Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

The HTM pairs are pure hype. An all black shoe going for twice the price? Come on.

The Sharks are about 95% IDable, yet the HTM tag is so precious.

The only shoe that is truly one of a kind are the MC HTM. The others are hype and it's not even debatable.

agree.
Sharks are almost id-able.
I never understood the hype about an all black shoe.
Multi is pretty cool though.
But i dont believe in the "attention to detail bs". GRs have ok quality but i dont think it would be much better coz its an HTM.

Laces,tongue,aglets,a little more variation on the black parts,HTM logo = crazy resell price? No thanks

agree.
But i dont believe in the "attention to detail bs". GRs have ok quality but i dont think it would be much better coz its an HTM.

Laces,tongue,aglets,a little more variation on the black parts,HTM logo = crazy resell price? No thanks
Why do people seem so salty about the HTM's?

If y'all don't care and it's all hype, why keep talking about it? If you really believe the ID's will be nicer, great. If you think the resell price is ridiculous, great. If you think the black and the white pairs are boring and ID-able, great. If you think everyone who actually likes the HTM's are a buncha beasts, great.

BUT - we all know if you coulda copped at retail you would have (me included here), and if you are talking smack about them, you might not have a pair - because yes, they are nicer than the GR's.

Don't ever quite get the work people put in trying to convince others that something is not good. You don't like it don't buy it, but please don't try to convince me that I shouldn't like it, or that I am wrong for liking it.

The details on the HTMs sets them apart from GRs and IDs. If you're going to ignore that like it's nothing, then why are you buying authentic Nikes? Today's replicas are pretty close to the real thing minus a few details. They're a lot cheaper and no limited availability BS.

The details on the HTMs sets them apart from GRs and IDs. If you're going to ignore that like it's nothing, then why are you buying authentic Nikes? Today's replicas are pretty close to the real thing minus a few details. They're a lot cheaper and no limited availability BS.
according to your logic replicas=nike ids< HTMs because they have laces with gold lace tips that can be bought from ebay and HTM letters on the back. jesus christ

If y'all don't care and it's all hype, why keep talking about it? If you really believe the ID's will be nicer, great. If you think the resell price is ridiculous, great. If you think the black and the white pairs are boring and ID-able, great. If you think everyone who actually likes the HTM's are a buncha beasts, great.

BUT - we all know if you coulda copped at retail you would have (me included here), and if you are talking smack about them, you might not have a pair - because yes, they are nicer than the GR's.

Don't ever quite get the work people put in trying to convince others that something is not good. You don't like it don't buy it, but please don't try to convince me that I shouldn't like it, or that I am wrong for liking it.

I actually like the MCs and wouldve copped if they were GR. Im talking smack because the whole Nike exclusive release is becoming tiring. And im not convincing others its not good, im just saying IMO i dont think its worth the resell prices. Its a forum, people are always gonna have different opinions. Peace fam.

agree.

because you have people on this website, and on the internet in general, who say the entire model (kobe x) is a fail aside from the HTM.

how do you come up with such a bizarre statement?

the sharks and all black pair are almost identical to what can be made on nikeid, yet.. no one gives a crap and wants that HTM tag. 99% of the people don't/didn't even know what HTM stood for. that is a damn fact.

Last edited:
[thread="596161"]I wonder if the X's were $140 like 8's, would they be selling out? [/thread]

i think they would..

but the counter argument i got was "well they aren't selling out now that they're on sale on NDC"

few reasons:

1. kobe isn't wearing them
2. people often look down upon shoes that are on sale because anyone can have them, people want exclusive stuff.
3. the shoes that are on sale now are "old news" and people are looking forward to the next release. they don't wanna mess with something that's been around. they want new stuff to show off to their followers on IG.

i think they would..

but the counter argument i got was "well they aren't selling out now that they're on sale on NDC"

few reasons:

1. kobe isn't wearing them
2. people often look down upon shoes that are on sale because anyone can have them, people want exclusive stuff.
3. the shoes that are on sale now are "old news" and people are looking forward to the next release. they don't wanna mess with something that's been around. they want new stuff to show off to their followers on IG.

Damn, you're calling out everyone right now lol. Sounds about right.

I think they would have sold more as well. People who would have bought the Kobes at a lower retail ended up buying Currys and other lower cost alternatives. I know because I did so myself. Now that Kobe prices are dropping around 50% I'm getting exactly what I want. My only complaint is that they're so many deals and I have no self control at times.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom