.

Durant, Klay, Dray, and.......Boogie.

IF, I say IF, Boogie comes back healthy, he could be another option. (Not one that I want, just another option)

Durant, Kawhi, Klay are my 3 fav targets. Middelton would be 4th.

Then deal for AD, obviously. The key is, can we keep Kuz, or Ball, or Hart? I wouldn't want to give all 4 of them away.

AD, Bron, Middelton, Ball is still pretty damn nice, and if KD left GS, we'd have a window there. (And this is the lowest case scenario)

Gotta see what happens in the playoffs. Hope Magic and Bron can make the right pitch to someone.

I actually would go with
This way we can get 2 young max players that will have the opportunity to start at the same time to blend with the young core
And long term will help Lakers balance out the young talent playing time for the future

Yeah because another year below .500 would really lure in the big name FAs. Do y'all know how many years we had money in free agency and didn't even get meetings? Y'all forgot about Alridge, KD, Melo, and Derozen?

I actually would go with
Who are these 2 YOUNG realistic max players?

At this point I’m just praying the Blazers fall off so we can send Lonzo, KCP, Hart, and Zu, etc. for Dame

Yeah because another year below .500 would really lure in the big name FAs. Do y'all know how many years we had money in free agency and didn't even get meetings? Y'all forgot about Alridge, KD, Melo, and Derozen?

We wouldn't have been below .500. We weren't getting meetings because of incompetent management. Magic gave us credibility. I'd say we'd be in the position to actually get KD and Kawhi which is infinitely better long term but now at least one is going across the hallway smh.

Swear we were 7-18 with some of yalls reactions.

Why folks think nobody is coming here next summer? Cuz woj said so? Lol

They’re not superstars but TC chose the Lakers over the Warriors and every other team in the league. Ariza wanted to go the Lakers over the Rockets and every other team in the league.

Just relax man. If nobody signs this summer then let the choppa sing.

I don’t even think PG would’ve signed here if Lebron came or not. Russy & OKC brainwashed him to stay. Bruh made his decision before Lebron even announced.

We would’ve been *****ing and complaining about how Sacramento’s rebuild is going better than ours if Bron didn’t sign.

Lebron is the savior the Lakers needed :pimp:
We’re gunna win a title with Bron just have patience.

Back
Top Bottom