**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

pelicans offer is a player option on the second year

no way lakers were gonna give him a player option for the second year

It's 9 mil. That's not going to compromise their ability to get a 2nd max guy. He wanted a 4 or 5 year deal probably at big money. No sense in making that kind of commitment for a guy who ultimately wasn't able to get squat on the open market. He played himself. NO probably ain't even a playoff team next year.

You also left out this part of the Momo quote:

Wasn't just financially driven and he ASKED to get out.

randle would have made 12.4 million had he taken the qualifying offer. he most likely is opting out of his contract next year in hopes of cashing in on all the teams with capspace. him asking to be released and then only signing for essentially a one year 9 million deal says he didn't want to be here.

So you just going to flat out ignore the part about him being mad about his role going forward?

You gonna ignore the part about him wanting a long term commitment?

I never did. I simply said he asked to be released. Which he did and that it wasn't just about the finances.

He wanted to be here long term but was mad about his role going forward? How that make sense?

Combination of things most likely. Wanted to be here long term but in a bigger role, saw the writing on the wall and asked to be renounced. Prob had his agent in his ear too.

He didn't want to be here but he was seeking a long term deal to stay here. That makes sense?

Well he didn't take a long term elsewhere though. It doesn't make sense. Couldn't have been that much about the money. He goofed.

Last edited:
Yea just the fact that he didn't ask to be renounced until basically the end of free agency kinda tells me he wanted to work something out but I don't know

End of free agency? It was the 2nd day of free agency. The moratorium hadn't even ended. He hadn't even gotten an offer sheet from anybody else.

If he's entering free agency again next year, that clearly means if he REALLY wanted to be here like you said he would, he could have signed that qualifying offer or waited until somebody offered him a longer term deal. He did neither AND ended up taking less to play in NO. He let his dumb *** agent play him. Like he played PG.

So was in that Nowitzki screen from behind that tore Zo’s meniscus? How the hell did he get hurt? Smh

Sounds like he wanted to be here. FO lost a huge asset for nothing

Long term contract him and his agent were asking and looking for a contract starting at $15 to $18 million per season. Which he isnt worth when that would have killed cap space for next season when Kawhi, Klay, and other better free agents will be available.

Bron signing here everyone knows he will play a ton of minutes at PF and with Kuz getting minutes there with BI playing most of his time at SF.

Randle if he signed for a 1+1 would have b*tched about his lacking of playing time at the PF and the lack of touches he would have gotten next season in Luke's offense.

Long term contract him and his agent were asking and looking for a contract starting at $15 to $18 million per season. Which he isnt worth when that would have killed cap space for next season when Kawhi, Klay, and other better free agents will be available.

Bron signing here everyone knows he will play a ton of minutes at PF and with Kuz getting minutes there with BI playing most of his time at SF.

Randle if he signed for a 1+1 would have b*tched about his lacking of playing time at the PF and the lack of touches he would have gotten next season in Luke's offense.

Fax.

This would explain the apprehension about his role going forward. We know he was effective as a small ball C but maybe dude didn't want to have all that responsibility going forward because Bron and Kuz are going to eat up those minutes at PF. He would have basically had to play Draymond's role for the entire time to get consistent minutes which even Draymond doesn't do.

Randle didn't wanna be here after Bron signed. He knew he wasn't getting a long term deal and wouldn't get the sufficient playing time in LA to get cashed out next year. He ASKED to be renounced. The Lakers didn't have to do that. They could've squeezed him and made him sign the QO but he didn't want to play the 5 here. It is what it is.

I was a fan of the 2014 & 2015 draft classes but we got Lebron ******* James on the squad now. I would give all those guys up every time for LeBron. It's not like we have nothing to show for those ****** years. Everything worked out.

Back
Top Bottom