Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

I'm just gonna wait til some of these hit discounts if they're gonna be anything like how the Lebron XIIs or a few of the Kobe 9s (EM especially) have been. Not liking the price increase, but if they end up being in that $120-140 range after discounts, I'll probably cop. Looking forward to seeing more colorways though.

Have you had any experience with Altra shoes? I was thinking about trying a pair about a year ago and never got around to it.
Not altra specifically but I have a bare of Merrell Bare Access 3 which I tried hopping in theother day and loved em. Altra makes really cushioned and minimalist shoes so they'd be a good brand to transition to zero drop just be wary that the more cushioning the more it makes up for bad form while walking/running

Last edited:
Nike is the reason I'm even into shoes but I've been branching out to other brands recently. It would be one thing if you knew you were getting top notch quality, a luxury hoop shoe so to speak but at this point they're insulting our intelligence. It's becoming a trend for them to raise prices while lowering quality. Just foolish to support a business with this model, I feel like I'm encouraging other companies to do the same by going along with it. We've seen prices come down on overpriced lebron and jordan sigs, nike is trying to milk this shoe hype for all it's worth right now. Can't knock the hustle but everyone can see clearly what they're doing

Much like the Lebron XII, these will be had at a steep discount. Like most of y'all, I have more than enough sneakers to be going on with for casual wear; so these will be hitting the court if I get a pair. And I'm not nearly serious enough of a hooper to justify paying $180 for some shoes I'm going to wreck.

Because that's assuming that every CW will be re-sold at a premium off market. Clearly not the case. Best thing to do is let all these sit and force Nike to slash prices, but some beasts won't allow that to happen.

This is the breaking point, if you will, for me. I wasn't even going to pay retail for these if they were 150, but 180? Nike can literally kiss my whole bleep-hole lol

It's not about letting them sit and only the beast paying retail. My financial situation is good. $180 doesn't bother me. People need to realize it's become expensive as hell to be a sneaker collector and have to step their $ game up. Nike and reseller price bashing has been going on for years and hasn't stopped the increase. Adapt

Last edited:
It's not about letting them sit and only the beast paying retail. My financial situation is good. $180 doesn't bother me. People need to realize it's become expensive as hell to be a sneaker collector and have to step their $ game up. Nike and reseller price bashing has been going on for years and hasn't stopped the increase. Adapt

I used to think like this but looking at it from the con man's perspective that's exactly how I would want you to think. You're paying a premium simply because they asked you to, not because it's worth a premium price. Everyone knows when you buy nike you're buying a severely overpriced product, it's just a given but I can't really condone this type of mongering. I'm not about to start a protest or anything but there's better shoes out there for reasonable prices

I would gladly give them $180 of these had zoom in the forefoot too, but as far as we know, they don't.

Kind of sad though as the kobe 5 was $140 with a zoom setup. I bet Nike would make more money off the EM/base model if it was cheaper as more people would buy.

Everything is overpriced. None of these sneakers are worth the retail price. I'm just not willing to pass on something I want in order to make a statement or take a stand against a multi billion dollar company. I've never had a issue with resellers either. Can't knock another mans hustle. Resellers wouldn't be around if not for people buying at resell prices. So all that anger towards them should go to the ones buying from them.

It's principle - as stated, older models had better materials and better cushioning set ups for cheaper prices.

My financial situation is great as well, but that doesn't mean I should support it. By all means, do as you please. But we can't get these ****** setups and materials for crazy price increases and be pleased. It's one thing to say you'll buy but you can't honestly be happy about the way things are going, or maybe I'm wrong on that also?

Last edited:
It's principle - as stated, older models had better materials and better cushioning set ups for cheaper prices.

My financial situation is great as well, but that doesn't mean I should support it. By all means, do as you please. But we can't get these ****** setups and materials for crazy price increases and be pleased. It's one thing to say you'll buy but you can't honestly be happy about the way things are going, or maybe I'm wrong on that also?
For me personally, I guess I just wouldn't buy as many. I might still get one pair, maybe for full retail, that I really like and then wait to see if discounts can be had if there are any other pair. 

I did the same thing for the Lebron 12, really wanted the Dunk Force, no issues paying full price, got the NSRL on the cheap. Only difference is I got the DF through Finish Line to earn the 20 reward and can't do the same with Kobes.

Yeah I guess I'm just tired of these gimmicks, I still rock my Air Zoom Generations and to think I got those for $110 with zoom and full grain leather on a sig shoe blows my mind haha.

I don't really care what others do - do you booboo lol. But it's just more of me wondering when will the bubble burst, because as is the case with most things, there is a tipping point.

$180 is high price point but the Kobe line does have the mentalities for $100.
I plan on buying 10's with a discount of some sort unless it's a colorway I must have. Loolong forward to the official pictures.

Yeah I guess I'm just tired of these gimmicks, I still rock my Air Zoom Generations and to think I got those for $110 with zoom and full grain leather on a sig shoe blows my mind haha.

I don't really care what others do - do you booboo lol. But it's just more of me wondering when will the bubble burst, because as is the case with most things, there is a tipping point.
Man... the AZG is boss!  Tracked down a pair a few months ago and paid more than I probably should have, especially since there's a chance the soles will separate, but I couldn't resist.

Word is that these might not be lunar up front?  Just a thick insole over some other foam?  Can't say for sure

@gdiemaster  Jefferrrson, that you?  You probably touched on this but I couldn't tell -- can you tell if it's lunar forefoot for the midsole.  I know you said padded ortholite insole, but wondering what foam is up front.  Thanks for the first impression on Kicksologists

EDIT: nvm -- saw you said it seemed like lunar forefoot in the kicksologists review

Last edited:
Looks like I'm just sticking with the Kyrie line for the relative future. 180 for these and the KD 8's? That **** dead. Something's gotta give soon, Nike and the retailers (they have something to do with prices going up as well) can't expect to keep raising prices and everything will be okay. It's ridiculous

Can't wait to see the final flyknit version of these. The high's that leaked look unfinished. Definitely won't be copping the mesh lows.

When comparing older models to current models in terms of price you have to adjustnfor inflation. Kobe vs retailed for 140 but today that's 155 in today's dollars.

The only people to blame for the increase in price is ourselves. They know they can charge because once they slap a limited tag on them, people go CRAZY for the shoe.

$20 increase.. That's way too much.
resellers are really to blame.

Back
Top Bottom