Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

It's crazy to think the Kobe IV which had the same set up as the Kobe X will retailed for $120 and this will retail for $180

What is that? Like 50 percent inflation?
[thread="596161"]its not the same set up tho. Thats not a regular zoom unit, it's a max zoom unit with a completely different manufacturing process.[/thread]

Man it's pretty much the same thing

The Kobe IV had a shank too

Yeah the price is getting ridiculous. If you wear shoes for bball and go through 4-5 pairs of shoes a year that's $1,000 that's sweated, cushionless, worn out shoes when you can cop similar performance on discount and come out the year under $500. Casual use changed everything. Shoes can be beated for 2 years easy if you keep them clean.

Either way I'm not looking forward to having a kid. 15 years from now I can imagine shoes running $500+.

The elite 9s seemed to sell well maybe because of the flyknit hype? Most likely these 10s will go on sale like most KD 7s and Lebron 12s especially.

Blue pair doesn't look too bad I guess, but I think that i'll still be taking a back seat to this model, like i did the 9's, and maybe cop a pair or two on discount.

I do wonder how much this hobby will cost in ten years time though. (Hard to imagine i'd still be in the game by then lol)

People will end up loving this shoe.

That blue pair is dope... Not the price

Ok. 

A. Possibly an assumption, but I said some casual folks may buy more. It's kinda like a Big Mac is not calorically geared towards people who eat 5 or 6 a week.
E. Not absurd, collecting sneakers IS a luxury hobby. Please explain to me how it is not a luxury hobby - it's expensive, and no one needs the amount of sneakers I have.
G. Not really an assumption either. You seen a lot of big sportswear or clothing manufacturers roll back prices to the 80's? Or 90's?

And thinking "a thousand" more of us, coming or going, effects a company this size is overestimating what 1,000 consumers effect. A $20 dollar price hike on sneakers really doesn't effect a person who buys a pair - it effects the person who buys 4, or 6 or 8 pairs a month.

Regardless, my point was and always will be, "vote" with your dollars. It's all you can do. Or not do.

Exactly right especially on that last point. I only purchased 1 pair of lebron each year because if the price. Same with the kb9.

Also my expectations were higher due to the price point. For me it comes down to is it worth my money ?

You couldn't be more right though cause you can vote or not vote. Either way people who do vote will be heard, a president will be elected, a product will be made. Unless you can get every single person to boycott a product, or effect a large enough population the price won't change. It is suicide for nike to be like "oh our bad, we priced these too high let's adjust it for you" when they can let people cop on deals and with coupons and maintain leverage over the consumer showing they are sticking to their price and if you want them you will pay for them.

Last edited:
I truly think Nike maybe pushing the resellers down with this strategy! I look at the WTK 9 as my example: Nothing special about it compared to the other elite highs but comes with a 50 dollar increase, why? --------But this actually kept most successful resellers, that I know, away from them and wannabe sellers are now hung up on them! Can't give them away! Yeah Nike came out better than anyone, but if you missed out it was because you really couldn't have tried to hard for them! I think the increase bought the people who really wanted them some time to get on the sites and actually purchase them for retail!

So you pay- Nike, FTL, etc.... 275 but if the shoes would have been 225 bots would have ate them up and I think the resell would have been in the 325-350 range! This is all just food for thought but it makes a lot of since to me! It seemed the same way with the retro 4s this weekend as well but not real sure how sought after these 4 was especially after coming off the 11 release!

And if they want to release the X for 180 and discount it the same day like the Lebrons, I'm good with that too! Its keeping resellers down and shoes in the sites! Sorry for the long post!

Nike is becoming the reseller. Nike isn't trying to save us from resellers. They see an opportunity to make more money.

I truly think Nike maybe pushing the resellers down with this strategy! I look at the WTK 9 as my example: Nothing special about it compared to the other elite highs but comes with a 50 dollar increase, why? --------But this actually kept most successful resellers, that I know, away from them and wannabe sellers are now hung up on them! Can't give them away! Yeah Nike came out better than anyone, but if you missed out it was because you really couldn't have tried to hard for them! I think the increase bought the people who really wanted them some time to get on the sites and actually purchase them for retail!

So you pay- Nike, FTL, etc.... 275 but if the shoes would have been 225 bots would have ate them up and I think the resell would have been in the 325-350 range! This is all just food for thought but it makes a lot of since to me! It seemed the same way with the retro 4s this weekend as well but not real sure how sought after these 4 was especially after coming off the 11 release!

And if they want to release the X for 180 and discount it the same day like the Lebrons, I'm good with that too! Its keeping resellers down and shoes in the sites! Sorry for the long post!

Nike is becoming the reseller. Nike isn't trying to save us from resellers. They see an opportunity to make more money.

How can people not see this? They're acting like Nike is doing them a favor lol

Last edited:

What a load of garbage :lol:

You're just saying you'd rather pay Nike 190 than somebody else. When money leaves your pocket it's all the same no matter who it goes to.

Last edited:
I'll be honest, I'm starting to get a little more interested in this pair. I was thinking of ordering one more elite 9 ID with some NDC gift cards, but I could just use them for these. I'm hoping they are lighter weight, I went from wearing mostly Nike Free running shoes and compared to those, the Kobe 9 EM felt like cinder blocks initially. I may have to look into these and try them out.
I'm also a sucker for blue shoes. Like the EM, I think one pair of these would hold me over until we see the elite models.
they are starting to grow on me bro. But im still gonna hold off for a while only to get the 9s that I missed. Either way the x will still be around.

I guess what he is trying to say is it's better to pay a $50 increase and pay 275 plus tax rather they retail for 225 and resellers sell em off for 325+. 275+tax

lets just hope there will be a bunch of deals on these like we saw for the Lebron 12s. upon initial release. im liking the blue pair but the traction looks ifffy.

I'm going to be selective with the X. Both colorways I've seen are just ok.

So the Kobe 8 is what made Kobe tore his achilles? That's bad. I'd be mad at Nike. :smh:

Some of you believe anything

Like how Adidas was the reason Derrick Rose tore his ACL

i always joke about adidas being the root cause of his injuries, but only because i've seen more people go down in adidas than nike.

whether it's NBA or in leagues i play in around toronto.

i tore my ACL in the kobe 4. but i tore it because it was a awkward play. i jumped up to get a pass that was going way over my head, and when i came down i landed on 1 leg, no balance or anything and it went.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom