**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Lou Will getting at least $15M this summer

We could end up having around that amount even after 2 max deals if they do end up getting rid of JC, Randle and Nance and stretch Deng. Think that gives us 74 million in cap space, hopefully the salary cap bumps up a bit with the boost in revenue the league should see this season.

People that panicked or wanted Zo out the first couple months are all so quiet right now.
Like it's the first time these people ever saw a rook or they never followed Zo in the first
place. Talking out their *ss.
Like I said from the start, I'm sticking with Zo. Give that dude 4 years and he's an All Star
for sure.

We could end up having around that amount even after 2 max deals if they do end up getting rid of JC, Randle and Nance and stretch Deng. Think that gives us 74 million in cap space, hopefully the salary cap bumps up a bit with the boost in revenue the league should see this season.
thats how you end up with no depth

Kinda feel bad for JC. He always talked about wanting to be here when the lakers turned it around. Signed a team friendly deal. Always plays hard and hates to lose

I swear some of you guys crack me up. You guys go back and forth too much. When we're losing (which is most of the time) its 'trade everyone except Kuzma, Zo and BI', we beat two of the worst teams in the league and now its back to '#letthemgrow'. I'll admit when Randle is playing well he's really a great young player whose oozing with potential. The issue is that he's inconstant; next game he'll go out there and turn it over 5 times and force awful shots. We need to accept that the level of play he had last night will be sporadic. I'm still not a fan of giving him the $16m/year he's going to demand in the offseason

Kinda feel bad for JC. He always talked about wanting to be here when the lakers turned it around. Signed a team friendly deal. Always plays hard and hates to lose

He's the type of player who'd thrive on a good team with good coaching. I can see him being awesome for the Spurs. All the skills are there he just needs structure and a coach that will force him to play defense.

4 straight lottery picks
D’entures gone
Juju bout to be gone

Does that mean we drafted poorly since these guys became expendable?

4 straight lottery picks
D’entures gone
Juju bout to be gone

Does that mean we drafted poorly since these guys became expendable?

That's part of it, we all hoped that D'lo would've panned out. It's also that we had a regime change. We went from a ground up, rebuild plan to back to a 'clear the decks for stars' plan. It does suck that we went through those two years of pain and we'll have nothing to show for them.

JC would be crazy in a Warriors uniform. sheeeee'

Who's going back and forth with Zo and Randle? I know I didn't.

Nobody is going back and forth on Zo; there are people who've gone back and forth on Randle. The back and forth isn't in regards to his talent; in a vacuum we'd all love to keep him. The point of contention whether he's worth the big money he's going to demand this summer (I'm thinking upwards of $16m/year) and is he worth sacrificing a second star to keep? Is the Lebron and PG plan worth abandoning in order to keep Randle?

depends on who basically.
I really believe he is a necessity for an eventual championship run.
Works hard and is young only 23 years old.
Even if we're getting DMC, I still see Randle as a necessary part of the equation.
Trade Kuz for PG package.

I could definitely be 100% wrong, but I'm piecing a championship caliber team in my head. We won't need
Kuzma, PG and BI. But we do need a versatile big man with elite cap for defense.

I swear some of you guys crack me up. You guys go back and forth too much. When we're losing (which is most of the time) its 'trade everyone except Kuzma, Zo and BI', we beat two of the worst teams in the league and now its back to '#letthemgrow'. I'll admit when Randle is playing well he's really a great young player whose oozing with potential. The issue is that he's inconstant; next game he'll go out there and turn it over 5 times and force awful shots. We need to accept that the level of play he had last night will be sporadic. I'm still not a fan of giving him the $16m/year he's going to demand in the offseason

So you're saying a guy who's 23 can be "inconstant"

Riveting.

Randle is a very good young player with flaws that may or may not be corrected
The thing that sux is we have to let him go just to have a chance to get big names. We’re not guaranteed to get those big names

Hopefully Magic and Rob think this thoroughly before "hoping" someone will sign with us....If we trade all our depth and have nothing to show for it...ouch.

Hopefully Magic and Rob think this thoroughly before "hoping" someone will sign with us....If we trade all our depth and have nothing to show for it...ouch.

That's the risk we run. I don't want to argue about the D'lo trade but it all started with that. Giving away young assets for nothing is a losing proposition unless you KNOW for a fact you're signing a big star. Giving up Dlo, Clarkson, Randle and Nance for cap space we never fill would make us that laughing stock of the league. All we can do is trust Magic and Rob.

Back
Top Bottom