**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

This kind of dumb *** logic would have had Ingram outta here in a same situation last year.

It takes longer for that light to click for some players.

Trading Lonzo after 1 game where he just got cleared to play a week ago after not playing basketball since March is grade A dumb ****.
the lakers are in a conundrum. they don't have thel uxury of patience because lebron perhaps has a 2-3 year window before we see a steep drop in both athleticism and production. are you willing to throw this rare opportunity just so the lakers can coddle 2 prospects?

Lots of teams/dumb GM’s trade for potential....youth and hope is an asset itself. Plus we live in a world where the Hawks play in the NBA....

Lonzo is coming off a meniscus injury, he’s fine.

Aight, so you have no real answer, just throwing something at the wall. :lol:

Wrong... this has nothing to do with “one game”, read again.....

Wrong....I’d absolutely keep Ingram.....

Keep trying tho

At this point last season and coming off a lackluster rookie campaign I doubt you would have. He struggled the first couple months of last season as well. It's an asinine assertion.

The ideal Lonzo fits with this team.

I was in the barber shop arguing with this dude for like an hour and he talking bout Rondo should be the starter even after Zo gets back up to speed. I wish he would have told me at the beginning that he just was a Lebron fan and I wouldn't have engaged. He didn't even watch the Lakers last year and trying to speak on ideal roles.

emrx3l4vh7t11.jpg

HV1IzB.gif

Man please if I worked out Zo and saw those bricks and that form, then worked out Tatum and saw the silky smooth moves....no way in hell im taking Zo and that whole family . Son can’t even contemplate shooting while his body moves to the right with that trash form

Magic and Lavar got duped by some pancakes and dreams of marketing a hometown star. FOH

Everyone’s argument predraft was “why draft Tatum when we have Ingram?” Same thing Blazers did with MJ/Drexler
I'm sure Ingram was part of it but Tatum was not expected to be this type of scorer. Most thought he would be an inefficient pound the ball and shoot midrangers type of guy (which he kinda is, just really really good at it). The big surprise is him shooting 3s so well, I really didn't see that happening.

My issue is yall cherry picking Tatum and Mitchell. The vocal majority wanted Fox and Josh Jackson.

Reactions: DLF
im pretty sure a lot of people preferred tatum over zo. but lavar did a helluva job marketing his son and magic and laker fans got bamboozled.

LOL stop lying. I'm as salty as anybody else about picking Zo over Tatum now but I'm not going to do some revisionist history s**t and say that I knew any of this pre-draft. I can't find one major outlet that had us drafting Tatum over Zo. Most didn't have Tatum higher than Zo on their big board.

I can't find one major outlet that had us drafting Tatum over Zo. Most didn't have Tatum higher than Zo on their big board.
see, this is the problem. the source that you're citing are part of the culprit why lonzo was so highly regarded- he ended up 2nd overall despite of the tremendous flaws :rofl:

I was all in during the draft. I checked every mock draft. I watched lots of videos on YouTube of different players And analysts. etc. I think our board was:

Fultz , Lonzo, Fox, Jackson...

I believe we tried trading back but everyone knew we wanted Lonzo, so they figured we would take him anyways with the number 2. Thus, Phoenix and sac said no to moving up since there was no fear we would take their player. Had we been less transparent, maybe Phoenix or sac gets scared and trades up to number 2 to their “their” guy. We goofed there. But no, we never had Tatum that high. Most people didn’t. Everyone thought he was Rudy Gay part 2

At this point last season and coming off a lackluster rookie campaign I doubt you would have. He struggled the first couple months of last season as well. It's an asinine assertion.

1 game Into his second season ...”he’s had too many chances”

Coupe gotta stay off the booga suga

Na it’s pretty simple, maximize LeBron’s tenure in L.A. by any means necessary...

Lebron came here to play with us knowing damn well what we were gonna ride with

This ain’t about maximizing **** for lebron
He already handicapped us by “letting” us give kcp another bag

It's not simple cuz you can't give a real answer. :lol:

I gave you a real answer, trade Lonzo for shooters. He doesn’t fit, he’s never going to be a great shooter, and the most worrying thing is he’s absolutely terrible around the rim. His finishing is pathetic....

But the pro’s about Lonzo is that he’s ridiculously young and has potential to get better. That alone is an asset that many teams would trade for... so trade him.

Outside of that, I can’t give you the players who I’d trade for Lonzo, I’m not Rob Palinka :lol: - but there are plenty of simple knockdown shooters who’d make the Lakers better overall, especially when LeBron and Rondo have the ball...

This!!

He knew this year was a wash. Kcp at the amount he’s getting this year. We coulda signed a great player for that much (maybe Randle for 1 year at 16 mill)

I was all in during the draft. I checked every mock draft. I watched lots of videos on YouTube of different players And analysts. etc. I think our board was:

Fultz , Lonzo, Fox, Jackson...

I believe we tried trading back but everyone knew we wanted Lonzo, so they figured we would take him anyways with the number 2. Thus, Phoenix and sac said no to moving up since there was no fear we would take their player. Had we been less transparent, maybe Phoenix or sac gets scared and trades up to number 2 to their “their” guy. We goofed there. But no, we never had Tatum that high. Most people didn’t. Everyone thought he was Rudy Gay part 2

Exactly, everybody is trying to go into the past and say they knew Tatum would be better than Zo when they know dang well they didn't feel that way on pre-draft. Next year, the narrative is gonna "why did the Lakers pick Zo? Everybody knew Tatum would be better!"

This is the same way I feel about D'lo. I'm pissed he didn't work out but I can't be mad at them for picking Dlo, he was the consensus #2 player in that draft.

I gave you a real answer, trade Lonzo for shooters. He doesn’t fit, he’s never going to be a great shooter, and the most worrying thing is he’s absolutely terrible around the rim. His finishing is pathetic....

But the pro’s about Lonzo is that he’s ridiculously young and has potential to get better. That alone is an asset that many teams would trade for... so trade him.

Outside of that, I can’t give you the players who I’d trade for Lonzo, I’m not Rob Palinka :lol: - but there are plenty of simple knockdown shooters who’d make the Lakers better overall, especially when LeBron and Rondo have the ball...

So a team is gonna trade this great shooter for a player coming off surgery and rusty. :lol: Aight man.

Yes, so every major basketball outlet was wrong but these unknown, uncited sources are right, got it. :lol:. Bro, go home.
that's not what I was suggesting. i said these outlets are part of the problem and why lavar was able to throw his sales pitch which in turn bamboozled magic and the laker fans. :rofl:

That’s absolutely stupid and ridiculous unless you interpreted it wrong...

Maximize LeBron James’ TALENT on the court, maximize the best player in the world for the next 4 years, that’s not even arguable. Get him a team that makes sense by any means necessary.

I’m not talking about maximizing GM LeBron, GM LeBron is like GM Jordan, that doesn’t work.

Back
Top Bottom