**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

If Lakers do make it to the finals and lose to Boston or Philly... means LeBron is cursed by the ghost of Lenny Cooke

A lot of pleasant surprises are in store for this upcoming season. I can feel it.

Lakers are gonna surprise a lot of people next season.

I think playing with the best player in the league is going to open things up a lot for Ingram and kuzma. They had a lot of success last year that as primary scoring options with no shooters. With LeBron drawing so much attention and some additional shooters, I really look forward to seeing how Ingram progresses. I expect him and kuzma to be a lot more efficient next season.

Who the **** would be surprised by a LeBron James led team?...

Are you kidding me? People are already writing us off. They've already said things like "why would LeBron go there? They're not even close to being contenders." Calling us a fringe playoff team, etc. There are plenty of people doubting us.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"> Not sure if legit or just a temporary jersey switch graphic... (h/t <a href="https://twitter.com/hdotdiga?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@hdotdiga</a> for the find). Gonna mock up the Icon jersey...stand by. <a href="https://t.co/Y6MH5yx4DZ">pic.twitter.com/Y6MH5yx4DZ</a></p>&mdash; Conrad Burry (@conradburry) <a href="">July 7, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This what they're gonna look like, possibly?

Damn, I haven't embedded anything in so long lol. Amateur hour.

Who else looked at that kuz photo admiring those cheeks?

And okc is releasing melo to save paying stupid luxury tax. Why the **** would they take on more money with deng. These articles are written by idiots

Who else looked at that kuz photo admiring those cheeks?

And okc is releasing melo to save paying stupid luxury tax. Why the **** would they take on more money with deng. These articles are written by idiots

This isn't football, NBA players have guaranteed contracts. Even if the Thunder part ways with Carmelo, they still have to figure out a way to get his money off of their books. They have a couple of options. They can buy him out, they can stretch his contract or they can trade him. If the Thunder made that proposed trade (Melo for Deng and a 1st rounder), they could immediately stretch Dengs contract over 5 years and it would save them around $80m this upcoming season. It would help us because we only have one year of Melo and his contract as opposed to two years of Deng.

It's not as crazy as it sounds.

This isn't football, NBA players have guaranteed contracts. Even if the Thunder part ways with Carmelo, they still have to figure out a way to get his money off of their books. They have a couple of options. They can buy him out, they can stretch his contract or they can trade him. If the Thunder made that proposed trade (Melo for Deng and a 1st rounder), they could immediately stretch Dengs contract over 5 years and it would save them around $80m this upcoming season. It would help us because we only have one year of Melo and his contract as opposed to two years of Deng.

It's not as crazy as it sounds.
Ahh true.. just read the article and this does make sense for both teams

https://thunderousintentions.com/2018/07/02/lebron-james-carmelo-anthony-lakers/

Lakers trade Deng and a 1st for Melo I kinda like it. Thoughts?

We get a useful player for a season and Melos expiring contract that comes off the books after the season. The asking price is also alot lower than in other trades.bute first round pick is a lot to give up.

Doesn’t work cap wise.

Lakers have $56.6mil in LeBron, KCP & Rondo.
$20.9mil in Lonzo, BI, Kuz, Hart, Wagner, Bonga & Zu
$18mil in Luol

That leaves $5.5 mil in cap space.
Melo makes a little more than $9.9 mil more than Deng. Can’t make the trade.

Would have to add 4.5 mil on top of Deng. And the only guys who would make sense Zu & Bonga is only $2.7mil

Also it’s a really awful trade. Team either needs to add a 2 or a 5. Any other position is just taking away from guys you actually want to play.

Just sign Brook and they should be don’t with it.

Not worth it, Not at the expense of a ton of minutes taken away from Ingram & Kuzma over the course of a season.

Back
Top Bottom