LA LAKERS @ BOSTON CELTICS 11/23

Bynum is gonna yam on Garnett!!!
tongue.gif

This will definately be a good game... LAKER PARTY @ my crib!!!

[table][tr][td]Some pregame quotes.

Quote:
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]"Sometimes you just miss them," Bryant said. "You stay with it, you stay aggressive. We all pretty much shot the ball like (garbage). We had control of the game throughout except the fourth quarter, and it was an uphill battle from that point."

Boston, meanwhile, bounced back from its first defeat of the season -- a
two-point road loss against 10-3 Orlando -- with another dominant home effort Wednesday against Golden State. Pierce and Garnett each went 8-for-14 from the field while combining for 39 points and 20 rebounds in the 105-82 victory.

"The good teams in this league never lose two in a row," said Allen, who led the Celtics with 21 points. "When you lose a game, you need to know how to respond."

The Celtics, though, are expecting a challenge when the Lakers come to town. Boston's last four home victories have come against teams that currently have losing records, and three of those wins were over teams from the East, which despite the Celtics' revival, still has a reputation as the inferior conference.

"There are a lot of people talking about how the Western Conference is head over heels above the East," Pierce said. "The Lakers will be a good test for us."

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?id=3123654&sport=nba&ft=ss
[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]Quote:[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Paul Pierce, a 30-year-old native of Inglewood - the Los Angeles neighborhood that contained The Forum - was old enough and knew enough to hate the Celtics during the 1980s.

That's his word, by the way.

"I watched a lot of those games on TV," said the Celtics captain. "I hated the Celtics. But when I was drafted, I was more scared of playing for (Rick) Pitino than being a Celtic."...

"I don't think we've earned the right to be thought of as two elite teams again," said Danny Ainge, who was obviously there when the rivalry still had weight. "The Lakers aren't where they would like to be, and we haven't proved anything yet.

"But these are still two very good teams. If we end up meeting the Lakers in the Finals, then maybe you'll be able to start talking about us again in those terms.

"That's the thing that makes rivalries - playing each other on that level. But history alone doesn't make it."..

"They're good," said Doc Rivers. "Kobe is playing unbelievable basketball. Right now he's going for defensive player of the year."...

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/celtics/view.bg?articleid=1046548[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]Quote:[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
"If you don't know about the Lakers-Celtics history, then you really don't know basketball," Garnett told the Boston Globe. "I'm looking forward to it, and I'm going to enjoy it. I'm going to embrace it. I'm going to try not to get too hyped about it. I'm very much aware of it. The titles. The battles. And the endless battles."...

The Lakers finally broke through, beating the Celtics in the clinching game of the 1985 NBA Finals in Boston Garden. Abdul-Jabbar, a special assistant with the Lakers, was named MVP.

He, too, hopes the rivalry can get back to what it once was.

"Now they've gotten off to a great start, and it looks like they're going to have a great team," Abdul-Jabbar said. "That has to be in place before there can be a rivalry. I'm just hoping this young man (Bynum) continues to show his improvement because that's going to put us in a more elite stratosphere and make it possible for the rivalry to mean something."

http://www.pe.com/sports/breakout/stories/PE_Sports_Local_D_lakers_23.2fab9e7.html

[/td] [/tr][/table]

Lakers' big win in Boston last year is a memory.

The crushing 122-96 victory included chants of 'MVP' for Kobe Bryant in the Celtics' arena. Friday night's matchup will be an entirely different kind of game.

It's a page of Boston sports lore that the local folks would rather not remember..
"It's the most amazing feat in basketball that won't ever show up in the record books," longtime Lakers trainer Gary Vitti said incredulously at the time. "Boston fans yelled "M-V-P" for our guy."...

"They have a lot of talent, they have a lot of firepower," Bryant said. "It's a match-up nightmare for all the coaches. It's tough to devise a plan to match up with them because they have so many weapons."

The Celtics' rejuvenation led Bryant to briefly recall the Lakers-Celtics rivalry of the 1980s.

"I couldn't stand them, man. [Larry] Bird, McHale, [Danny] Ainge?" Bryant said. "Ainge was like a little pest. I couldn't stand the guy. But when you grow older, you understand that it's just beautiful basketball."

Bryant was then asked whether he would welcome a revival of the Lakers-Celtics rivalry.

"If it gets back to that, it means we're playing at a championship level," he said, smiling. "So yes, I would."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp...ory?coll=la-headlines-sports&track=crosspromo[/td] [/tr][/table]

Notes:
Cleveland's LeBron James leads the NBA in scoring by nearly three points per game over Bryant, but said: "A guy out in L.A. is not going to let anybody lead the league in scoring but him."

After going head-to-head with Milwaukee guard Michael Redd in the loss to the Bucks, Bryant said: "I think I worked with him a little too much on those defensive drills in the summertime (with Team USA). It was fun. I learned a lot from him, and I'm sure he learned a lot from me. He and I got there a day early so we had a chance to work out together."

http://www.ocregister.com/sports/lakers-celtics-boston-1928071-trade-bryant[/td] [/tr][/table]

Lets go lakers!

i expect yo hear mvp chants for kobe

Is this going to be live or tape delayed on KCAL?
it's on a 60 min delay
smh.gif

--KG, Pierce and Ray will get their 20-22 a piece.
--Kobe will get his 30.
--Laker bench outscores Celtic bench by 8-10 points.
--Battle of the boards can go +5 or -5 either way.
--Celtics 112 Lakers 101 Final

--Nonetheless, hope for the best. GO LAKERS!!

Originally Posted by 3PLEDOUBLE

laugh.gif
Bout that time of the month that the Lakers go on their 3-4 game losing streak. I fully expect the Celts to dominate the Fakeshow, Ray will outscore Kobe, Pierce is gonna dominate Odom and KG is gonna take a huge dump on the Lakers weak!%#% frontline. Posey, Big baby and House are gonna abuse that overrated Lakers bench. It's gonna be a rout.

Lakers 84 Celtics 122

roll.gif
indifferent.gif

Scalabrine's due for a big game. He's gonna light you guys up for like 18-8.
I won't be surprised if this happens. Bum, unatlethic looking white players always have career games against us, word to Matt Carrol, LinasKleiza and Matt Bonner.
smh.gif

Anyway, i expect a good game. We play well against elite teams. this will be a real challenge for us. Hopefully, we can stay competitive against the throughoutand our balanced attack thwarts their big 3.
pimp.gif

yeah lakers need to play their hearts out and keep those turnovers down. Get some offensive rebounds,assists and get to the line. Keys for them to win thisgame

I hope Ariza plays tonight, we could use him to slow down Pierce.
good look with the link big dummy

damn its a delay for kcal again? looks like ill be trying to avoid this thread so it wont spoil the game for me

Back
Top Bottom