**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I still think Deng can provide solid minutes as long as he doesn't play the 3. I'm in for Deng at the 5 :nerd: :lol:

As far as the draft goes... I wanted Rob Williams in the first, that was dumb on my part lol.

I would've took Melton over Bonga but whatever they went with the potential, I get it.

Svi looks like a homer. Bravo.

Would've loved Mitchell Robinson but the Knicks jumped on that. Good for them.

stopped reading at deng can provide solid minutes

deng the player dont even exist anymore, just his contract
let it be and look to trade it as an expiring next summer.
the roster is set, let em play it out

Nah I still think Deng can play if given the right opportunity.

Deng is not a 3 anymore. Playing him there is stupid. He is not a NBA level player at the 3. Luol Deng is a 4. That is where he is most effective.

Last year, Randle/Kuz/Nance took all of his playing time. Once the season was lost, those players needed those minutes for developmental reasons. Deng was also shutdown to avoid injuries that would make him harder to trade.

I know the Lakers are just gunna hide him in bubble wrap but I'm just curious how Deng would look at the 5 because i know Bron wants to avoid playing there as much as possible.

Playing Deng at the 4 is something they should take a hard look into.

Last year you had Randle, this year you don't. Put him in there see if he improved his conditioning and if the year break helped him if not its okay you lost nothing.

Deng is washed up. He can't play no mo. Thibs killed his knees and he had blood issues I believe.

Playing Deng at the 4 is something they should take a hard look into.

Last year you had Randle, this year you don't. .

insert lebron
lbj, kuz and BI will all see minutes at the 4 spots
dont forget we also have a pretty crowded backcourt with zo, rondo, kcp, and hart
and lance backing up the 3

But don’t forget we drafted Isaac Bonga 8 picks before Svi which says something .. even the lakers didn’t feel Svi would be this good (granted summer league) or else they would have taken him earlier.

What does it say? That scouting is an imperfect science and there’s no way to nail every pick?

They did an excellent job for the second straight year. Period.

I still think Deng can provide solid minutes as long as he doesn't play the 3. I'm in for Deng at the 5 :nerd: :lol:

As far as the draft goes... I wanted Rob Williams in the first, that was dumb on my part lol.

I would've took Melton over Bonga but whatever they went with the potential, I get it.

Svi looks like a homer. Bravo.

Would've loved Mitchell Robinson but the Knicks jumped on that. Good for them.

Nah I still think Deng can play if given the right opportunity.

Deng is not a 3 anymore. Playing him there is stupid. He is not a NBA level player at the 3. Luol Deng is a 4. That is where he is most effective.

Last year, Randle/Kuz/Nance took all of his playing time. Once the season was lost, those players needed those minutes for developmental reasons. Deng was also shutdown to avoid injuries that would make him harder to trade.

I know the Lakers are just gunna hide him in bubble wrap but I'm just curious how Deng would look at the 5 because i know Bron wants to avoid playing there as much as possible.
Deng is finished. :lol:

Svi's stroke is NICE. Looking like a more skilled Peja.
kZVE1v.gif
v5ftnU.gif

Svi's stroke is NICE. Looking like a more skilled Peja.
kZVE1v.gif
That pump, side step. 3. Is curry-esque

With dudes closing out hard on him he can either do that or, with his athleticism, attack the rim

Crazy dude already got the harden step back, curry side step, and klay stroke lmao.

can bonga still stay in europe for a year or two? he needs a few more seasons under his belt.

wish we got mitchell robinson who got drafted 3 spots before bonga

I fully expect Portland to blow the Lakers out today.
Double OT last night and missing a couple key guys will hurt.

I fully expect Portland to blow the Lakers out today.
Double OT last night and missing a couple key guys will hurt.
Yup. Plus we missing Wagner to guard swanigan. As long as we made the finals and hart got mvp that’s all I cared about

Back
Top Bottom