Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

Here's the video of Kobe wearing the X highs. I'm really trying to convince myself that the back isn't so bad.

Cool video, and thanks for posting. But why did they have to do it in black and white?? Can't get a good feel for the shoe. The untied, tongue-popped thing he has goin' on doesn't help much either. BUT, I still expect that a vid of Kobe wearing them will be enough to sway many.

Last edited:
Maybe the 5 AM looked different in person because of the green underneath the blue. In pictures it looks completely blue.
No it was more the separation between the two colors is too noticable in person where they look more cohesive In photos. I wanted the upper to blend more not colorwise but as a single piece. This is the same reason why I only liked the data colorway of the LeBron 12. On another note I don't like fuse in general but the increase in stability with the wide and flat base is awesome. The tech set up in this shoe is the reason I am planning to purchase. Just waiting on a decent colorway since my elite 9s can hold me down for now.

Wow those highs look dumb af :lol:. Megaman boots. Maybe they look better laced up.

What he was saying about lack of perspective is so true tho. I remember having stupid insane confidence when I was younger and it usually worked out in my favor. Take a few Ls here and there and you come down to earth somewhat

Pics of the x high just make me want to rub my eyes and yawn, the opposite of the 9 just seems forced... I mean by missile design alone their "cool" but the x tells its design language just fine without an uneventful yarn bootie...
I love a high but these are as high as the 9 with none of the interesting, arresting visual cues imo

Pics of the x high just make me want to rub my eyes and yawn, the opposite of the 9 just seems forced... I mean by missile design alone their "cool" but the x tells its design language just fine without an uneventful yarn bootie...
I love a high but these are as high as the 9 with none of the interesting, arresting visual cues imo

*midsole design alone

Still waiting for good on foot shots of the X High - specifically the Rose Golds. Still all I've seen that I'm interested in.

My biggest complaint with the X is still that it just seems like a complete reinvention, where the previous models built on the last and carried design cues over, with something familiar on the newest model from the last. The X just seems like they wiped the slate clean and said "Forget the previous models, and the complete lack of familiarity, just buy this."

Eh.

I don't think its a reinvention at all as much as a poor man's version of the 9 with the height/flyknit, I don't think its a horrible looking shoe just not necessary after the 9

Quote:
I would have really loved to see Kobe do something similar to this coming off of the 9. Really being able to play more on the flyknit and a large full length zoom.
eyes.gif

I wanted the EMs to resemble this conceptual design.  Would have overdosed on Xs...

Last edited:
When I see people complaining about the X elite high, I read it as

"x elites suck until they release a masterpiece 2.0 and NT explodes"

Back
Top Bottom