Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

Oh yea I see the difference you're talking about, how do the insoles look. I've seen a few different fake HTMs that have just a plain insole with the Kobe logo, whereas the legit HTMs have a shiny, textured Kobe logo.

sole collector is showing arrow heads with some squared lace aglets on the reflective laces so now it seems like they might be legit....
See this image.

View media item 1893454

So is the verdict that you get two round aglets and two square aglets with each pair? If so, then I only have some crapily matched stock laces at this point....

The pair of Arrowheads you have looks legit to me. Looking at the label on your box, you have the original Milan only release, which is why the aglets are different, and you're supposed to get the 2 rounded aglets and 2 square aglets that you got. I was weirded out too when I originally got my Milan release Race Cars, and they came with 2 gold aglets and 2 gunmetal aglets, not 4 and 4 like I had imagined.

The pair of Arrowheads you have looks legit to me. Looking at the label on your box, you have the original Milan only release, which is why the aglets are different, and you're supposed to get the 2 rounded aglets and 2 square aglets that you got. I was weirded out too when I originally got my Milan release Race Cars, and they came with 2 gold aglets and 2 gunmetal aglets, not 4 and 4 like I had imagined.

So I'm taking what you're saying is I have a really good pair in spite of the mismatched laces... were the milan release something different than the release afterwards?

The shoes from the original Milan release and the global release are not any different. The only differences are in the little extras and details (i.e. Milan release pairs have an extra set of waxed black laces, black suede lace bag, different lace aglets, and a different style code). They're supposed to come with 4 lace aglets period, not 2 sets of 4, like I said. You can either look at it as mismatching, or just use 1 round and 1 square with each shoe, then each foot matches the other.

The shoes from the original Milan release and the global release are not any different. The only differences are in the little extras and details (i.e. Milan release pairs have an extra set of waxed black laces, black suede lace bag, different lace aglets, and a different style code). They're supposed to come with 4 lace aglets period, not 2 sets of 4, like I said. You can either look at it as mismatching, or just use 1 round and 1 square with each shoe, then each foot matches the other.

yup, I have the little bag too. Would you call the waxed lace the one that is on the right side of the photo? It looks like I'm missing a lace of each style that would then make total laces included with the shoes as four total pairs? One regular black with plastic tips, one reflective with aglet screws, one waxed with aglet screws and one nylon looking with aglet screws.... Or am I still mistaken?

ok, nike corporate is zero help on this b/c i bought outside of them. Does anyone know where I can get a proper pair of either lace with the screw tips on them for the aglets?

yup, I have the little bag too. Would you call the waxed lace the one that is on the right side of the photo? It looks like I'm missing a lace of each style that would then make total laces included with the shoes as four total pairs? One regular black with plastic tips, one reflective with aglet screws, one waxed with aglet screws and one nylon looking with aglet screws.... Or am I still mistaken?
Yeah, the waxed lace is the one on the right side of the pic you posted. You should have 3 different sets of laces in all. For instance, the Milan Race Cars that I have came with 1 pair of green laces, 1 pair of black waxed laces, and 1 pair of black regular/nylon laces with plastic tips. I'm able to switch the aglets between the black waxed pair of laces and green pair of laces.

My guess is that they might have mixed up the pair of black waxed laces for your Arrowheads, so that you got 1 black waxed lace matched to 1 black nylon/regular lace.

Yeah, the waxed lace is the one on the right side of the pic you posted. You should have 3 different sets of laces in all. For instance, the Milan Race Cars that I have came with 1 pair of green laces, 1 pair of black waxed laces, and 1 pair of black regular/nylon laces with plastic tips. I'm able to switch the aglets between the black waxed pair of laces and green pair of laces.

My guess is that they might have mixed up the pair of black waxed laces for your Arrowheads, so that you got 1 black waxed lace matched to 1 black nylon/regular lace.

So then I wonder why I have a pair of nylon with regular old plastic tips on them then as well.... Who would keep one of each lace? makes no sense....

What's the lowest anyone's seen the mambacurials for these days? During christmas my local outlet had em for $130 + 20% off and for whatever reason I passed and now I'm fiending for them...I know I probably won't get the chance to get em at that price point again though
mean.gif

What's the lowest anyone's seen the mambacurials for these days? During christmas my local outlet had em for $130 + 20% off and for whatever reason I passed and now I'm fiending for them...I know I probably won't get the chance to get em at that price point again though:smh:

get it while you can,,HOH are dropped to $149 now

get it while you can,,HOH are dropped to $149 now
Word, thanks for the info, I was thinking of calling the local FTL's for their prices having seen them on their site for $180. I see you're in SD, any chance that you saw em for $150 at UTC or fashion?

All kobe x elite hightop n low (except Wtk) are $149 at local ftl, an all other kobe x are $99... Wow alotta shors hittin sale prices mostly all of the signature shoes are on sale rite now!! Lebron, kobe, kd... guess the shoe game is slowing down finally?

ok, nike corporate is zero help on this b/c i bought outside of them. Does anyone know where I can get a proper pair of either lace with the screw tips on them for the aglets?

So you just need the laces for the your aglets?

I have the shark jaw htm and I can't imagine wearing them with the aglets. It bothers the hell out of me just holding the shoes around and hearing and feeling the aglets hitting the shoes. Looks nice but very annoying.

All kobe x elite hightop n low (except Wtk) are $149 at local ftl, an all other kobe x are $99... Wow alotta shors hittin sale prices mostly all of the signature shoes are on sale rite now!! Lebron, kobe, kd... guess the shoe game is slowing down finally?

Any elite low for that $99 though or just the fuse version?

i like it 2x,,,so i can pick the cw i like since so many cw released by Nike :smokin

So you just need the laces for the your aglets?

I have the shark jaw htm and I can't imagine wearing them with the aglets. It bothers the hell out of me just holding the shoes around and hearing and feeling the aglets hitting the shoes. Looks nice but very annoying.

I got one pair of wax lace and one pair of nylon so I have miss matched laces if I don't have the reflective pair in. I agree, the aglets look nice but are a pain, you basically have to pull the loops of your laces all the way to pull the aglets into the middle of the knot. What do others do? just deal with it? I like the reflective laces, do guys just wear them without the laces?

340 shipped to me.

Haha yeah that's how much I got my sharks for too. I had some eBay bucks so it came out to 250. So I really got it for retail with no tax. It's still hella expensive. I have never have and will probably never again spend so much on a pair of shoes. But they were just so nice! Lol

Last edited:
Haha yeah that's how much I got my sharks for too. I had some eBay bucks so it came out to 250. So I really got it for retail with no tax. It's still hella expensive. I have never have and will probably again spend so much on a pair of shoes. But they were just so nice! Lol

I've been on a spree lately, two pairs of mc 9's, 4 id x's (sold one already) and these htm and i still haven't messed with xi's yet.... I need to retire other than trying for heat to just resell to offset the prices i paid for these.... and i almost forgot 5 pairs of xmas x's (sold two, keeping one pair and selling two more) just again to offset the other stuff i bought... but in the meantime i am floating them all.

Last edited:
I've been on a spree lately, two pairs of mc 9's, 4 id x's (sold one already) and these htm and i still haven't messed with xi's yet.... I need to retire other than trying for heat to just resell to offset the prices i paid for these.... and i almost forgot 5 pairs of xmas x's (sold two, keeping one pair and selling two more) just again to offset the other stuff i bought... but in the meantime i am floating them all.

Yeah i feel you. Just got all 3 release of the 11 so far. But yeah I need to slow down..

I'm confused - why buy the Xmas X to sell? Did you get them at a discount? Just curious, not a shoe I would have chosen for reselling or speculating on.

thinking i might have finally found that under $150 for the white highs, hope i'm looking at the right size
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom