Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

I like the X for the improvements they made with the IX. Remove able sockliner rather midsole. Firmer midsole. They're lighter and more evenly weighted without those side and heal panels. I also love the fit and wider base.

I personally like the monochromatic and simple colors blocking.

Also, now that they're sitting and going on sale they're the perfect shoes for me.

designwise the 9 highs are way ahead of the 10 highs
If by ahead, you mean more complicated, I agree. I think the X is a simplification of the IX high. Which I like.

Looking back at the last several Kobe's - I would say the VII was a step up in complexity from the VI rather than a refinement of it, which made it a fail. The VIII was the actual successor to the VI, as the lines got simpler and cleaner. The IX again increased complexity over the 8, albeit while making a huge jump in a bunch of areas. I think the IX was a remarkable shoe, as I said I own a lot of them. But, I do prefer the simplicity of the X, even if that means losing some of the "details".

I think the VI/VII is to the VIII what the IX is to the X.

As I've said before, I am in the minority in actually liking the X better as a sneaker - although to a degree I agree certain cosmetic bonuses were lost.

YMWV.

Got a pair of ASG for 100 brand new. One of the only ones I haven't seen in person. I still think the 8 is the best looking, although 9 high is something else completely, and is very much amazing I felt the 8 still has the best colorways overall. Wish NikeiD had an option of solid midsoles but I understand they want to show off the features/airbubble. On to the XI

I see what you're saying and to clarify my statement more I'm not referring to anything performance or anything pertaining to wearability (although I personally feel the 9 high is one of the most comfy shoes I own) I'm talking pure visual... I'm a fan of form fitting and "sleeker" looking kicks for sure but what the x high offers up isn't anything superior on shape IMO to the 9, what makes the 9 more striking/engaging is the midsole to outsole (which is one of the coolest looking of alltime) without trying to stretch too much here the 9 looks more "organic" with what you mentioned of flyknit patterns/colors personally you could put any combo of colors on the x and none would touch the detail cw alone IMO, for example putting nothing but grey tones and black on the x would be a shadow of how truly beautiful the details are

View media item 1781658

This. Every Elite IX high was beautiful in my eyes except the Showtimes (ugly as hell) and the NRG pairs (too plain) while the Xs have not been horrible, just kinda "tolerable" ...I think the lows aside from the Mambacurials are weak as hell. Really hoping Tinker comes with something dope, not feeling his recent Jordan work all that much. :\
What?! Show times were one of the better colors! To each his own but really? Worse than sequoias, victorys?

Sorry had to rant .

Anyone have a link for Mambacurial tee below retail? Just got order cancelled email from Halloween weekend, apparently NDC oversold their inventory.

i like em 
nerd.gif

Oh my! Cleansed!

Back
Top Bottom