**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

The only dudes wanting Porzingis in a Laker uniform were Mychal Thompson, Chad Ford and garcia (I forget his exact SN) here on NT.

The only dudes wanting Porzingis in a Laker uniform were Mychal Thompson, Chad Ford and garcia (I forget his exact SN) here on NT.

True. But maybe if we attended those workouts like Mitch and Jim did, we would think differently. Oh well, doesn't matter now but that kid is amazing.

True. But maybe if we attended those workouts like Mitch and Jim did, we would think differently. Oh well, doesn't matter now but that kid is amazing.

I don't know about that... I just don't/didn't trust mich, jim or Byron on talent valuation. The scouts were good. Verbatim, Byron said that Kristaps was way too much of a project compared to Dlo.

Just knowing that Kristaps had been playing professionally in the second best league for a few years putting up solid numbers... how could Byron even come to that conclusion?

Havent posted in here in awhile

Team is developing quite nicely. Ingram's first bad game in some time, not mad at him. He has to bounce back next game in a big way (he almost looked shook on a really big stage).
Cant wait until Ball gains some weight and gets with a real shooting coach this summer (maybe even take some tips from Kevin Martin). If he could be this aggressive every night and not tucked away in his shell for 75% of the game that would make a world of a difference.)

Luke Walton's decision making continues to look funny in the light every game. Although I think he is fine for a young up and coming all around coach but man does he have his issues. He is either over-extending his rotations or pulling players too soon, not coaching 3/4 plays ahead but always reacting from an opponent's run too late. Now I am not saying all of these things happen at once, but he rarely coaches a complete game to give this young team its highest chance to win.
I think Luke really should consider putting a couple forward thinking veteran former head coaches to put on his bench to help him with certain things. I think it would help him a whole lot instead of having young coaches with no NBA experience except an unsuccessful Brian Shaw.

E9CA80E0-5F63-4F79-A61A-037CF26254DD.png
524 for a swingman? I knew they would milk the Kobe retirement stuff...but 524? Nah....

Another Night, another big man goes off. I'm keeping a list:

1. Boogie
2. that random scrub from Boston
3. Embiid (twice)
4. Kristaps
5. Jokic
6. Nurkic

If we draft Porzingawd then it becomes unlikely we end up with both BI and Ball. Hard to say.

He just beat us by himself lol
He’s a player that’s kinda unguardable. Can’t put a traditional 7 foot center (too slow) on him, can’t put an athletic big/wing on him (too small)

Last edited:
I think it's still possible. KP didn't blow up right away, unlikely he's carrying LA out of lottery
by himself.
Possible, sure. Doubt the 2015 season would have been all that different so BI is still a very possible outcome. But all KP had to do was contribute 2 more wins to our team last year and we would have conceded our pick to philly.

KP and BI sounds nice but still not guaranteed. And Zo could be just as much a generational talent as KP is. We'll see

Unbelievable we are behind the Clips despite all their injuries. Maybe Doc is actually a decent coach

anyone in here a season ticket holder? Did they give you guys first dibs on all star saturday night and the All Star game itself? I know tickets for the rising stars, celebrity game and practice sessions came out recently, but no info on the other events.

Back
Top Bottom