**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

https://twitter.com/Lakers/status/1015344244230217733
"There's no such thing as 'Playoff Rondo.'" - Rajon Rondo

Welp. Rondo dismissed this notion to The New York Times' Marc Stein last week, calling it a myth.

We're here to say that Playoff Rondo is very, very real. Be it in Boston or Chicago or now New Orleans (nothing to see here, Dallas), Rondo's ability to rise to the occasion is statistically unmatched in today's NBA. He is the only player out of our pool who scores more, rebounds more, assists more, steals more, blocks more and turns it over less when the games matter more. It's also true through the lens of player efficiency rating, as Rondo leads all active players in our group in largest increase (16.4 to 18.5), edging out Green.

Call it a myth if you want, but the numbers don't lie. All signs point to Rondo being the one player who undeniably gets better when the lights shine brightest.
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23388835/these-nba-players-step-their-game-most-playoffs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL3StHCoW6s

Last edited:
I don't like, or want Melo. But......if he's paid, and gets like 1 M from us, and plays off the bench.....and we can still re-sign Brooke....

Ball/Rondo/
KCP/Lance
Ingram/Melo
Bron/Kuzma/Wagner
Brooke/Javale

That's not beating GSW, but that's a good enough team for year 1, and we still have all our space for next year to bring in a big star, not to mention we still have parts to make a trade if anything comes available.

If we go back to these jerseys I'll be legit broke

$_57.JPG

Last edited:
I like bonga the most out of all 3 picks
I think would if I saw a little more explosiveness. Doesn't seem all that athletic from the vids I saw.

Lack of athleticism and jumper scares me.

Svi seems like a lock to be a good role player.

I remember a couple weeks before July 1 people were saying we were looking to absorb Wilson chandler bc of the picks that would come with him. Just occurred to me that they starting looking at that as an option bc that’s when they probably heard about PGs intentions

Not for anything but Tony Parker left Spurs to sign with the Hornets.

Someone make sense of this in regards to Kawhi

No diffeeence. Hornets were stupid enough to give him 10 mill over 2 years.

Spurs wanted to give him vet minimum.

He chose the money. Ain’t like they didn’t bring him back to appease kawhi

On a side note, Aaron holiday KILLING IT in summer league thus far. The next Donavan Mitchell.

Wasn’t it TP and Manu that commented on Kawhi’s injury? This sounds like TP leaves, Manu retires, Kawhi stays. Smh

Wasn’t it TP and Manu that commented on Kawhi’s injury? This sounds like TP leaves, Manu retires, Kawhi stays. Smh
Next offseason Kiwi gonna have a espn 3 part special... I had a change of heart.. I will always have love for Moreno Valley... blah blah... *Signs super max

Ok cool. I couldn’t remember if Manu was apart of it. But still, with TP gone, I think Pop gets KL to stay.

Manu commented on the injury too, but it was more of "We've got to assume he won't be back this season" instead of questioning Kawhi like TP and Pop did.

Back
Top Bottom